Game 28: Hornets at Clippers

Game 28: Hornets at Clippers

Does anyone or will anyone stay up for this west coast swing?

I probably will, because I hate myself. And I hope to see miller play against his BFF/GOAT, Paul George.

I’ll start the game. Probably won’t finish it. You know, like we seem to have players do.

1 Like

I watch every game because I evidently like getting pissed off now I can get pissed off and deflated and then just go to sleep. Also we only play in LA twice a year and it is a great arena

I’ll normally watch them regardless. Sometimes you get crazy game like PJs big 40 point outburst, Monk’s game winning 3pt play, Troy Daniels’ 4 step game winner after midnight. Ish lighting Denver on fire.

That’s hilarious (and sadly true). I’ll be right here being a glutton for punishment as always.

Oh man that was an incredible game with a depleted roster. Thanks for bringing up that memory.

Originally sent in Game 28: Hornets at Clippers
tnhornetsfan

Forgot it's a NBA TV game. No EC, DC, and AS tonight.

No Miller tonight

spectre

I’m concerned about mark wish they’d say something

Eastley

We're getting DC, AS, and EC

spectre

Wow just dawned on me what those stood for lol

Eastley

At least it's not IVAN

As in that stupid CPI commercial that was proximate to when we were dropping acronyms

GoBobcats24

Who could have guessed that NSJ would not be in the rotation tonight lol

NBATV games don't negate local bally broadcasts

spectre

ya I’m blacked out on anything not Bally

tnhornetsfan

I've got league pass, so I have to watch NBA TV

spectre

Not all bad I miss seeing the other games but the other announcers I dont

GoBobcats24

If the Hornets aren't blacked out in your area, you can switch the stream to the Hornets feed

spectre

which suits me

Eastley

Hot take but I like Cody more than Miles at SF

spectre

we should run Ish, NSJ & Cody together

Eastley

Really wish miles would stop shooting

Really, really

spectre

Looks like I’m about 30 seconds behind

I like mensah at the 5 way more than pj

a lot more!

Eastley

He plays very hard

spectre

he knows how to block out too

a rarity on this team

Eastley

Richards is sans clue in that regard

GoBobcats24

I see PJ brought his laziness with him to LA

spectre

I’m really souring on him. I keep telling myself he’s only an MLE player but it’s not helping

Be nice if they’d actually try and run some plays for NSJ. Maybe a couple screens

Eastley

But why when it's so critical to run plays only for veterans? /s

spectre

On a brighter note Ashley is rocking that yellow!

Eastley

With LaMelo in fuzzy pink, it's like an Easter game

laughing 1
spectre

See how that pissed Cody off? Contrast that to guys laughing about it. Ive missed Cody

100 1
tnhornetsfan

Hope Martin can stay healthy

Eastley

Is good to see him fully back and healthy

spectre

harden in the zone

GoBobcats24

Man we aren't involving Terry in the offense at all. Strange

Eastley

How is "fresh, never frozen pizza dough" something to hang your hat on? Do they have fresh never boiled salad?

Geez, between Terry and Miles, they are 9 of 26

spectre

And miles with 15 shots

Eastley

I wish he would half that

tnhornetsfan

14% from 3 is not going to get it done

spectre

For their careers Paul George has only played like 20 more games than Hayward. Never would have guessed that

Eastley

Both had those horrific lower leg breaks

spectre

Ah ok I knew we weren’t just imagining Hayward being injury prone

tnhornetsfan

Did Hayward just injure himself?

Eastley

I missed it if so

spectre

I didn’t notice either

as bad as we shot from 3 we’re only 2 down

TN you called it calf strain

tnhornetsfan

Done tonight?

Mich_Mercer

Just turned the game on. What is happening. I cannot believe Cody Martin is playing! I can believe that Hayward got hurt bc all starters must be injured.

spectre

Yup

Need Cody back in there

GoBobcats24

We have turn it over 50% of the time on ATO plays

That lineup we rolled out up 6 was just asking for trouble. 14-0 run…

Mich_Mercer

Sorry guys. I can turn it back off. We give up leads so fast

I really am bad luck

spectre

Its the normal this season only moral victories

definitely not you

Eastley

Bad luck is Richards playing against a full sized center

spectre

and we are down 4 starters

Mich_Mercer

That is the Hornets way though. We have to have important guys out.

Eastley

PJ has been really gritty this 4th quarter

100 3
spectre

Terry 1of 7 from 3 ain’t helping

Eastley

Ouch

Mich_Mercer

Well… let’s win the next one.

Do you think there is anything we are doing to cause our players to get hurt than other teams. It really feels like more than bad luck. It’s ridiculous

tnhornetsfan

Hayward just jumped up and landed tonight. Don't think he landed on anybody's foot. Just Hayward luck

There was a post about players you like watching. Off the bench rusty is one of may favorites. He has channeled his extreme athleticism and strength into a punishing post guard.

I absolutely love the full speed back down dribble from 30 ft whenever he sees a second unit guard like ish smith guarding him. He has developed a brutal post jumper and passes out of double teams and collects rebounds with anger. I can’t love his game enough

It was good to see Cody Martin play well. Happy for him

5 Likes

He did play well. He is a major disruptive player

After last night and the Denver game, I’m fighting being hopeful. Competitive games against good teams, while missing Lamelo, Williams, and Miller. Hopefully, Martin can stay healthy. He adds some of what is missing on defense. NSJ just looks like he belongs. Hopefully he will get consistent minutes. So please, pull me back to the dark side.

Sorry bro. here’s the view from the darkside. good teams see the hornets as a coast game. these games appear more competitive than they really are. the hornets have one gear good teams have many different gears.

i may be wrong, but i don’t think i am based on 20 years of watching.

2 Likes

Well, I lied. I watched this game until about 5:00/6:00 left in the 2nd quarter and decided to call it a night.

Okay Cliff, we’ve got to find a way to get NSJ more than 12 minutes. I want to see NSJ with the starters more. I’m ready.

Not a ton to say. Glad Cody Martin is playing basketball again, period. Going into this season and not hearing good news about Cody, I was worried about his future ability to play again.

But he’s still the hard working, over performing, utility player he’s always been. Does a lot of things well, is a sneaky good athlete, slightly above average defender.

This might be splitting hairs, but I differentiate high motor/try hard guys from actual good/great defenders. I think most of us who have played ball have played against the sweaty headband guy at Saturday morning YMCA pick up games who plays like he’s auditioning for the US Men’s Olympic team.

Edit: wake me when Melo and Miller and back. Major sigh.

Edit 2: oh yeah, mark Williams also. This team is like a walking injury.

And where/how to shoehorn in NSJ? Anywhere, take anyone’s minutes, I don’t care. Go with a three guard lineup for a while. The thunder run this beautifully, they constantly trot out three guard lineups. And execute.

Melo/NSJ/Miller
Rozier/NSJ/Miller
Melo/NSJ/Miller/Bridges/PJ

Great point. I’m back where I belong now. Fire everybody!

Hayward is probably out for a while so Cliff really has no excuse to not give NSJ minutes…but not like he had one before.

Respect for Nathan Mensah

Plowright showing love to Mensah. I think he’s our most “aware” big on the roster. Wish he was younger but he still has time to grow.

2 Likes