Hornets own 2022 Free Agents

Huh? What are you talking about? I thought I answered your question?

Don’t know what the tone it is you’re referring to. I think you may be misreading.

I don’t know if he had this in mind but there are better ways to say that you have a difference of opinion than calling people homers or saying they have boners for players, as if there is no legitimate contrary opinion to yours.

I don’t really care (it’s the internet), but it’s clearly disrespectful.

Man… I really wouldn’t mind just bringing back Kemba to back Lamelo at this point. We need a good locker room guy like him. before the miles stuff… I didn’t really want to bring him back. But now I’m depressed and it may make me happy to see him finish out his career in Charlotte.

2 Likes

Same. Also think it would be good to have a presence like that around. Maybe just knee-jerk given situation but feel the same way.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much what dnb said. I was legitimately interested to hear your take on GP vs Cody. Wasn’t looking for a fight, just a discussion. Can you not see how characterizing anyone who offers a different assessment of a player than yours as being a homer or having a boner for said player, might be a bit insulting and unnecessary? It’s natural to want to defend your position when it’s challenged. We all do that. I just think there are ways to do it respectfully.

I get desperation to sign post Miles and #13 giveaway. But we paid and are locked into 4/32 million for an average player. And average because career first 29 games…28 min, 50% 3p, 9 pts.

This being said, if gets closer to career couple months a good deal for us. Will be playing a lot of minutes and provide return in minutes/$ for Clifford.

In year 3-4, when cap 140/175 and minimums doubled, % cap a lot lower, especially if we get a new owner paying over cap.

Not going to be excited over seeing Cody play 30 minutes a game, but for this summer guess a home run for us.

Steph Curry led the league in steals in 2016. Never heard anyone refer to him as a great or lockdown defender. In fact opponents target him on offense. He deserves a little more credit than he gets for defense perhaps but steals alone have never been the measure of a great defender. GP is a good player but he’s benefitted greatly from the team and scheme he’s been under. You say the guys around Cody are awful on defense, well the guys around GP are pretty damn good on defense which helps make him look better. I’ll take Cody’s size, age and hustle over him for less money easily.

4 Likes

I think signing a 2nd round pick to a good contract because he’s worked hard, improved his game every season and is a good dude on the roster is very important for the Hornets. It sends out the right message and ensures we continue to build a positive culture. That’s more valuable to me than bringing in a player who might just be a teeny, tiny bit better.

I’ll be as ruthless as hell with the likes of Mason & Oubre, because they’re rentals, but not with Cody or McDaniels.

The Scotty and Bryce 2-way show now.

Have you watched gp2? I don’t want to assume you haven’t but it doesn’t like sound like people here have.

Damn. I always really liked what i saw from AK and felt he had a ton of poyential to be one of those steal draft and stash guys. He always looked good in SL against NBA talent as well… then we finally get him over here last season and I forgot he was even here because JB didnt play him and/or he wasnt with the active 15. Oh well…

I’ve watched him and as I said he’s a good player. But playing with the Warriors might’ve caused him to be a little overvalued. I’m skeptical he could bring us much more than Cody can produce plus Cody’s younger and has more room to grow.