Did Wake Forest stick the coach landing?

Knowing there are many an ACC fan here, curious if the perception is that Wake stuck the landing with hiring Coach Forbes out of ETSU? As a Wake homer, I recognize my bias so interested if this marks a “damn, no more easy wins” or more like “ok, new name, same result” from other ACC hoops fans.

From the ETSU perspective they did. Coach Forbes likes a fast pace and 3’s. His teams will rebound and play defense. He can build a consistent NCAA tournament team at Wake in my opinion, depending on the academic standards of course.

1 Like

That’s positive to read. Hope it’s a great hire.

Curious of your thoughts on Coach Forbes so far?

Seems like much better, more organized on both sides of the ball. The players really seem to go hard for him and he’s bringing in really good (seeming) talent. He’s been dealt a very raw deal to be in his first year, have 17 days missed due to covid, 30+ days between games 2 and 3, and basically missed all of any pre-season if you will. But really like what things are looking like so far.

Liking his recruiting a ton at this point TN. He’s brought in confidence as well which has been lacking since Dino Extortion (eek, that story keeps unwinding in an ugly way). This looks to be a surprising WFU hoops team akin to the thorny teams of Odom/Prosser when they had talent but not Duncan/CP3 level talent.

1 Like

Yes. Nailed it.

1 Like

Missing Coach Forbes at ETSU.

1 Like

Heard Coach Forbes name mentioned for the now open UGA job. I don’t think that will happen.

1 Like

Don’t think so, just got a big extension yesterday i thought

1 Like

Saw that this afternoon. Glad to see it, seems like a good fit there.

1 Like