22-23 Hornets General Discussion

Great news. Great deal.

6 Likes

Excellent news! We are set at the 5 for many years. Now letā€™s replace PJ with Wemby at the 4, get a new coach and owner and we are ready to become a threat in the east

2 Likes

5 mil per year for a C2 that will only get better is a good deal. Happy for NR too.

1 Like

Yep, I was very excited to see this. Very reasonable terms. Mark and Nick will make a great tandem for the next several years. Still canā€™t get over how much Nick has developed. He looked absolutely awful as a rookie. This organization has had numerous missteps, but one thing that can be said is that weā€™ve been nailing 2nd round picks for the most part these past several years.

2 Likes

We got a major discount for Nic at that price . You canā€™t hardly sign a back up center that cheap.

This is the first time in a long time that Charlotte basketball is not over cap committed to the center position

2 Likes

Not just that, but the last two contracts we have negotiated are really good value! Whoā€™d have thought that would be the case? Please donā€™t blow it, Mitch by signing all of Miles, PJ & Oubre to overpriced deals.

Two second round picks, signed to good value extensions, who look to have a future with the franchise. Who needs lottery picks, when we can have multiple seconds!

Iā€™m having a great time, I hope this helps everyone here too.

On the tickets part, I am with you. Iā€™m going to the thing on Saturday to invest in two lower level seats for next season as long as it makes money sense for me. Iā€™ve always been an upper level guy, but trying to sell those is a waste of time in Charlotte.

PMā€™d you regarding relocation event.

1 Like

Really? I think I made money this year w/ my uppers. I am front row however if that has an impact.

1 Like

Iā€™m front row as well but itā€™s still hard to sell them. I have handicap seating and they are still hard to get rid of. But the price for lower level seats has to be expensive for me being an hour and a half away not being able to make all of the games.

Man you all sure get excited for a guy like Nick Richards. Kudos though. Thatā€™s why youā€™re here.

2 Likes

Keetch, Nick Richards might be our one match, but we can make an explosion.

This is our fight song.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely a big difference. Lol

So, donā€™t misconstrue what Iā€™m about to say. Melo is our best player and we unquestionably play better with him on the court. He is our future.

However, one thing that struck me last night was everyone was much more engaged than they typically are and the sum exceeded the value of the parts. One thing I donā€™t like about Melo, is even though heā€™s an all-world passer and creator, it can turn into the Melo show, particularly with his pull up 3s. (Those 3s are great when they go down, but momentum breaking when they donā€™t. Saw the Mavs version of that last night with Luka.) Iā€™m wondering if we need to better balance getting everyone involved rather than play largely pick and roll basketball with Melo. I think thatā€™s part of the reason Oubre and PJ have played so well the last few weeks, outside of obviously needing to step up for the scoring vacuum.

We clearly have capable players. Need to find a way to keep them involved so they stay tuned in and activated on both ends of the court.

4 Likes

I think as long as Melo takes ā€œgoodā€ 3s, Iā€™m fine with it. Contested, early in the shot clock 3s, seem forced and more Iā€™m the star. In the natural flow of the offense, a good look, let it fly.

1 Like

I see what youā€™re saying, but with all the injuries, the season was just too disjointed to really make a conclusion. When youā€™re coming back from injury, youā€™re just trying to get your rhythm back, and it was definitely a team wide thing with the multiple absences.

Then when its a repetitive injury that gets you in and out of the lineup, sometimes guys play catchup to try to reestablish themselves.

But yes, they for sure need to establish a good rhythm and rapport, and I think weā€™ll start to see more sharing and trust in the future, and less hero ball.

I agree with you as this relates to Melo, but honestly, this is the primary issue I have with modern basketball in general. I get that 3 is worth more than 2, but the 3-point chuck-fest that many games at every level of basketball have become can be frustrating to watch at times. I really do hope that the game will evolve to the point where thereā€™s a little more balance offensively and teams donā€™t remain as 3-point dominant as they have been the past 15 years. Post offense is not a crime.

7 Likes

Yes. 100%. I think if guys would just take the open shot, that would be great. I see so many open shots passed on to take a 3. Take what is there. If you make open 2s, defense will have to defend it, and might lead to better looks from 3.

4 Likes