Against the East leader Detroit

Numbers worse than my boy Mark Williams still :muscle:

Richards and Williams should both be playing. Plumlee should be wrapped in bubble wrap until the 9th to ensure that he makes it to the deadline healthy. I get playing him to showcase his value for a potential trade, but that has been well established at this point.

Richards has done nothing to deserve to get removed from the rotation. Itā€™s just a numberā€™s crunch at this point. Not enough minutes to play 3 centers. But he continues to be nothing but immediate production whenever heā€™s in the game. And to look as sharp as he did despite not playing for the past two weeks is a credit to him. But at this point, we need to be playing the guys who are a part of our future. We know Plumlee isnā€™t (or shouldnā€™t be) and we know Williams is. And I think Richards should be as well, but at the very least we need to play him enough to be able to determine that.

And Iā€™ll also add that Duren has shown me nothing to make me wish weā€™d kept him over Williams. Heā€™s a solid young player but I think heā€™s about what heā€™ll be, a rugged rebounder with limited offense outside of 5ft. MW has a much higher ceiling for improvement imo.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s really Dorenā€¦ itā€™s more of the fact they traded the 13th pick for way worse valueā€¦. To save money. Which is why it hurts.

5 Likes

Agreed, I was not a fan of trading the pick, at all. Williams and Griffin wouldā€™ve been my preference. But Iā€™m glad we at least came out of it with Mark. Hopefully the yield from the picks we got ends up working out in our favor, but at least for now it seems like a poor decision.

2 Likes

That trade was like:

Hornets: Iā€™ll give you $100
Other team: what do want for it?
Hornets: $25
Other team: Deal

2 Likes

$17.50 and a twinkie

3 Likes