Game 18: Hornets TWolves 12/2 5:00pm

Since I won’t be able to watch this one I thought I’d at least start the game thread. Just a reminder, this is a weird time start: 5:00pm.

It’s too bad we won’t be able to see the Ball/Edwards matchup. The Wolves are good, so this may be ugly.

Minnesota has figured out defense and leads the league with allowing an astonishingly low 105 points per contest. This is quite a feat compared to Charlotte’s 122 per game.

Minnesota seems to have figured out the Gobert and KAT duo. Alongside a continuously developing Anthony Edwards, this spells trouble for the Hornets tonight, and for the rest of the league this season.

With Melo out and Miller’s game time status uncertain, the Hornets will need to replicate their shooting performance from the Nets game to keep this one close. Hopefully we see some more surprise contributions from Bryce McGowens and NSJ in particular.

My prediction: Minnesota 123 Charlotte 108

Eastley

This is just brutal

Hope it improves

spectre

KAT and Gobert finally figured it out. Pretty formidable

What’s up with Edwards not playing? Ever since I saw him in Hustle on Netflix I enjoy hating on him

Eastley

Miller really impacts the game in a lot of good ways

KAT Marin singing "hey, I'm just a foul machine"

Feel like Smash needs to stay down on more of the shots he tries to block

spectre

Didn’t we bring back Patrick Ewing as a coach?

Yes, coaching consultant. Hopefully he’s working with Mark but that sounds suspiciously like a BS title

Eastley

Gordo really wants to get traded

spectre

we suck defensively in the paint

Im definitely behind you I understand your gordo comment now

13 this qtr

Eastley

He just looks very determined to get his

GeraldWallaceMVP

Gordo is trying to get one last decent contract

spectre

We have no signing rights

For Hayward

that kinda sucks. I don’t even think bird rights? Anyone know?

Thread
Eastley

Should have Bird rights, 4 year contract

Eastley

Think 2 years gets you early Bird, 3 should get you full. Have to check the FAQ in that to be sure.

But we should trade outright rather than use them

spectre

Oh for sure I’m just wanting the leverage

Playing good D this stretch

Eastley

Suddenly this is complete trash defense

We were for a bit there but it fell off a cliff

I love everything about Miller's game

spectre

After the subs

Me toooo!

Eastley

Yeah, seems we settled back down a bit now

Did he touch him?

spectre

boy we were in center wasteland for so long its great having some good potential there now

No. Challenge that

wtf

Sheesh

i feel like he was on Richards back right there

100 1
Eastley

Terry really needs to stop crossing over at half court, he's real close to an over and back

spectre

entertaining for sure! Happy for the home crowd

Eastley

It's alive in here

+1 1
spectre

Bryce!

Eastley

Really hate the hockey line shifts

+1 1
spectre

always have. Almost every coach we’ve had does it tho

Eastley

Wow PJ

spectre

LOL PJ!!!

Damn what a good game

Thread
DemonDeaCat

Ish stepping up!

Eastley

That felt like a throwback to his Deacon days

heart 1
GoBobcats24

We really chose to go small against the biggest team in the NBA what weak ass shit

Stupid coaching

Eastley

Wish we had challenged a few things by now

Thread
GoBobcats24

We don't challenge

Eastley

Should have at least 2 times. But good to save them for next game

spectre

Disappointing last 5

Dang I got half of it correct.

I couldn’t watch the game but it looked like we kept up with a really good team last night.

Oh, looks like they were without edwards. Would’ve been a good win to steal. Oh well. At least it wasn’t bad basketball.

We really pissed this game away at the end with lineup choices. Very frustrating

Ah shoot, I hate to hear that. Without edwards it looked like a nice chance to steal a win. Still a really good Minnesota team though. Oh well.

Do you remember what some of those bad lineup decisions were? Stuff like leaving in Thor too long? Or taking miller off the floor?

Seems like I remember late in the 4th, tight game, going with PJ at the 5 with Gobert and KAT on the floor. My son asked what are we doing. I didn’t have a clue.

Ah, that checks out. Bold move there cliff.

Didn’t Mark Williams foul out at that time? IIRC that forced us into a bit of an awkward line up.

1 Like

Yeah, Williams fouled out at 2:43. Down 111-109. PJ came in. Wolves get 2 layups, 115-109. Richards came in at 1:40 during review on Rozier getting fouled on the 3. After rewatch, they made plays our guys didn’t down the stretch. Just seemed odd to me at the time to bring in PJ to guard Gobert and I think Bridges was on KAT.

Agreed. I understand that it was Nick’s first game back after 2 weeks and maybe Cliff didn’t think he was ready to be thrown into that situation, but if he’s available I think you have to go with Nick there.