2023-24 Hornets General Discussion Thread

Relocation would be dumb as hell. All their problems are of their own doing. It would be one thing like the first version of the Hornets where we had 10k for 2nd round playoff games. Lol

This is a Top 15 market in the NBA if we won with any modicum of consistency. Which makes this even worse.

No I meant when Jordan decided to sell. If it wasn’t for the arena contract not letting them move (basically) I could see the league allowing any billionaire that wanted to pay too dollar move it wherever

I organized my Hornet collection over the years. Here is a link to the video on Facebook. Hope you can see it.

1 Like

I feel your pain, I’m a Dolphins fan since the late 80’s and coupled that with being a Hornets fan we haven’t had a lot to cheer about in a long long time

Top 10 when winning

2 Likes

This is a fact.

1 Like

RIP to the Logo. He was a hell of a player, sounds like he was a really good person, and seemingly an incredible exec.

2 Likes

Ok, derrick white is worth the risk of a huge money deal. He guards the best backcourt player and can easily be the main ball handler and offense initiater. And he is a dead eye shooter.

2 Likes

Yeah, you see what I see now too! I would take Jrue or White here in a second, the bball IQ exhibited by them makes it so much easier on Brown and Tatum.

Bertans is perfect salary relief from their looming tax burden. Maybe throw in a Micic or Richards for big depth.

1 Like

Agreed. I was high on white when he was in San Antonio. I thought Boston got a steal.

1 Like

Hornets basketball is back on July 6th! Who’s ready for that Summer League baby, the only championship we really have a shot at:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/charlotte-hornets/article288796185.html

3 Likes

I strangely get more hype for SL than season openers

If the draft is unwrapping your presents, SL is taking them out of the box and playing with them.

2 Likes

Yes, but… it’s also such low stakes but your team is playing. So there’s that

I’d say there should be a very real debate about his value on the court. He doesn’t tend to contribute to winning games. I would be most happy if we helped in a S&T sending him elsewhere.

3 Likes

Yeah, I read that first sentence and audibly said “ehhhh”

1 Like