And with the 19th pick, the Charlotte Hornets select

Texas had veteran guys that Smart was featuring - you see where they got him, a new job at Marquette. Lol

1 Like

There isnā€™t a general draft thread anymore so I guess Iā€™ll post it here. I have been trying to follow almost all the press conferences and any info coming from the team about the draft and although Mitch might be a really good GM heā€™s not very forthcoming in interviews IMO.

So, with that in mind I was wondering where is JB? Donā€™t they normally have the coaches in these interviews and player introductions or am I just thinking of the NFL? I just feel like I thought that JB (who to me tends to give better perspective into what they think of a player and how they might be used etc.) would be included and it feels like heā€™s been mighty quiet given all the additions etc. Is it just me that feels that way?

Hey @Icky_Thump feel free to create a thread for off-season press conference reactions. As for the take, I think Mitch is open insofar as he tells you what you know he knows. He just never seems to tip what he knows that we donā€™t.

I mean this is the kind of insight I feel weā€™ve gottenā€¦

Itā€™s all good as long as Mitch does his job as the GM but I honestly am curious where JB is with regards to these player introductions and interviews about them. No one finds it odd that heā€™s not been involved so far?

I meanā€¦ not really. I suspect JB is the type of guy that understands his role and is going to do the best with what heā€™s given. Presumably, the FO understand JBā€™s vision and are trying to get him what he needs.

Agree. Mitch knows what heā€™s doing and it certainly looks as though heā€™s been listening to what JB wants too ā€¦ Bigs with length who can protect the rim, for example.

I think the organisation has people operating within their lanes, with no overbearing egos who need the limelight or to remind people theyā€™re there too. I really like where we are from a FO & coaching point of view.