Historical Hornets/Bobcats

Yep

Dell Curry was on there at one point

Sunday game at Seattle

1 Like

Found myself watching Kwame Brown Bobcats highlights today, I’m definitely struggling without basketball

2 Likes

GW, I wanted to respond to your LJ/Zo video, but the system wouldn’t let me at the time because of too many consecutive posts on my part. THAT SAID…

I enjoyed the video. I’m pretty sure Founding has written that the common narrative that the Hornets wouldn’t offer Zo his big bucks is false. That eventually they DID offer Zo the big bucks and then Zo/Falk broke off negotions. Zo simply wanted out. Founding if this isn’t exactly what you said, please let us know.

I remember a quote from Zo that Pat Riley was the kind of coach who could teach him how to win a championship. I don’t think Bristow ever coached again after the Hornets. Zo knew he was going to winning situation with a better coach, as much as I hate to say it.

One newspaper story said that Zo saw himself as classier than LJ. Zo ordered a bunch of suits and had a hand in picking each color. LJ ordered a bunch of suits from from the guy/service/whatever and said “You just pick out the colors for me.” According to the article, Zo looked down on that. It almost sounds petty to me, but of course I’m on the outside looking in. The story about LJ picking on Zo with his NBA rookie of the year jacket was in that article too. Kinda juvenile stuff, in retrospect. Zo couldn’t help he was drafted the same year as Shaq. But I played the game myself, and sometimes a lot of unnecessary trash talking just goes into the athletic experience. I enjoyed the game but didn’t always enjoy the personalities of the players, honestly.

Edit: The above mentioned article was written after Zo left, kind of explaining the LJ/Zo history. I’m sure I have it in some physical file somewhere because I found it interesting at the time.

Odd, can you show me the error by chance?

I think Bonnell called Brown one of the most cost effective Bobcats ever. He did a solid job that season and got paid peanuts, on an NBA scale, of course.

I wish I knew how, Mr. Eastley. But I’m sure you can see my 3 posts above on the January 18. The system wouldn’t let me post a 4th time in a row. Thankfully the other fellas here have revitalized the thread. No worries on my end. Thank you.

1 Like

Oh! I didn’t realize this was back in Jan. I don’t know I’ll have the ability to check logs from then. Thanks for the heads up but guessing it might have been due to your lack of post count then. Just a swag.

1 Like

it happens to me too, and i should have plenty of posts. can’t post three in a row.

I knew I wasn’t crazy! Ha ha (Well…)