Report site issues here

Hey all, if you see any site issues, post them here and I’ll try address when able.

Hey, not an issue as such but on mobile the text and buttons are quite big. Is it possible to make them smaller?

Definitely Buzzau. Which form factor are you using? I ask so I can look at something that approximates it to get a feel.

I reduced the general font size on mobile by a couple of points but not sure if that has an impact. Can go smaller for sure but don’t want to make it micro fonts if that’s not affected m affecting where in the ui you are looking.

@Eastley Is there a way to direct message individual forum users?

Yes, click on the user and this dialog should appear for you.

A couple things I’ve noticed:

1. Twitter links don’t seem to show a preview anymore
  2. Whenever I quote someone’s full post, then my post auto edits to delete the quote entirely, so that you can’t see what I’m replying to. If I’m just quoting part of a post, then it does show up in my reply.

The first one, I’m not sure on but think it started recently. It’s on Twitter’s end, nothing we changed here. The second one is to reduce disk use (I think), it’s the Truncate setting in Posts. It’s been on/enabled since inception. You think we need to disable it?

I think so. I guess maybe truncation is good if someone is trying to quote a super long 1000 word essay, so I’d understand that.

But sometimes if the post is just a couple sentences or a paragraph, I just simply sweep across and select the whole post for convenience, but then when it disappears, I think its harder to see specifically what post someone is responding too if it disappears off the page.

Maybe take it off for a trial to see if it does eat up too much space, or if theres a way to set truncation at a certain number of words.

Easy fix is just remove a trailing period. But I can remove it for a week and see.