Game 11: Bucks IST, the Return of 8Ball and MEB

It’s like having tooth extraction surgery scheduled for today. Don’t want to do it, but can’t avoid it anymore.

2 Likes

Bridges mentioned in an interview this week that if he plays well and helps the team start winning games that people will start coming round to him being back playing, but more important for me is him being a model citizen off the court with him staying out of trouble and helping in the community not because he has to but because he wants to.

1 Like

This day had to come. Best that we get it over with so we can finally turn the page (hopefully) as a franchise. Until he plays and we get through all the initial backlash and negative commentary this is just going to continue to be a dark cloud hanging over the organization. It’s only been a year and a half but it seems like we’ve been dealing with this for the past 5 years.

Just to pick nits the Prodigal Son is not a good working title.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

Miles has done none of the bolded.

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah chef, I really appreciate you making this post. You took a lot of the thoughts out of my brain. And just to clarify the original post title, by prodigal son, are you referring to Miller or miles bridges? So that I understand correctly.

Regardless, According to miles, winning games will help smooth things over regarding winning fans’ trust back.

Does that sound like a guy who has grown and learned anything? He’s had well over a year to get something (anything??) out of all of this. Is that your idea of redemption?

Not only has he not learned from this, he’s violated his court order and accrued new charges.

I won’t attempt to write something as eloquent and Chef right now, but I’ll take the low brow route here.

Fuck miles bridges. Fuck that guy. I’ll never support him as long as he continues to not apologize and avoid being a man. Real men own their shit. They certainly don’t beat women and then avoid accountability.

2 Likes

I’m really skeeved out about going to this. I know folks will cheer for him. And that’s going to gross me out a lot. I don’t think I’ll be happy until he’s not a Hornet but maybe he’ll grow. Lord knows, I have little faith the organization will do so.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been super interested in how the crowd will react.

I think miles starting versus being subbed in may make a difference. Is he starting? I’m assuming he won’t.

Quite possibly the best post in the history of this ecosystem.

Love ya

1 Like

I agree to an extent.

If he repents now, he is bludgeoned in the trial (s).

With that being said, he does not appear in the tabloids and news as being repentant at all.

For some reason, the organization is standing behind this kid.

Perhaps it’s because they think he is a good person.

More likely, they think he is the prototypical new GEN player who is not 7 foot

1 Like

Same, I’m never going to be a fan of the dude even if we turns into Lebron but him being on the team isn’t enough for me to stop rooting for the Hornets, maybe that says something about me who knows.

Was not meaning to get too deep into the religious aspect. But in this parable, I felt it related because the Hornets are in the place of the father, willing to accept the son without question or judgment. Which they have. While in rereading it, though contrition might be implied, it doesn’t actually say he’s contrite. He’s sorry for his condition, and states he’s sinned and is no longer worthy, but nothing explicit as how he’s truly sorry.

And while Miles doesn’t deserve much benefit of the doubt based on recent actions, we also can’t read into the hearts of other men and say he hasn’t changed since the last incident. Or we may never know when that moment happens if it ever actually does.

Anyways, I can change the title out if y’all really think its out of place.

2 Likes

It doesn’t really bother me if you change it or not, I’ll just agree with chef that it’s not appropriate.

1 Like

No not at all, I knew what you meant. I enjoy talking bible more than hoops and just wanted an excuse. Hahaha. In this parable, the son is definitely contrite. He hit rock bottom. The character of the father is the thing to notice. He stood waiting and watching. He knew he would return. He ran to him.

Read Jonah for an example of not being contrit.

Sorry fellas. Back to hoops.

2 Likes

I’d never presume to know what’s in a man’s heart. I hope Miles either is, or at some point will be contrite. The whole situation is such a shame because he’s a good basketball player and we’re certainly better with him than without him.

I do like how we’re starting to come together though personnel wise. With Miles back and looking in shape, Ish in shape and Bryce looking more capable, once Terry gets back we shouldn’t have many weak links in any line up we try to roll out.

Same here. Would love to chat some time.

Originally sent in Game 11: Bucks at Hornets
powellrmp

Hi

I’m going to talk to myself

We always play the bucks tight man

LAMELO GOT A FOUL CALL

spectre

lol whasup! Watching from Rincon PR

if there was booing for miles I didn’t really catch it so it wasn’t overwhelming anyway

Melo looking sharp early

Mich_Mercer

It seems like the fans didn’t know how to react. Which is how I am.

but he looks to be in great shape. Seems he’s letting the game come to him. Overall, he looks good.

spectre

That 3 looked smooth

Eastley

Ouch

spectre

i didn’t see intent but don’t they usually check this for flagrant?

GoBobcats24

How the hell did they not look at that for a Flagrant!

There was a hit and follow through

+1 4
Mich_Mercer

We look like a different team tonight.

spectre

Say what you will but we’ve sorely needed this talent infusion

powellrmp

Oh no doubt

I think everyone hs agreed on that part

man, we always play the bucks tightly

but that was a tough end of 1st possession by Melo. Playing pretty well otherwise

Steelmatic

What a difference he makes.

powellrmp

NSJ!!!

spectre

NSJ getting early burn!

powellrmp

mark is still shooting 74.4% from the floor. That’s league best still

Nicky buckets

spectre

thats what I want to see miles attacking

powellrmp

man that was a pretty weak foul call but I’ll take it

Eastley

Is Miller hurt?

spectre

2 fouls early

+1 1
Mich_Mercer

We just have a lot of spunk tonight. Just feels different. Will we go back to the old
Hornets? Probably.

powellrmp

Would love to see more of this lineup in the future…Melo/NSJ/Miller

Mich_Mercer

"It's Miller Time!" is so athletic

powellrmp

NICKY BUCKETS

i really want that to stick

And he plays a little d

i just saw that replay. Miller was about to YAM

Id really like us to work on getting an easy bucket

Chef

Yeah Nick Jr has a lot of potential. He could be a very dangerous combo guard 6th man type

spectre

Bout time we hit on a combo

powellrmp

Man I’ve missed having Ish Smith haha

instead of Theo

I’m in the minority opinion, but I think NSJ could be even better than a 6th man

i base that on nothing

other than hopium

spectre

i mean terry became a starter

powellrmp

Brandon has gotta start hitting those threes

spectre

but ideally a 6th

Chef

The issue there would be you are already paying $40m for that pg position

But that is one of those good problems to have

DemonDeaCat

This is the understatement of the year, but Miles is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Thor.

spectre

cant stand lopez a little of which we passed on him for DJ

Chef

Beasley with the hula hoop. I like it

Mich_Mercer

Hahaha was purple shirt guy sitting over there?

Chef

No dj no ballwhore. And we would have all lost.

+1 1
spectre

Now this is true

powellrmp

my concern about miller not hitting threes yet at this point is like a minimal 2/10. But he’s gotta be better than 28%

if it’s not above 34% by mid season or so, I’ll raise my concern meter to a 4/10

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing. The talent of miles has never been in question. Other than folks not wanting to see him make 30m a year for 4 years

Chef

I think miller needs to be getting shots elsewhere. I think he is a rhythm 3 pt shooter. If I were the coaches I would be all over him for settling. He needs to be getting those midranges in

Miller needs to do what miles just did instead of standing 24 ft out

spectre

I never wanted him getting 30 at least from us

Chef

And what Hayward just did

powellrmp

Aight miles, I don’t love that spin fader shot bud

Chef

Random idea: either quarter 2 or 3, they should bring in an ex player, local celeb, etc and that guest dell and Eric should do a manning cast. Manning cast on mnf is by far the way announcing should be done

powellrmp

Why not get j Cole to do that?

Chef

I like it

But it has to be someone with pro experience. The Manning cast is great because Peyton and Eli know and talk about the game so well

QC_Thundercats

Weird seeing us have depth. Far cry from last game, though they’re at least playing hard like the b team did

powellrmp

It’s very weird to see

I’ll say it again, im ready for Gordon to move on after this year

Melo, to mark!…to Miller! M&m’s!

spectre

4 on pj

powellrmp

miles

Yeah there we go

spectre

Bright side it ain’t thor

powellrmp

gordon

put the ball in the bucket dude

spectre

1 for 7 :rage:

powellrmp

and he’s missed some bunnies

thank you melo

I hate it when we get on these runs where we can’t hit easier shots

refs are killing it guys

the bucks have gotten some weird calls against them

Chef

Lillard with the tiny finger

powellrmp

well, when we miss easy close shots, it welcomes easy transition buckets

meloFan

I would happily keep Gordon at veteran minimum, no more. The guy already got the bag more than he deserved

I rather have Melo Terry Miller PJ Mark starting over Gordon

Chef

Gordon should be traded. There is no way he won't return something at his salary and talent

100 1
meloFan

and sub miles for miller, and get a PF

powellrmp

I’d take a few second round picks without hesitation

Melo is a lot of flash and little substance sometimes. He’ll make an incredible move to the basket and then toss up some weird flail of a look

its like he gets too deep into the paint and has to oddly toss it up

Chef

Yup. And doesn't know (yet) how to manage a game as pg

powellrmp

MILLA

trading 2s for 3s

oh my god

spectre

Mark’s been getting blocked a lot lately

I take it richards still shaken up

Chef

He needs to learn how to do a jump hook and a drop step. He needs summer camp at big al's

heart 1
spectre

it kind of looks like hes unbalanced going up

Originally sent in Game 11: Bucks at Hornets
powellrmp

Okay brandon

Chef

Yes. He gets knocked off balance with contact

powellrmp

I’ll raise my concern about his three point shooting to a 3/10

Chef

Nah Powell. He's hitting the first rookie wall

spectre

omg we got an offensive

bizarro world

Chef

That was a block. miles shuffled underneath him

+1 1
powellrmp

im still not worried about it, but it’s noticeable enough to think about it

“Worried” about the brandon 3P shooting would be above a 5/10

spectre

Its that we actually got the call.

powellrmp

this is a different game if we’re hitting some of these easier shots and hitting some more threes

Chef

I know right. And on a superstar nonetheless

powellrmp

Shocking

They’ve made 15 threes…we’ve made 6

Nice bucket miles

spectre

doing work in da paint

Chef

So here's something I am noticing against teams. They encourage melo to get his 30+ ppg as long as he gets into aau mode. It sets the tone for him and the team. They are not talented enough to score at those paces and shots. They also don't defend

powellrmp

Why defend when you could watch? Watching is a lot easier chef

spectre

def a legit strategy

powellrmp

but! I did see some good defense in the Miami game. There were rotations!

okay Melo

take a breather buddy

yep

Chef

Game blouses

powellrmp

Deuces

spectre

No need for a one man show this game he has some actual help

powellrmp

:saluting_face:

Chef

So there's this line on the floor. Any shot behind it is worth 3pts not 2. There are guys on the other team who are really good at shooting behind that line. You should stay near them

spectre

No passes just straight into the paint

we really struggle playing team ball

Chef

That's been my issue with melo for two years now

It's why I thought that lowe article was right on the money if not even a little generous. But I am hard on pg's.

Icky_Thump

Whats on Lamelo's neck?

sorry to interrupt the deep basketball and theory chat

laughing 1
GoBobcats24

Dude Hayward has been short on EVERY shot

spectre

im pretty flexible in type but not a fan of commando unless its warranted. Kemba was excellent of recognizing when to take over

GoBobcats24

They made Lamelo cover his LaFrance tatoo

Icky_Thump

wut?

he's gonna wear a cover up on his freaking neck for the rest of his career?

Chef

His tattoo is his brand. NBA said no can do

Icky_Thump

lmao

this world is something else

Mich_Mercer

Kind of a dumb rule but I get it i guess? I mean… he wears his shoes doesn’t he? It’s dumb.

Chef

To quote back to the future "he's an idiot. His parents are probably idiots"

spectre

Its in the collective bargaining agreement

Chef

Beyond dumb mich

spectre

i guess shoes are not included

GoBobcats24

Hayward sucking tonight is just very on brand

Chef

Oddly enough you can have a Jumpman tattoo and that's ok

Icky_Thump

PJ disappear as well tonight… not unusual

Mich_Mercer

I hate how we look so good for a quarter. They fooled me again.

I guess teams adjust to us… but we just never adjust.

Chef

Good teams have gears. Bad teams don't. As long as I have been following Charlotte they only had gears once. Big Al playoff year.

QC_Thundercats

It’s weird. Doesn’t feel like a 30 point blowout. Just came out of nowhere.

Like when the hell did that happen

Still not sure what to think about the game. We started great, depth and rotations and shooting seemed good. Then I don’t know where the blitz came from to get to 33 points. We were just within 6 in the 4th, then it was over after a pee break.

It seemed the initial turning point was when Nick got knocked out, which again, I don’t understand why our games don’t seem to follow regular NBA protocol.

I thought hits to the head, even if inadvertent, were always called flagrant. Nick got nailed in the head by a careless guy, with follow through - they not only don’t call a flagrant, it’s not even reviewed for one? Just another curiosity.

But that seemed to somehow affect the bigs rotation, forcing us into more small ball. Then our lovely 3 point defense showed its beautiful face. 22 made 3s allowed at 48% is not going to win you many games. Going 6-26 ourselves does not help, and I don’t know if help is ever coming.

PJ and Gordon took the night off again. Seems like Gordon can never play good through nagging injuries. Just leave him in street clothes unless he’s 100% healthy, can’t have him tanking his trade value. PJ will look like a stud next game though.

0 played well. Heard a smattering of boos, was kinda surprised about how loud the cheers were for his hit shots. But already looks like our 2nd best player on the team now.

I would love to just see a couple weeks with the full roster healthy, just to see what it looks like. Terry and Cody wouldn’t have won the game, but would help with offensive lulls, and some defensive help.