Adios James Borrego

1 Like

Holy shit.

I didn’t expect that.

Tells me the whole Lamelo/Borrego trust was wishful thinking. Exit interviews had to have been his downfall IF we llanned to keep him last week.

1 Like

That would suggest that exit interviews (not the media ones but the 1:1s) were notably not in his favor. Best of luck to him. He got a lot out of these guys developmentally. Best of luck to us. Our hiring of head coaches has not gone consistently well in the past. Perhaps the core of LaMelo and potential of retaining Bridges helps attract a high-level coach.

1 Like

Damn LaMelo fans must be happy

1 Like

Mixed on this wanted him to get one more year

3 Likes

I really thought he’d get, and deserved to get, this next season. We MUST already have identified his replacement, surely? He wasn’t bad enough that you fire him and then figure it out.

1 Like

You serious? This franchise?

3 Likes

I like Borrego, but he is not the Xs and Os guy we need and we also need a coach that cuts our young guys a little more slack in-game. I like what he did here from an off-court perspective, but his on-court game set us back this season.

5 Likes

A Man can dream … and hope … and have his figures crossed

But we thought that when Clifford was let go right? I don’t think we do well in this space generally - which is why I was not excited to change for change sake. Really hope I am very wrong and we a) have the right hire in mind and b) will spend for a head coach (and coaching staff) that we can compete.

1 Like

I think that’s a very fair and succinct summation.

The young guys stuff bothered me but I could live with it, however, we were unacceptablely bad on defense.

1 Like

I expect guys like Quin Snyder, Mark Jackson, Kenny Atkinson to be on our list. My darkhorse would be Mike D’antoni haha but he has had a couple of rocky situations back to back.

I want T Lue but thats not happening.

I also expect to be 100% surprised by our decision haha.

Also, Borrego being let go before Kupchak extension is interesting. Suggests either MJ move and/or a Kupchak extension looming.

Can’t stress exit interviews enough. Had to have been the final nail in the coffin.

Villanova coach?

Kidding.

This franchise: can’t get right

There’s a pretty good coach with an excellent defensive background out there who recently won an NBA title and just got canned after the Player/LeGM of the team decided to allow all the defensive stalwarts leave via trade and/or free agency to then be replaced by past their prime vets so predictably they faltered. We should give that guy a call.

1 Like

Bring in Kenny Atkinson!

1 Like

I’d take Kenny Atkinson over Frank Vogel. I liked Snyder, Larranaga, and Udoka respectively when we interviewed each. But of that field (excluding Ime since he’s unavailable), I’d take Kenny over the rest.

1 Like