No kidding bad as we’ve played we’re not out of it

Eastley

He needs to stop shooting

Keetch

Tate has been the best player on our team

tnhornetsfan

His shot selection is horrible

Eastley

And love Nick as a backup but we need Mark in. This lineup with Mark is significantly better. Where's my sign?

spectre

i hate that damn sign lol

Keetch

Nick hasn’t been bad tonight, so that’s good.

spectre

cudos to us for figuring out a way to not just keep bashing on cliff

and still express frustration

Keetch

was thinking about bashing Corbin tonite

Nice guy but has he ever won anything? At all?

Eastley

Or JVG for his coaching tree

Keetch

yep

Eastley

Get mark in please! Please!!!

spectre

who Cliff? He won the job he got let go of what 4-5 years before.

cltblkhscoach

No blood no foul apparently

Eastley

Lol

spectre

should call him default

Eastley

He looks pretty bad there

Keetch

wait that wasn’t a foul? lol

Eastley

Please!!!

Keetch

what the hell

Eastley

Please Cliff. Or Ty, make it happen!

Keetch

I mean the Rockets are a very good team

Ball/Richards spaz at the basket - Rockets runout

spectre

Something positive; I already expect 24s shot will go in

Keetch

lets go

gdamnit

Eastley

Creeping up in Lawler's law

There it is

Man we don't get foul calls

cltblkhscoach

Bullshit

Keetch

i think Richards blocked himself our

out

cltblkhscoach

Rockets 19-34 from 3. Fuck me man

+1 1
powellrmp

oh my god, im so shocked, another team hits a lot of wide open threes!! call the bad defense police!

i mean, we can also say much of the same about the nets game, but damn they had a ton of wide open three looks guys

Eastley

It could be worse… and by that, I mean there's 6:24 left

spectre

It’s like we practice at avoiding defending the damn 3 shot

Keetch

if they don’t put Mark in now then they don’t care

there he is!

spectre

i think they added mark not playing in the 4th to the sign

or maybe not!

Eastley

Miller is pretty good defensively

Not just for a rookie, he's genuinely pretty good

Keetch

honestly if I could run this team for one hour I’d fire everybody

powellrmp

sengun, i love you, even if houston doesnt

spectre

Yeah end of the day upper management did squat filling out the roster

Eastley

I wouldn't fire Cedric or Sam Pearly, theyre good people

powellrmp

i thought mark williams was going to have to lose a limb there to get a foul call. that was such a courageous call, ref. what a hero

sengun again

Keetch

okay let me know who to keep :+1:

Eastley

At least this is an attempt to try something. I like that

spectre

small ball!

lamelo heating up lol

+1 1
powellrmp

wide open fucking three

Eastley

Argh that could have broken this open

powellrmp

"oh geez, these other teams get so luck with all their threes"…ehhh

its the NBA and they're wide fucking open

cltblkhscoach

Guts of a Cat Burglar damn it

Eastley

Miller is such a blast of fresh air

+1 1
powellrmp

MILLER

spectre

boom! And we’re within 5

powellrmp

MILLER

Keetch

B3ll and Mill3r

Eastley

Brandon Clutch AF in clutchland

powellrmp

As much talent and promise we've seen from Mark williams its easy to forget how young he is as well

damn i thought Mill had that steal

Keetch

Gordon lucky

powellrmp

As always, i feel like this team is a missed bucket or two away from really being in this game

Eastley

It's crazy that Miller is getting this burn this late and I love it

+1 1
powellrmp

my god, has cliff…learned…and grown in the course of…4 games???

spectre

lol yeah right

powellrmp

WHAT ARE THESE TEAMS DOING MAKING ALL THESE OPEN THREES, OFTEN

Eastley

Taps sign

Keetch

was that an open 3?

powellrmp

yeah…they'll cool off from wide open three land…once every 8-10 games or so!

spectre

We’re such a cynical bunch lol

powellrmp

pretty open

in the nba anyting that doesn't have an active hand in the face is pretty open

Eastley

Pretty done

Keetch

I.would love to discuss options

powellrmp

SENGUN I LOVE YOU DOG

cltblkhscoach

Damn Powell we get it shit go be a Rockets fan bruh

powellrmp

chef loves sengun

cltblkhscoach

I'm.out

powellrmp

i don't love the rockets

i just wanted to draft sengun

Keetch

welp 1-3. The losing is taking root again

powellrmp

yeah! i'm such a rockets fan for wanting to draft sengun over kai and bouk! cmon man

spectre

lol who said that!

Originally sent in Game 4: Charlotte at Houston
powellrmp

coach!

damn dog!

spectre

Edit ok i see

Keetch

its ok Powell U be U

Eastley

Sad night giving these jokers their first win of the year

powellrmp

i know man!

the wide open threes are killers

don't know what i said, but i'm sorry that i like sengun. and don't like wide open threes for the other team

spectre

still 70 something more opportunities

powellrmp

for that, i am sorry.

spectre

You’re good powell

said nothing wrong

powellrmp

i feel alright about it. I've always beena vocal sengun guy

Keetch

Enjoyed it guys. See u next time

Dell and Eric talking about the good thing that a player got back on track in a should never lose game feels like a throw back to Steve and Dell in the dog days of Bobcats lossiness.

So, are we fighting the wizards for worst team in the league. I hope not. Get it going guys.

For fucks sake… please let’s not do this again. I just want the Hornets circa Zo through Baron Davis. I will acquiesce the Crash Cats.

For Cliff to supposedly be a defensive coach, why are we so bad at defense? Can we just play straight up man please? Don’t help. Just stay connected to your guy because after two passes there’s inevitably a late close out on a guy shooting a wide open 3 and it seems like that’s happened for like the past 8 years.

1 Like

Cliff teams have NEVER been good at defending the 3 thats for sure.

1 Like

We were pretty much the same with JB as well. Plus inbounds plays at the end of games have always been awful.

I started the season optimistic, that has disappeared. Do you think the new owners will keep Clifford it is his contract year. Might not finish the season with him.

I think it’s more important that they replace Mitch in the GM role. If they let go of Clifford in a vacuum, i don’t trust that they can garner interest from top flight coaching candidates. And i don’t think we need a DAntoni type name, even a Charles Lee would be a win imo. But it has to start with a name as the GM that strikes the rest of the nba that we’re serious.

4 Likes

That makes sense. It will be interesting to see what changes the new owners make over the next 10 months.

So who are we getting with the second pick in the draft?

1 Like

As much as I have not so silently advocated for the release of cliff, I 100% agree with this. It would be a poor decision to interrupt Miller and Williams development by changing coaching staff on the fly without a clear and solid long term upgrade.

2 Likes

Completely agree. The GM change has to come first and, ideally, relatively soon. I’d be ok keeping Cliff for the entire season, as long as the GM has an early offseason replacement in the works and simply focuses on infrastructure, the trade deadline and scouting.

1 Like

I get that your post was in jest, but there are some fine prospects who would fit our core nicely in this coming draft. I’d be happy with missing the play-in and drafting in the top 5, but I absolutely want this to be the last year we’re doing so. That’s why the GM appointment needs to be made soon, so some of the easier win infrastructure improvements are ready for the off season and we can hit the ground running with a new HC and improved training/S&C facilities.

My first thoughts while watching this game… are we allowed to ever watch our team play good basketball? Like ever? Like, whats it like to just be able to sit and enjoy a stretch of entertaining ball, feeling confident in the skills and execution of simple plays. To feel that the team has a good chance to win.

I enjoy good defense, good offense. Even good free throw routines. I don’t even need every game to be a win. I’d take every other game as a win at this point.

But to feel miserable from the jump, then to feel stupid for feeling miserable. Then feeling hope because they’ve finally woken up and get back in the game…only to get crushed by another run because of stupidity. Doesn’t matter the coaches, the players, the GM’s, the owners, the same feelings happen every time except maybe 3 times the last 25 years.

I know the easy solution is to be able to walk away. But basketball is my favorite sport by far, I’m a junkie. I like the pros better than the college game. And I only like my local team, don’t care about anybody else.

I don’t even need a championship at this point. Just give me some nice, average Pacers or Hawks basketball every year, at least they win a playoff series every few years. They even are able to achieve consecutive winning seasons sometimes. What’s that Hornets and Panthers? C-O-N-S-E-C-U-T-I-V-E.

The 3 point defense is inexcusable. I play pickup ball now in my old age, when someone is cooking from 3, I stay attached to them. Chasing them around every screen, denying an easy catch in rhythm, and never, ever, ever, ever, ever helping off of him to cover a driver. Take all the contested layups you want, you’re not going to get easy 3s.

But no, our professional team with professional coaches don’t understand this simple concept. The 3s actually seemed to get more wide open as the game wound down. Switch every pick, go over screens, don’t help, use your peripheral vision to keep your eye on the ball and man, don’t get too far into the lane on the back side. Just stop fucking sagging into the lane, they are not going to shoot inside, they’re hunting for the open 3.

And of course all the tricks teams use to get open 3s on us, we don’t know how to ever get a wide open look. Every shot we take is contested whether it’s in the lane or from 3. I’m a long leash kinda guy, but I’ve already read the Cliff story a few years ago, it never improves. Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, its the same stupid story every time.

2 Likes

You have already forgotten that this was what season 3 and 4 with JB were that.

1 Like

If it helps I read this twice

once as Chris Farley doing this monologue from Tommy Boy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WF_UqHQpx0

and a second time as Clark Griswald https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXkMaZz5Mo8

Both made me laugh

2 Likes

Haha, well the good news is I’m more in the Griswald mode of acceptance. The look he has in his eyes is the same look I have watching another open 3 go in. I don’t know if I’ll reach Farley, thats probably in another few years of this mess after the meteor hits, leaving us the only team left in the NBA, and still not being able to win.

True, but that was 10 years ago, or feels something like that. But yeah, year 4 was one of the 3 seasons in the last 25 years I felt good about. But it also then reinforced that every time we finally have a good year, the curse of non consecutivity always hits.

The other great years was the Crash and Jax playoff season, Larry decided to blow it up, before he imploded in self-hate the next year.

The Kemba/Big Al/McBob season was awesome. Did we keep that team together? Of course not, back to purgatory we go.

Then the JB years, we at least could score finally. But the aftermath is where we are again.

The last time the Hornets had consecutive winning seasons was…the 2000-02 seasons. Was @GeraldWallaceMVP even born by then?

2 Likes