Game 8: Hornets at Wizards

Game thread and game chat link

I think Melo has had enough and drops a 40 point game tonight.

Well he had 34 last game to the same team and they were down 20. So, let’s up that to 65 just to be safe

1 Like

I’m critical and negative by nature. But games like this show we have 3 excellent foundational pieces in Lamelo, Williams, and Miller. Get healthy and get he who shall remain nameless, and we might be competitive. Still think we need a purge in FO and coaching. I suspect Hayward will miss some time. He was limping some latein the game. Good win! Good effort!

3 Likes

Melo, Mark and Brandon are the only thing that excite me about tuning in right now. Seeing their development together. I do think we’re better than we’ve played thus far. It would help to get healthy cause our margin for error is razor thin.

1 Like

If we can make threes at a league average clip we’d probably be above .500 lol

I second all the Mark love. It’s such a luxury having a force in the middle after so many years without one. I think Nick deserves some love too though. He’s been a beast as well.

It’s a shame Hayward could never stay healthy. It would’ve been nice to get 4 years of what we saw tonight.

Looking forward to getting our full compliment of players back. I don’t want to play for the lottery this year. Just want to win some games.

3 Likes
Originally sent in Game 8: Hornets at Wizards
meloFan

Nice 0-10 start

spectre

We should feed mark every possession make gallinari guard him

meloFan

0-9 3pters

spectre

Wish we’d just use the advantage we have in the paint

meloFan

0-11?

TheDorkLord

yep

meloFan

At least we are consistently bad with 3pters, 0% since the start

TheDorkLord

we cannot hit from the line either

powellrmp

I just can’t do it tonight guys

this is fucking ridiculous

Chef

Serious question, if they lose by a comfortable amount, could you see a coaching change? Cliff gets fired with an interim named from staff. Mitch fired?

powellrmp

I’m so ready for big changes. Wake me when that happens

this is pretty silly at this point

spectre

I wish but no. The new guys have that “evaluating” excuse

GoBobcats24

I really wish we would put Miller in Midrange situations more

Chef

Well, I have evaluated for the last 17 years and can say it's time

+1 1
spectre

lol no kidding!

Chef

That requires an actual offense gobobcats. Between Cliff and melo, that won't ever happen

spectre

Any idiot could see the train wreck this off season when we did nothing

powellrmp

Chef, I think what I hear
you say is that they can evaluate “deez nuts”

respectfully

but I don’t want to misquote you

respectfully

I think we’re all pretty done with evaluating

in solidarity, as always chef

spectre

the new guys have to show me this isn’t just an investment opportunity

Chef

That's about right. In investment terms the owners bought a fixer upper at turn key price

spectre

just being an nba team value will keep rising

Chef

I disagree spec but that's a different conversation. These conglomerate billionaire groups are going to be disappointed over the next decade or so

spectre

if they don’t try and make us competitive I’d hope so but then we’d have other worries

powellrmp

Tuning out for tonight , cheers everyone

TheDorkLord

cheers

spectre

see jordan he never made us competitive

cya

GoBobcats24

We just need to feed Williams until they can prove they can stop him

+1 2
Chef

Terrible draft luck and poor choices in the draft doomed his ownership. This team hasn't been able to get off the ground since the new bobcat turn

spectre

You left out hiring dumbasses and friends of mike too lol

+1 4
Chef

Yes that too but when you have somehow not landed one superstar in the draft in 20 years you can't get going

spectre

yup I agree we’ve had horrendous luck

a new gm/coach plus another hit in the lottery we’ll be right there tho

Chef

That's our motto

laughing 3
TheDorkLord

"I don't know what it would be like to work with a dummy" lol

spectre

Wide open lanes

meloFan

What a shot by Kuzma

spectre

and how apt that thor hit our 1st 3

TheDorkLord

we're only down by six after that horrible half jeez

GoBobcats24

If we play like a competent NBA team 2nd half we will win. I know that is a lot to ask

meloFan

Off topic: Wembanyama is impressive

spectre

Lead!

TheDorkLord

Brandon's midrange is good

GoBobcats24

This lineup is just asking to go down by 10

Update: we went down 9 with that lineup

tnhornetsfan

I think McGowans has the ben Simmons issue

GoBobcats24

Cliff is trolling us at this point. Williams should have come in at the damn 9 minute mark.

Steelmatic

We Suck! Just can’t believe what I’m watching two games in a row against what should be the worst team in the league. Which makes us the actual worst team in the league. Damn.

spectre

First I can remember passing the ball around like that

Mich_Mercer

Why do I feel like we are setting ourselves up for disappointment after taking the lead?

spectre

That was definitely disappointing

TheDorkLord

Gordo

spectre

blocked 3times in a row

Mich_Mercer

Why can’t we play like this all the time?

Steelmatic

Mark Williams!

+1 1
Mich_Mercer

I’m waiting for something bad to happen. lol

We won a game boys.

+1 1
spectre

Just bathe in the rapture of Mark Williams!

TheDorkLord

I'm still not very inspired by this in season tournament idea, but heck we are now undefeated in the in season tournaments

cltblkhscoach

Hornets Fever! Catch it damn it

Buckets22

Relegated to refreshing my ESPN.com gamecast due to Ballybullshit (I refuse to purchase) and ESPN decided to stop updating the play by play at 2:46 left in the 4th. What happened and why did we finish so strong?

GoBobcats24

MAN Lamelo, Gordon and Williams dominated at the end

+1 2
TheDorkLord

Gordo, Ball, and the fact that we now have a center

+1 2
GoBobcats24

I can't stress enough just how much better our defense is with Mark instead of Nick

Undefeated in the IST LETS GOOOOOO

Buckets22

Love to hear it

I was surprised to see Miller’s start line after the game. It seemed like he was way more impactful than the numbers showed.

2 Likes

Second on Gordon Hayward. I don’t remember him ever playing this well since he’s been here. The contract year term is definitely a thing!

Agreed, was surprising to me also

Nice to get a win and to see our young trio play their part. But, bloody hell, our shooting from 3! Remove LaMelo from the stats, and our starters were 1-15 (6.6*%)! Include the bench, and it improves all the way up to 2-19 (10.5%). That shockingly bad. Inexcusably bad. We have objectively better shooters than that. Coaching needs to step up and scheme some guys open.

Also the wizards are bad. Not a good sign for the hornets. Definitely a bottom 5 team in the league

1 Like

I like it when mark Williams does the thing with the rebounds, 24 times a game.

1 Like

Minus Melo, the hornets would be 2/20 from three last night.

Seems like miller played a nice complementary role. Would be nice to see more plays drawn up specifically for him. He’s going to need to hit threes. I’m not yet particularly worried at all about it, but 26% won’t do it.

This was my concern with him being a starter so early. He seemed to get much better shot opportunities coming off the bench. Not sure why probably a combo of personelle, defenders on the floor and overall being more comfortable

He is just not hitting 3s.

He is getting good shot opportunities still, his mid range is really nice and is where we need to put him in more situations IMO.

His 3s seem to be forced where Midrange is natural

I think the shots have seemed okay. Good shots even. Just not going in.

Which is why I mentioned i wasn’t really worried at all at this point. Stroke looks fine, shot selection seems fine.

1 Like

Small sample size, Last year lead league in 3p after 6 games…talk about coming to earth, more falling into the upside down.

Last in league 3p, 3 of our worst…none of shots look broken IMO. Terry & PJ free throws solid and nailing 2p, raising efg% to .511 & .545

Miller struggles, rookie expected to see roller coaster slump early & hope to see more consistent later.

Terry, Lamelo, PJ and Hayward have all shot between 36-37% from 3 over their careers, all above league average, so they’re all capable shooters. What we lack is though that knock down 40% shooter from 3. Don’t know if Miller will be at that level, but he is a good shooter. His stroke is pure. He was knocking them down earlier and has struggled of late but they will start falling again. Not worried about him at all.

1 Like