Dennis Smith Jr come on down

Yes I know that is your dream: take on Westbrook, dump him next year, use 30m on the free agent market for an all star and sign a top 3 draft pick. Simple enough.

MORE likely to happen: We take on Westbrook, pair him w two of our young players/multiple draft picks to please Jeanie Buss and sign Westbrook to 4 years 120 million w the hope that he will lead us to the play offs promised land and put more butts in seats.

The boss is still trying to win the division and if he gets it in his head that Westbrook is the answer then life will be hard again. As far as I can tell heā€™s spent the entire summer exploring terrible trade deals for the franchise.

You remember that draft day trade?

It isnā€™t a dream of mine. I donā€™t actually dream about the hornets. My question was to your assertion that signing Dennis Smith Jr rules out taking on Westbrook (or any other guard for that matter)?

Meloā€™s injury should tell the front office to stop half@swing the back up point guard position. I hope that Dennis steps up and surprises us all.

1 Like

Can we take a moment to be thankful that we now have a serviceable backup PG after years of searching?

The season was worse than anything I could imagine w Melo getting hurt (constantly) but I can look at Dennis and count him as a viable back PG solution.

I am going to put DSJ in the small victories column!

1 Like

I really hope we resign him. Heā€™s honestly a good enough player to start.

No he isnā€™t. Not for a 2nd round playoff team and this should be the goal.

1 Like

I just like what he brings to the team. Is tough and plays good defense. Something other guards on our team donā€™t do as well.

With the roster crunch on the wing and the question marks over the power forward position, Iā€™d happily run it back at PG & C.

As has been said before, DSJ has the attitude, the dog in him that so many of our guys lack. I think defending PGs is one of the toughest areas of the game, and DSJā€™s as good as pretty much anyone in the league at it. All he needs to do, all off-season is shoot the damn ball from deep!

3 Likes

And get healthy and stay healthy.