Game 45: Knicks at Hornets

That’s beautiful.

Not condoning laughing down 25 after coach gets rejected, but it happens…

On the MSG broadcast Walt said if Willis Reed was the Captain of the Hornets there would have been some hell to pay :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’d settle for Kevin Garnett

I loathe LeBron and will take any chances to rightly pile on. However, he has earned the luxury of that behavior. When melo drags g league rosters to ecf, he can laugh it up. When melo wins mvps, he can laugh it up. When melo can play 50% of a season he can laugh it up.

I strongly get the sense that melo is more like the other melo. Good at basketball but doesn’t care if he wins or loses as long as the money comes in

2 Likes

I just want someone out there look like they give a fuck. I also completely understand being so desensitized to this Hornets team to the point where he doesn’t seem the care. But the rub with Melo is that he not playing has contributed to that. This “i don’t care” goofy, aloof attitude combined with him not taking his health seriously is a bad look.

Melo has lost a lot of my respect this year. If the Spurs were to offer three 1st round picks and good young players for Melo, I’d have to think about it. But the Spurs and no other team will do that simply because Melo stays injured and has been pretty declarative about not taking the measures he needs to keep his ankle healthy. No one is going to shell out the future for that.

1 Like

I dunno, I guess Melo could get pissed slam off every time we’re losing. Thats like what, like 200+ games since we drafted him? Yeah he’d be insane.

If anyone is to blame about that scene it’s upper management who put us in the position of losing 80% of games played.

I don’t think we can rightfully judge anyone til we have someone competent leading this team.

I thought Melo used to get pretty upset when we lost. I don’t blame him if we have experienced losses so much more than wins that you just have to laugh. This (my frustration) is not w/ the players, it’s with what they have been given to put on a show on the court.

1 Like

We got one player who cares
https://x.com/feellikedrew/status/1752164129597444189?s=46&t=azHGzG9z8IQuqedu8I9s6g

1 Like

dude i saw that! even in the 4th quarter brandon is hitting shots and looking pumped up, but upset and dissatisfied walking to the bench during a timeout. I like it.

Which game was it early on in the season did he BLOW UP a guy setting an illegal screen? Think it was a Pacers game. And then little dog pops up and tries to get in Miller’s face for one of those fake “hold be back” moments. Only for Brandon to stand there giving the dude the side eye/judgmental smirk.

That was the moment that 100% won me over. Edit: this one. Does anyone have a higher quality image of this one?

1 Like

I’m curious about the accuracy. I’ve just watched this again and though there is a stretch when the players are holding Cliff back where I can’t see Melo but immediately before and after he wasn’t sitting over there cutting up.

Anyway one little clip has absolutely no bearing on my opinion of the guy.

If we don’t see a turnaround 24 will start checking out. We’ve all said repeatedly that there was concern about this affect on our players. It’s real.

Yes, clips like this are not an indictment. However, as actual followers of this team, it is pretty obvious that Melo doesn’t really seem to care in the same mold as a true alpha. Not saying he should be traded, but I am saying it is really looking like miller is the person to build around and if that means at some point trading melo to get a better team around miller, do it.

I think Miller is showing he’s the one to build around. You stated the same in game chat last night. I said I think you listen to offers. The main reason is not because of Lamelo’s talent or ability. I enjoy watching him play, and his passing ability is second to none. This is year 4 and he hasn’t played a full season yet. 75 games is the most he’s played. That was year 2. If he can’t stay on the floor, you can’t build around him and he can’t help the organization. It’s often said, the best ability is availability. That’s where I’m at with Lamelo. The issue is though, if he’s not on the floor, how much of a return will he bring back. I would prefer that he gets healthy and stays healthy (by whatever means necessary) and becomes Robin to Miller’s Batman.

2 Likes

You always listen to offers but with Lamelo you know for a fact that you aren’t going to get anything equal to his value to this franchise in any package. Lamelo is the 1st overall pick in most drafts. Its not something you can replace at all which is what makes him untouchable.

You guys are way too quick to give up on Lamelo. Its not like we need one more piece we need a whole team. You have to have major difference makers like Lamelo in order to win in this league.

How many games have we won this season without him? 0

2 Likes

I would argue you are way too big of a fan of melo. He has very serious warts. He wouldn’t have been #1 overall in his own draft if you redrafted.

What is his value? He is scheduled to start making $40+m per year and can’t be counted on to play. He’s a way worse version of Kyrie in that regard. Because when he does play, he doesn’t necessarily produce playoff caliber wins.

I like him just fine, but if Detroit would give up Jaden Ivey, Thompson and 2 #1 unprotected I would take it

If Oklahoma gave up giddy, j Williams (good one), and a few #1’s I would do it.

If Atlanta gave up Murray, Jalen Johnson and a pick, I would do it. Throw in miles with the trade and pick up an extra pick.

All of these at this point are seemingly better options than having lamelo sitting on the bench with twisted ankles

1 Like

Everyone has their own opinion and I absolutely respect yours (even when you’re wrong :disguised_face: ). Just want to remind that back in the day when GSW was hot after Bogut they offered Milwaukee their choice between Monte Ellis & Steph Curry, mainly because Curry couldn’t stay healthy. It was that close.

4 quarters are never equal to a dollar and I’ll ride with the generational talent every time because they almost never come around.

Our last one was…?

Right now you definitely have a soapbox to stand on and its up to Melo to prove you wrong.

Anyways I’m finished with this exercise because end of the day we aren’t trading him anytime soon.

We need another trade for something to talk about lol!

I get it and agree. However I don’t think melo is a dollar. And he certainly isn’t generational.

And, this is beside the point but here are Steph’s career stats

Absolutely. Thinks are quite now. Except for buyout talk.

Chef, I respect your opinion, but you cannot say he wouldn’t be a number 1 pick in some draft class, then ask for two #5 picks and two unprotected firsts, or ask for OKC, Atlanta package, etc.

Clearly, even in your trade assumptions, he is an all-star caliber top talent in the league and should command four first-rounder equivalents.

Let’s be real, he is the #13 on most sold jerseys in the league this season, and when he plays, he will make the money back in merch/tickets sold. And let’s be real that, no matter what amount of talent in this team, we won’t get anywhere if the team’s/management’s attitude doesn’t change, and we get a winning mentality.

That winning mentality could start with Melo if he wants to wear an ankle brace so he could stay on the floor.

That’s just accountability. If we’re talking about a winning mentality, that isn’t just something that starts after you win. It’s something you build, and winning comes afterwards (or along with it).

How to you build that when the most important guy makes it clear that he’s too cool to wear an ankle brace because “it’s not for him”? Winning mentality stems from leadership, and leaders sacrifice for the team. Not complaining about being a little uncomfortable and rarely play.

2 Likes