College Basketball Thread

Pretty obvious who my favorite team is, but I’ve lived in SC for over a decade now, married a Clemson grad, and follow ACC hoops rather closely. I figure most of HP are fans of ACC teams.

Who is your team? What are you expecting?

Thoughts on Coach K’s Swan Song Season? How will Hubert Davis do taking over for Ol’ Roy?

I’m very excited for the Hogs this year and what Muss brings back along with the transfer portal additions. Two ACC guys top that list, Chris Lykes from Miami and Au’Diese Toney from Pitt. This should be a Sweet 16 team.

The only college basketball I care about is the South Carolina womens team.

We’re going to own this year.

1 Like

Right on. I live in Charleston. Dawn Staley is the best basketball coach in the state, regardless of gender

Not really a college fan. Keep up with Tennessee and ETSU a little. I expect both will be good.

1 Like

I go to ECU, not much to speak of in terms of basketball. However, I do think we’ll be better this year plus I get a free ticket to see Emoni Bates in January

1 Like

I once attended an Arkansas v ECU game. It just happened to be a bowl game in Memphis Tennessee. It was the coldest I’ve ever been and miraculously Arkansas won in OT. I think ECU missed 4 FGs

Yeah yikes, I just looked up the wiki for that game Arkansas didn’t convert a single third down but got an int touchdown and ECU missed four field goals.

Back on basketball, you’d of thought Dooley would be the guy to turn it around at ECU after his success at FGCU. Guys going to be on the hot seat if he doesn’t start winning this year.

1 Like

And Okie State has no postseason eligibility because a former coach paid a player on the team, not a recruit, $300. Unbelievable

Wake Forest, not really sure but not bottom of the ACC for a change (of the last decade).

1 Like

ECU starts today against the almighty SC Upstate

1 Like

The Coach K Farewell Tour starts tonight in MSG v UK. Feeling very conflicted for whom I should cheer for.

1 Like

Nice W for Wake!

They needed it after what happened in football my friend that goes to Wake was not in a good mood

1 Like

The Tech win was a big time throwback to the brighter days of Wake hoops. The ACC Championship blowout was brutal. Both were a complete reversal of LSU and BC last week at the same relative times. I will no longer feel safe with both teams playing on the same day at afternoon/evening start times.

Former Razorback Vance Jackson balled out for ECU last night

1 Like

I always liked Vance in limited role at UA. He has a nice stroke.

1 Like

Hello darkness my old friend

History made at Wake tonight seems pretty cool.

2 Likes

Hey I’d trade places with you guys

1 Like