Game 24: Sixers at Hornets

I was thinking of this last night.

Stephen Jackson is the best sg this franchise reboot has had. Perhaps you could offer a case for 1 year of Jason Richardson.

Gerald Wallace was the best sf.

I can’t even offer a best pf.

1 year of al Jefferson was the best center.

This team has been utterly void of talent for 20 years.

2 Likes

Easy. Tyrus Thomas.

Uh…McBob?

If only we could have opened up the Spectrum Center during a deluge last night… maybe we could have pulled off the crane kick against the Sixers?

We definitely shoot the same percentage as someone trying to catch a fly with chopsticks.

I know it probably seems like I’m Terry’s personal defender. I don’t intend to be, it’s just that the lack of respect he gets here is baffling to me. The off-night last night notwithstanding, Terry has played at an all-star level this year and has been a consistent high level player for us for 5 years. He’s every bit as good as Jax and J-Rich were for us, and arguably better than both.

3 Likes

Even devoid of so called talent there is no way our guys should lose by 53 farking points to ANY TEAM! I know we got spanked in the play in a few times but James Borrego was a better head coach than Steve Clifford. With a change at head coach we might be able to salvage the season in regards to competing during the regular season and not taking a steady dose of lopsided butt whoopins! We have plenty of time to consider talent evaluations and needed changes, but to make fair assessments, coach Clifford has to go and sooner rather than later.

A few wins against some good basketball teams who had some key pieces missing and had bad games is not any reason to keep coach Clifford. Our team also got whooped by some teams who are as bad or worse than they are and we weren’t dealing with near the same injury issues at those times. When our guys got bullied and whooped in play in games it led to our head coach at those times getting fired. Why should coach Clifford get away with poor performances in the regular season? Injuries and talent issues are a part of our problem but when it seems guys are tuning out their head coach I think it is time for that coach to go!

1 Like

Thank you for standing up for TR. He for sure doesn’t deserve some of the hate he gets!

2 Likes

Stephen Jackson was better than terry

Not getting kudos does not equal hate. He is the third best pg in franchise history.

While stats don’t ever tell the whole story, the stats don’t support such an absolute assertion.

Jax was a great floor leader here, and he changed the direction of that 09-10 team to playoff bound. But that team was buoyed by Diaw almost as much so on the court, just not in a leadership sense. Terry had consistently been better for far longer here in Charlotte and makes love to pressure probably moreso that Jax did.

1 Like

It’s what the cows call a moo point. Either way it’s sad that it is an argument for best sg in the last 20 years

I just did the work. Based on highest points per game in a Charlotte uniform, and playing at least a whole seasons worth of games (No Maggette empty stats, Mo Williams hot streak, or Raja’s 50 games), these are the best players of the Bobcats/New Hornets error.

PG: Lamelo Ball, Kemba Walker, Raymond Felton, Devonte Graham
SG: Jason Richardson, Terry Rozier, Stephen Jackson, Gerald Henderson
SF: Nic Batum, Kelly Oubre, Gordon Hayward
PF: Gerald Wallace, Miles Bridges, PJ Washington
C: Al Jefferson, Emeka Okafor, Dwight Howard

Miller doesn’t meet historical criteria, but definitely will hit the list by the end of the season. I guess you could cobble together a playoff roster, but what noise is being made?

Kemba (Ok, could be super 6th man, but he’s best Hornet of all time)
Melo
Batum (Could go Jackson for tougher lineup)
Crash
Big Al

Jackson, Terry, JRich, Gordon, Dwight off the bench.

Miller, Miles, PJ, Okafor, Devonte and Henderson as the Swarm/2-way players.

Some scoring talent, but I don’t know if it’s complimentary scoring. And very big defensive holes here. If they made the 2nd round, they’d be in historical Hornets company as the farthest finish ever in our sad sad lifetime.

1 Like

This is so true. Boris was such a talented all-around basketball player. It’s such a shame he wasn’t more passionate about the game. Crazy to think how good he could have been with just a little more fire.

I’ve said it before, we all should have known when his check in hand care of choice was lotion and not powder

Could Wallace count as both the best PF AND SF? Played the 3 next to Diaw in the 2 seasons that Larry Brown actually cared. Honestly thought he was a 3 most of the time, technically. He’d be a definite 4 today.

I never saw him as a 4 until he went to Portland

1 Like

He complained about being played at the 4 he was getting beat up. I get going small but ya to me hes a solid 3

2 Likes