Game 55: Hornets at Jazz

Awe man it’s at 9:00 tonight. Looks like I’ll be catching the first half.

Melo should seriously be considering surgery to remove that hardware if that is in fact what is causing his pain.

2 Likes

Yes. As soon as medically possible, it needs to come out.

Great gutsy win. Playing with purpose and energy. Fun to watch this team now.

1 Like

Chef, we’re not medical professionals, we’re not allowed to speculate on things like that. We wouldn’t want to be filling in gaps with our personal biases.

Fantastic win. Played with and managed a lead. Micic had a bad game shooting but his ability to manage possessions was on full display

Micic a team-leading +15 in only 20 minutes shooting 1 for 9.

Originally sent in Game 55: Hornets at Jazz
Mich_Mercer

Just in time for Bally Sports app to not work. Such an amazing service. It’s really such bullshit.

Eastley

Why are we doing the 9 man like up stuff? Man that sfrustrates the heck out of me

dnbman

Not watching but dig Miller coming out of the break hitting a 3.

Eastley

2 blocks by Cody early is interesting

2 bad passes too

tnhornetsfan

Looking like before the trade deadline.

powellrmp

Hornets basketball is back

MICIC LETS GOOO. Now that’s a PnR!

Mich_Mercer

Bally working… I love how Micic passes. Such a good passer.

powellrmp

the man is NIFTY

nifty, and a little shifty. But mostly just nifty

steal by miller!! With the and 1!

Mich_Mercer

I’d love to see what he could do with starters minutes. I think he’d ball out.

dnbman

And just like that….

powellrmp

all of a sudden, we have depth! It’s refreshing man.

tnhornetsfan

That was a nice turnaround. Love the second unit

Mich_Mercer

We have a good team now. This is crazy to me still.

GoBobcats24

Miller is getting hit on these shots

Mich_Mercer

I wouldn’t mind having other teams tv guys on every broadcast.

this Is a cool thing to do.

powellrmp

Challenge that cliff

Mich_Mercer

Close call… was Miller fully set?

GoBobcats24

Looked like he beat him to the spot

powellrmp

Over the last 3 games, the hornets rank 5th in overall net rating in the league

looking a little sloppy

Bertans can really hit it

aww cmon Cody. Micic with the no look pass to a wide open Martin three

GoBobcats24

Wrong guy to pass to no doubt

powellrmp

Micic pass!

Eastley

That pass from Vasa

meloFan

Miles you cannot miss an easy layup my man, come on

dnbman

wouldn't say it was easy, but wouldn't say it was hard either.

but yes… hate his missed it

powellrmp

10/14 from three. That’s hot

meloFan

Look, I'll be honest. I don't mind this team losing as long as the opponents don't score more than 100

dnbman

yeah, you want to see the other team work and not feel like they can FA and not FO.

I have no idea what a travel is.

powellrmp

Miller giving the refs the business on his way off the floor

Miller is just great

brandon has a really nice pull-up after a quick dribble or two

NO FOUL CALL??

GoBobcats24

We just got DOUBLE FUCKED by the refs there. Had a 3 on 1 fast break they call a tech on us DURING THE BREAK for a no call on Miles

Icky_Thump

Did Collin Sexton hit the 3 then give the finger and mouth "Fck You!"?! or am I just seeing things?

game is getting testy but the refs are calling it all on us atm…

Mich_Mercer

Damnit…. That 3 at the end there hurts

meloFan

Is Nick Richards guaranteed 2 goaltends per game?

"THE LATVIAN LASER"

dnbman

Bertans

Mich_Mercer

That was big. I can’t believe we are up. I feel like everything is going against us right now.

GoBobcats24

Thats because it is

dnbman

And yet… up by 1.

meloFan

We gotta find a way to get Refs' respect/attention somehow

dnbman

the best ability is availability. just saying

Miles.

Going our way now… maybe?

+1 2
+1 1
meloFan

NICE NICK

+1 2
Mich_Mercer

Why is Martin playing PG?

100 1
dnbman

Wow!!!

that Nick follow was so nice.

meloFan

HOLY, THESE REFS SUCKS

The ball bounces off of Clarkson

They gotta get their eyes checked

Mich_Mercer

How has Clarkson not had a tech yet… been complaining for a while now

100 1
meloFan

Because refs have a bet on the game

dnbman

guys…

there has been a shift in the universe.

That Grant Williams 3 looked like it was going in.

and that one did!

pray 2
100 2
Mich_Mercer

I cannot believe how good our trades have been.

100 1
dnbman

bananas. better now and later. amazing.

meloFan

How's there not a tech?

dnbman

casual Miles 3.

Sexton has a movie career ahead of him.

joy 1
meloFan

Miles 4/$100M, with failsafes in place, I'll take it

tnhornetsfan

It's like the whole team is clutch now

meloFan

or 4/$80 no failsafes

Let's Go Brandon!

Mich_Mercer

Miles is good you guys.

meloFan

I'm afraid Pistons gonna offer something stupid like 4/$120, and we will have to match it

dnbman

Miles is good.

Mich_Mercer

This has been a great win…. We won a chippy game. We aren’t pussies anymore. lol

at this point, if this winning continues… we might have to.

his play right now… has that type of value.

100 1
heart 1
+1 1
dnbman

Unquestionably.

meloFan

4 out of 4 since the new players

This is AMAZING

Feels like DAY and NIGHT

dnbman

Having Micic on the bench and late in games is such a luxury. (expecially if he makes his fts.)

This is our real life.

+1 2
TheDorkLord

this is good stuff

cltblkhscoach

We Beelieve damn it! Let's go

GoBobcats24

Good win, screw the Jazz they were whining like babies the whole game

heart 1
point_up 3
Buckets22

Miller should’ve had several trips to the line that weren’t called. His numbers will rocket once he gets respect from the refs

GoBobcats24

He should have shot at least 6 free throws tonight it was crazy

Most of those shots were either good shots that didn’t fall or committed shot attempt going to the basket with nobody available to pass it to. I didn’t mind at all.

Loved how calm and methodical he is in minutes that matter. Feel like he’s the steady hand we’ve needed since… Brevin Knight??!!

2 Likes

The 8 assists were beauties. Felt like more than 8.

1 Like

The three point shooting has been sensational. Over 40% the last four games combined

1 Like

Yes. There are times where a shot you can’t necessarily knock down is the best option. Especially when it avoids a turnover (like a punt in the NFL) or you have an advantage down low for the put back. Very few guards in the modern NBA recognize this

Saw it mentioned a couple of times in the game thread but was thinking the same as I was watching…Miles has earned his money. He’s worth $25 mil. I’ve previously not been of that opinion but last night’s performance solidified it for me. Not just last night of course. We’ve seen him be clutch before, and I’ve now seen it enough times to feel confident it isn’t just a fluke or a contract year phenomenon. He’s a high level starter who can occasionally take over games, score at all 3 levels and do it efficiently. He won’t win any citizen if the year awards but he’s a really good basketball player.

I was a little surprised Cliff didn’t go back to Mann given Micic’s struggles offensively down the stretch, but Micic definitely has an air tight floor game.

I thought we came out a bit flat but is so refreshing to see how these guys self-corrected. They just know how to play basketball.

I mentioned it in the game chat but seemed like things were kinda salty last night specifically with Sexton in this moment… hit the 3 then gave the finger and mouth “Fck You!” but somehow didn’t get a technical?

He did a great job hustling for rebounds too. He had the physique to be a double-double guy. If he could turn into a true 20-10 guy, no doubt he’d be worth it.

Was that directed at the ball/basket maybe? Hard to know angles but if no one else was proximate to the gesture, maybe that’s why it wasn’t caught or objected to.

I noticed that also and expected the tech to come but never did. There was a moment when a jazz player hung on the rim, but a tech never came for that either. Not that I thought the hanging on the rim was particularly tech-worthy, but I’ve seen the officials hand out techs for that more often.

Grant Williams was called for one, but it was waived off when the ref came to his senses and realized there was someone below grant he was trying to avoid. I was at the game for that one, so it stood out to me.

There was some chippy back and forth to this game. I noticed Miles barking and gesturing a few times. I can’t tell who it was towards, as if almost seems like it was towards a fan/fans in the crowd. I wonder if fans were verbally getting at him.

Edit: I did not see miles chuck his mouth guard into the stands, so that’s progress.

More evidence that the early returns aren’t a fluke. And the show travels well too.

Another defensive performance holding one of the best offenses in the league more than 10 points below their average. And it doesn’t feel like its just opponents are missing shots. It feels like way less open 3s than we used to allow, more effort of keeping a man in front of you, more awareness of team rebounding and ending a possession.

Don’t want to retain Cliff, but these were things he was preaching that the Swarm group couldn’t perform, but the NBA caliber vets know how to do. I guess this shows Cliff is more like Thibs in coaching acumen than not, but Thibs would also not be my choice to coach these Hornets.

Grant Williams is a baller. I know he’s not a 20 point per game scorer, but it just seems so strange why he didn’t work in Dallas, because this kind of play would be killer for them too. I guess its they didn’t need another strong personality after Luka and Kyrie, and they weren’t trying to listen to him. PJ won’t ruffle any feathers, so I guess that fits better.

I still think there’s no way they get to the playin games. But there is value for young players learning HOW to win. Being taught and shown what the requisite effort, mental toughness, all the intangibles you need to close out a team. Young teams always flounder until they get vets to show them the way, I just didn’t expect to get them suddenly in season when we hadn’t Mitch hadn’t done that since his 40s.