cmon bmill

dazzle me

here come the threes

spectre

Outscored by 13 this quarter

Mich_Mercer

Hopefully that’ll get Miller going.

spectre

This offense seems…stagnant? Is that the word?

screens aren’t effective

powellrmp

that's an awfully nice way to put it

it looks like a bunch of strangers playing pick up

no

worse than that

much worse than that

i wish i didn't have eyes

sweet layup gordon. more like, gordon't

i cannot believe this is a real nba basketball team

spectre

Crowd should be booing

powellrmp

i'm trying not to be hyperbolic, but this is one of the worst offensive showing i've ever seen

GoBobcats24

Pathetic showing so far. Hayward taking the night off

So done with his quitting ass

spectre

21-3 run

GoBobcats24

Hasn't wanted to be here for 2 seasons

IDK what we are doing on offense but it is the easiest look on both ends Wizards have seen this season. Teams know they are going to get open looks from deep or penetrate first layer of offense and get right to rim.

powellrmp

as i've been saying for a while, i can't wait for hayward to be gone

he's untradeable

spectre

Hell Poole hasn’t even scored

powellrmp

:joy:

QC_Thundercats

Coach mixed in too many bench guys. Starters were good, then once he started experimenting with weird lineups, we haven’t regained any rhythm

100 1
spectre

nailed it qc

QC_Thundercats

but we’ll always have consistency in 3 point defense. The one thing in life that we know will always exist through the end of the world

powellrmp

are we allowed to be critical of cliff's rotations now?

spectre

I’ve always hated his rotations

+1 1
QC_Thundercats

Been critical. Been questionable since he used to have hair.

100 1
powellrmp

no no, it's too soon to be critical

GoBobcats24

Cliff may get his ass fired

powellrmp

let's give it another 30 games

GoBobcats24

Heard rumblings

powellrmp

sweet poole airball

man this team is garbage. it's hilarious that we had a lead vs the mavs for most of the game

GoBobcats24

Mavs aren't that good

powellrmp

i wish i could interview cliff after the game. the charlotte media is super duper duper soft

? they're 6-1

6-1 is garbage

i don't care that they haven't beat top tier teams. 6-1 in the NBA is great

dallas is 2nd in the west. the mavericks didn't force all the other teams in the west to loose

QC_Thundercats

Id kill for coach Bud to be hired. Or if we’re not gonna play defense anyway, might as well have gone with D’Antoni

+1 1
heart 1
spectre

Is what it is. Not like we haven’t replayed this a thousand times.

MurderHornet

This might be a fireable effort

spectre

LB was in town!

GoBobcats24

Mavs might be 6-1 which is maximizing their games played kudos to them but they aren't a top 5 team in the league

powellrmp

of course they're not

GoBobcats24

Anyway, we obviously are bottom 5 right now

Maybe bottom 1

Which is inexcusable

Like our 3 pt defense was better last season somehow

powellrmp

you can still be a good team and not be a top 5 team. i promise.

was it?

i have no idea tbh

it looks pretty similar

GoBobcats24

We weren't giving up 20 3s a game lol

powellrmp

i tried to block out a lot of last season.

GoBobcats24

Maybe 18

powellrmp

lol, there we go. i was like man, it looks pretty similar

hey man, cliff is a good defensive coach

GoBobcats24

We sure are putting a ton of pressure on Miles Bridges next week thats for sure

powellrmp

which is funny to me

because he's not going to be very good

QC_Thundercats

The thing about adding miles, we’re now gonna add being the most hated team along with being the worst. I do love a good train wreck, just not on my front lawn.

powellrmp

dude hasn't played in forever

the hornets are already my most hated team. no sweat there

QC_Thundercats

Bold prediction, we cut it to 3 like always, only to blow it on something stupid like an airballed free throw, or not being able to inbound the ball

powellrmp

i want to take a poster to the game that says "aren't you embarrassed?"

what a stupid and 1 to give up to such a shit player

spectre

They shouldn’t need a poster. If they’re not already embarrassed I’d rather they not be here

GoBobcats24

I think I could beat PJ off the dribble

powellrmp

they could be embarrassed elsewhere

i hate this team

i'm so ready to shed hayward, rozier, miles bridges, and cliff

wow

spectre

We are playing better. Lamelo is also looking better

Eastley

Question is, has Clifford lost this team or is it just blah blah blah injuries

powellrmp

kuzma jacked a looong three on a shot clock violation, it bounced above the backboard and fell back into the basket. obviously it didn't count for two reasons, but still

it felt right

Eastley

I don't feel like this is a good petri dish for "It's Miller Time!" to grow in personally, that's the team performance, the Miles stuff, the whole of it

Originally sent in Game 7: Wizards at Hornets
powellrmp

i'll give hayward five more games before he's injured

spectre

I dont think he’s ever really had them. He’s a nice guy and the players like him. I’d bet if embarrassment is driving better play it wasn’t because of him

powellrmp

no one likes feeling shame, but from an evolutionary perspective, it's a highly adaptive emotion

QC_Thundercats

Clifford is the same as frank reich. Great guys. Cannot inspire or lead men. Would be awesome on tv talking about the game

powellrmp

as i've always said, i wish cliff was our top assistant coach

and he could occasionally give a half time interview when the head coach is busy actually working, and cliff could say "our guys have a lot of moxie."

"they're in the locker room listening to their rap music, getting pumped up, doing what they need to do. and i support that. I'll see if i can talk to them about some defense one day in between their rap music songs and tweets"

you guys know that cliff used to be a mechanic?

got fired for bad rotations. those tires were all over the place. random.

laughing 1
joy 1
JFoster

I wish brandon would he more aggressive. His mistakes happen when hes trying to get the ball out of his hands

spectre

Thought we get some entertainment but they’re struggling to get it back

powellrmp

brandon is playing like he could get taken out of the game at any second

he's playing scared

spectre

we cant hit anything from outside so all drives are in a crowded paint. No one’s gonna look good

powellrmp

he needs to be a permanent starter. play with the starters, and treated like a starter.

and not like some dumbass who can get taken out at any second for some random reason.

spectre

def agree with that…24 starting

powellrmp

he needs to be treated like dominic mcguire. always out there for some reason

GoBobcats24

So tired of PJ not bringing it every night mannnnn

powellrmp

classic pj

meloFan

Are we the worst team in NBA right now?

powellrmp

yes. the worst nba team in christmas past, present and future

spectre

today yes definitely. Talent wise tho we shouldn’t be

100 1
meloFan

When I was watching Wizards vs Celtics earlier, I thought Wizards looked like not an NBA team

And they are up by 22

sigh

JFoster

Then melo gets dunked on

meloFan

I don't mind losing, but the team is just not mashing up, have no flow

Like bunch of dudes out of the streets playing bball for the first time together

JFoster

Team looks like they are sleep walking. Not really interested in the game.

powellrmp

this is the worst man

spectre

i am not a cliff fan but don’t forget Mitch deserves a lot of criticism

100 2
powellrmp

who?

GoBobcats24

Lamelo is playing hard but he always does

meloFan

Mitch needs to F off and retire

Maybe Mitch and Cliff can buy matching villas in Miami and retire together

spectre

I hate having such high expectations from the new owners

powellrmp

high expectations from the new owners? or of the new owners?

spectre

but they have a lot to do

Eastley

we need a 1000%

Mich_Mercer

How come when we get good Lamelo, the other players suck.

JFoster

I truly think mitch going 0-2 in 2021 draft really Hurt this team. Certainly not the reason we are losing tonight but that combined with no bench to speak of and no backup pg worth a damn….

Mich_Mercer

I want a good coach.

spectre

Both. That they clear house and bring in real help

meloFan

To be fair, we could've had Josh Primo

powellrmp

they should give kenny atkinson a call

oh wait

i forgot, about kenny's family. in california.

man, i hate it when i commit to a job and handshake. and then three days later, i'm like, oh yeah…"uh i have a family that i forgot about?"

rofl 1
clown_face 1
QC_Thundercats

Mitch was so sure he built a playoff roster 4 years ago, that he decided he never needed to anything else ever again

+1 1
JFoster

If detroit can get monty williams we can get a good proven coach.

spectre

Enough to give away 1sts no less

Eastley

I love that folks are convinced that Clifford is some defensive savant and his teams consistently give up 35 points per quarter.

powellrmp

wow great gordon

i can't believe we're down 20 to this team

meloFan

He sucks at offense, set plays, in the locker room. So only way ppl can justify him being a coach is defense, which is a joke.

Eastley

I am not inclined to blame any player on this team when the team and the coaching staff are so damned out of step with reality. I wouldn't be putting in a hell of a lot of grind if I worked for these jokers.

spectre

damn nice pass

powellrmp

damn

better eyes and readiness from 24

wow what the fuck, this team just cannot get out of the way of itself

it's like how can we make a good play or two and then give up a really tough bucket to kill it?

i hate this team so much

Icky_Thump

What is that smell?

Eastley

I put all my aggravation toward the coaching staff and the front office. The players have zero reason to believe in this drek

+1 1
Icky_Thump

Ohhhh…

Its Charlotte

powellrmp

lol 50 point difference in bench scoring

GoBobcats24

That song is way too good to attach to the team lol

powellrmp

lol

spectre

Hey we get to do this all over again Friday

Eastley

you can see the edges of a good tandem forming between LaMelo and BMill

I miss JB, just would have been nice if Mitch ever got him a 5 comparable to what Cliff was given.

powellrmp

i can't wait to do this over and over and over again

Eastley

lol, shocker we're dead last in 3pt made

Thank the lord our coach is the ghost of nba past

powellrmp

we're bad a three point shooting and bench scoring???

thank god miller isn't in there

why would we want to give him some run to get buckets

Eastley

I'm up for giving Ty Corbin the reins and seeing how we go from there

actually, check that - Mitch needs to be the first out the door.

NSJ for the win

powellrmp

i think the new owners firing a lot of these clowns mid season would be the perfect message to be honest. it would grab a lot of fans attention-and respect.

heart 3
spectre

Nick smith making an appearance

Eastley

I'd trust NSJ on the runout more than Bryce tbh

powellrmp

i remember i set Founding off because i said that i wondered if there was a world where NSJ and miller could be within the same stratosphere as players

Eastley

lol, we goaltend more these days than we did w/ Biz

powellrmp

NSJ could have a pretty high ceiling

spectre

Me too on smith. But not like we need bench offense!

Eastley

I'm more commenting that Bryce has been around enough to have checked out. NSJ is still eager to get burn

powellrmp

I don't understand why that pissed him off so much. but hey man, we're down 20+ to the wizards so who cares

i've never fully been a bryce fan

like, i get that mcgowens doesn't make a ton of mistakes. but thats about it

Eastley

Seriously man, why are you talking about posters here and trying to stir shit up?

powellrmp

he's a shittier cody martin

Eastley

Knock it off now.

powellrmp

sure man

spectre

cya’s later im outta here

my liver blames the Hornets and the Panthers… there is not enough alcohol to be a NC pro sports fan. (with exception to our Hurricanes… that seems to be all we have)

All five starters scored in double figures. And that was it. NSJ needs to move ahead of McGowens if he’s not going to shoot the ball. JT Thor’s progress we kept hearing about hasn’t happened.

Bridges and Rozier back in the fold will help, but for now someone else on the bench has got to want to shoot the ball. Good warm up for the in season tournament!

3 Likes

Would rather see NSJ get minutes.

3 Likes

I decided the Panthers and Hornets aren’t worth my good liquor! Gotta save it for worthy TV shows like Bluey or Bob Ross reruns.

1 Like

Yeah, Nick has that excited energy, like he actually likes playing basketball energy that we need. I don’t know how Bryce looks so awful now after being decent last year.

Ish was looking awful to just throwing it to whoever. Maybe get the other midget IT on board.

1 Like

I think a lot of these guys are checking out our maybe just not checking in. I can’t blame them. As an org, we don’t seem to have any direction other than letting the wind take us where it wants.

Don’t even have words for how bad that was tonight. We definitely need Terry and Miles back in the fold. We just don’t have enough players who can consistently make shots. We don’t defend. We give up way too many offensive rebounds. We don’t shoot well from 3. I’m not sure what exactly we do well as a team. But it is encouraging that Lamelo seems to be back.

Yeah, they’ve both obviously been bad a lot through the years, but I can’t remember a time when they were both this bad at the same time.

Didn’t get to see the game. Good thing. Are we really the worst team in the NBA? Lamelo, Williams, and Miller can stay. Everyone else, hit the bricks. Clean slate from the top down. Don’t wait until the end of the season. Start making changes by the first of the year. Maybe a new GM can make some moves by the trade deadline (Feb 8th).

Edit: we’re up to 4th in the lottery on tankathon. Should be too early to check that, but it’s not.

We need a better bench. I’m tired of seeing Thor shooting that corner 3 and missing. It’s not his fault but, he was never a good 3 point shooter. "It's Miller Time!" was the only person that could put up points off the bench. And we have to stop standing around and waiting for iso plays to win out. REBOUND THE DAMN BALL!

1 Like

There is no way we’re the worst team in the NBA, we have a decent level of talent and are way underperforming

I didn’t see the game and don’t think I’ll bother catching up with it. So often, there’s one quarter where we blow it. To be outscored by 24 points in the second quarter was shocking.

Theo, Bryce & Thor are meant to be our third string Guard, Wing & Big respectively … and it shows. I think I’m most disappointed that Thor hasn’t taken a step forward, closely followed by Bryce having taken a step back. I look at the Wizards’ bench and see Delon Wright, who I’d love as our backup Guard. Maybe we’ll get one someday.

What I’d had given to wake up to read Windy or Lowe saying “I’m hearing rumblings around Charlotte right now.” Wouldn’t even need to be loud rumblings, but something that says that the powers that be see what we see.

3 Likes

Yes there is absolutely a way Charlotte is the worst team.

Talent wise bottom 4
Roster wise bottom 2
Coaching bottom 2

Counter to the melo played back to form line of thinking.

The wizards lead the league in pace and shots. They aren’t the best shooters but their identity is making up in volume what you can’t compete with in talent.

The hornets lack the offensive talent to beat them at their own game.

It is the pg’s responsibility to recognize this and control the pace of the game especially when their team is on offense.

Melo fell right into their plan. Sure he had a good game but like boxer suckering their opponent into fighting the fight in their style, the wizards got exactly what they needed. Melo diving head first into an aau style of game. His points came easily but the hornets lacked the offensive ability to keep up and lost on volume.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. These guys just aren’t good enough to be a part of an NBA rotation. I hate to keep harping on this point, but this is exactly why I was so frustrated we didn’t bring back Oubre. To win in this league you have to be able to score consistently, among other things like playing defense, rebounding etc, which we also don’t do well. But you have to be able to score and you have to be able to make 3s. We built a roster that can’t do either consistently. Oubre was the ideal piece to solidify a second unit. An instant offense guy who wouldn’t have cost a lot of money and we just let him walk away. If our FO thought McGowens or Thor was going to replace his production I’m not sure how they ever ascended to the positions they’re in.

We actually had quality depth last season and we’ve somehow managed to convert productive players like Oubre, DSJ and McDaniels into Thor, Maledon, McGowens, etc. Even bringing back Svi would’ve made more sense. At a time when shooting has never been more essential to success in the league, we thought it would be a good idea to get rid of shooters and replace them with people who can’t shoot. I just don’t understand what we’re doing here.