Melo out still.
Terry now has a sore thumb.
Gordon has sore tummy.
Miles denied entry into Canada.
Mark’s back hurt still.
PJ shoulders are sore.
Cody’s been kidnapped.
Frank has one leg.

But other than that, everything is good.

https://x.com/kylebaileyclub/status/1736790016334929988?s=61&t=uYk4fTD3pbEJJg2eAq_AqA

1 Like

Canada is doing what I wish we did

1 Like

https://www.si.com/nba/hornets/news/report-miles-bridges-ruled-out-vs-toronto-and-denied-entry-into-canada

1 Like

Either Charlotte didn’t due their due diligence in researching and preparing ahead of the trip, or the information they had at hand was incorrect in suggesting Bridges would be allowed entry.

Us not doing our due diligence? Color me just shocked.

It’d be a serious upgrade if MickeyMouse was running the Hornets.

3 Likes

For anyone that was still under the belief this was a serious organization, I hope you have been fully disabused of that notion now.

5 Likes

Man… I’m one of those people that tries to give most people the benefit of the doubt and see things from their perspective to ensure I’m not missing something. I generally try not to judge.

But this is some wacka wacka clown car business.

1 Like

It’s hysterical that 75% of the team has random injuries that are completely unexplained in occurrence and time of recovery. Had they had any idea that Canada is an anti woman beater import country, they could have just said he had an infected hangnail and couldn’t travel. Apparently that would have stopped all reporters questions.

Management decisions sponsored by
oops

Yeah I have no idea how this happens to a front office/organization with any sort of competency

2 Likes

For those who don’t read RealGM:

I actually work as a Canadian immigration officer, and honestly, I probably make the same decision as that border officer who denied him entry. Pattern of recidivism due to him violating the protection order while awaiting trial. My guess is they interviewed him at the border and he probably showed no remorse during the interview. Hornets should have gotten ahead of this matter by applying for a Temporary Resident Permit well in advance, rather than just getting it done at the border.

This. He’s showed no real remorse.

The lack of remorse plus the way in which he allegedly violated the probation condition is disturbing.

I can’t remember a time when I’ve been more embarrassed to be a fan of the Hornets and Panthers… just a complete shit show. Seriously sad.

Missed the first half. They did better than I thought (or alternatively, Raptors slept walk because they assumed an easy victory and shot as terribly as you can but still stayed in it).

Ending the game on a 31-14 deficit in 8 minutes is not the strongest close. I probably should “praise” their effort in staying close early on while so shorthanded, but that would be celebrating one of those kind of “victories” that don’t mean shit any more.

Of note, it’s really amazing that Brandon scores as many points as he does. Via whatever sets or action Cliff thinks he’s implementing on the floor, Brandon doesn’t really get many looks. At all. There seems to be very little plays/actions ran for him specifically.

What makes his scoring impressive is that he seems to generate it on his own. He’s very good with shooting off the dribble-not necessarily going hard at the rim often (which he does better than I thought), but using the dribble to soften his defender to find enough space for a quick release pull up jumper.

I want PnR sets for Brandon, I want double screens for him to get open threes in the corner, I want sets for Brandon to use a screen to quickly back cut from the three point line to the basket.

There are so many things that aren’t happening and it’s driving me insane. The fact that Miller is scoring 14 points a game is wild, as he seems to be a forgotten man in this offense who has to fend for himself on broken plays and the scraps he’s given.

Next game I’m going to take notes of possessions to be more specific on what I’m talking about.

1 Like

He is put on weak side on every play and VERY RARELY are plays run for him. It’s incredibly noticable

2 Likes

Exactly, he’s just “there”. I can’t believe it. I’m so ready for a coach that can maximize our players.

1 Like

I do feel like a fair number of his 3s are assisted. I think the other guys have been pretty good about finding him for spot up 3s, especially when he’s hot. But I agree I don’t recall us designing much, if any PnR action around him. I’d like to see more of that.

Originally sent in Game 25: Hornets at Raptors
spectre

We have a lot of crap to deal with but B Miller isn’t one of them. He plays like this is his 2nd or 3rd season

Eastley

Miller

spectre

He should have a chance to shine. He’s really the only offensive threat besides Terry and maybe PJ

Eastley

When he develops some core strength…

Are we playing like we care because no one is afraid of getting pulled due to short handedness? Or because we got embarrassed on Saturday?

spectre

1st one for sure and the Raps thought we’d be a pushover

and terry is in his element lol

powellrmp

Were we just running some kind of zone defense

like a box and 1 or something. I just looked up and caught the end of the raptors possession

spectre

I don’t think these guys know any defensive sets but props to you for assuming that!

powellrmp

It was the raps possession right out of the timeout I think?

well my streaming site is down, so I’m not watching anything now hah

spectre

Ok I rewound it and they looked disorganized as hell. Richards wasn’t even guarding anyone. They did flood the paint so red dog is probably telling everyone to board

lools like everyone is keeping one foot in the paint on D too

i usually try and not pay attention too much on D else I’ll get pissed off lol

powellrmp

Yeah, I was like…what kind of junk defense is this?

ish and Bryce did some sort of half switch like they were trying to sell man defnese or something from the half court pressure

spectre

24 needs to get more assertive with his shot only 4. Wasn’t he an alpha at Alabama?

Him and mcgowens within 5 ft of each other in the corner watching terry

On the flip i wouldn’t be upset if PJ shot a lil less

TheDorkLord

Brandon playing some D

powellrmp

PJ was very good earlier in the season when he was aggressive with the ball. Taking it to the rim, mid range moves

spectre

He just can’t stay consistent. Basically a MLE player

that was close

powellrmp

Miller reminds me of a smooth WR who is great at finding the soft spot in the zone coverage

never looks like he’s overworking or moving too fast, just smooth and crisp

omg Brandon one of those had to have gone in haha geez so close

spectre

Smh

powellrmp

Omg

NSJ-crew

Nick. Cmon man. Cmon little dog. Cliff is going to bury you on the bench out of spite

I wonder what kind of interaction that was with ish and Brandon

spectre

lol thor just picked ish on that inbounds

powellrmp

Horrible defense. We just watch people

Man I swear we miss so many of those close to the rim buckets

spectre

Nice move!

powellrmp

AND 1

i want a miller three to end the half

er, third

hahaha Ish. The wily veteran

Are they really going to call this a flagrant foul

WOW REALLY

spectre

Does it tick you off every time they show Cody on the bench? Does me

powellrmp

Okie dokie Cliff

why is miller on the bench still

i can’t stand PJ. He’s back in one of those 10-20 games stretches were he looks lost

Mich_Mercer

Sorry guys… i turned the game on 4 minutes ago and the Raptors went on a run immediately. My bad.

laughing 1
powellrmp

Man it happens to me all the role I hate it :joy:

which is frustrating because we know he has it in him to play well

joy 1
spectre

They were due

So it doesn’t have to be at its peak or going down if its over the cylinder?

TheDorkLord

yep, if it is in the cylinder you cannot touch it

powellrmp

All I know is that we need Bouknight to come in the game and save us

laughing 1
spectre

Haha yeah that’s what we need!

powellrmp

Super super super, super secret weapon

Terry deserves so much better

I really want him to get traded to a legit contender

There’s a joke in there somewhere

Mich_Mercer

What ever can go wrong does. Every time

powellrmp

Classic hornets

we write our own destiny

spectre

Thats for sure

Mich_Mercer

I’m about tired of watching them. Losing interest.

TheDorkLord

Hornets basketball

powellrmp

PJ sucks man

Mich_Mercer

And hell… how are our guys out so long when injured.

powellrmp

just fucking watching. Zero box out

Mich_Mercer

Our guys are too cool to box out or try hard the whole game… they think they are too good

TheDorkLord

perfect description of PJ "tool cool to try hard"

spectre

we have the rookies to pull for. Hoping Terry and Hayward balls out for trade value. About it

powellrmp

is Brandon even in the game. I’d like to see some sets for him. Sole kind of action he’s involved in off a PnR or something

spectre

they need a coach that doesn’t take any shit

Mich_Mercer

“Stand in the top corner Brandon”

powellrmp

yep :100:

Mich_Mercer

This really is my fault. It really is.

powellrmp

terry getting his own rebound. He’s tired of losing

oh, my, god

spectre

oh great Brandon limping

staying in tho

powellrmp

I want siakam

spectre

supposedly they all are for sale

powellrmp

siakam has been the guy I’ve decided will change everything here in Charlotte

spectre

want a ransom tho

powellrmp

he’s a UFA after this season

Mich_Mercer

We won’t pay him

powellrmp

itll take a max

spectre

thats right!

powellrmp

of course we won’t

Mich_Mercer

our players are so good, we will wait until all the good free agents are gone.

powellrmp

but there is merit in not wanting to pay siakam close to 50m when he’s 33

spectre

lol we’ll still be evaluating

Mich_Mercer

oh yeah… we will wait all off season to sign Miles

powellrmp

i need a psychiatric evaluation if I keep watching this team

100 1
Mich_Mercer

We’ll end up bringing back Plumlee for though.

spectre

I just don’t want to let Hayward expire that’d be criminal

powellrmp

batum is a FA this offseason

laughing 1
spectre

haha

Mich_Mercer

Gonna trade him for a first round pick lottery pick and then trade that pick for a few seconds and a late first rounder

powellrmp

Would you trade three 1sr round picks for Barnes?

Mich_Mercer

I’d trade ours. What else are we gonna do with them.

Originally sent in Game 25: Hornets at Raptors
powellrmp

Trade them for 2nd round picks

Mich_Mercer

Obviously

spectre

Know that’s theoretical as we still have one outstanding but he sure would fit our 2 spot

100 1
Mich_Mercer

bc they are cheaper

powellrmp

Barnes?

spectre

yeah I would he was Roy wasn’t he like couple years ago?

Mich_Mercer

He’d be a great Miles replacement.

powellrmp

I don’t know if Barnes is quick enough to guard SGs and quick guys. I think Barnes would be more of a miles replacement. You could play Barnes at PF

TheDorkLord

I'd love to have Barnes, not sure how much I would give up for him, but would love to have him

powellrmp

I think we’ll see some interesting trades around the league come trade deadline

obviously not from the hornets

spectre

20/9/6 at 48% and 22 years old. They wouldn’t give him up

Mich_Mercer

I’ll trade them Clifford and our training staff

rofl 1
powellrmp

Amen brother

what would they send back from Toronto? A bucket of snow?

joy 1
Mich_Mercer

We’d have to throw in our assistance coaches for that.