23 Late first round pick

Who you liking at the end of the first round?

I’m curious if we’ll keep it given the guaranteed money and… well, we’re the Hornets. But assuming we keep the pick, who would be nice with that Denver pick?

How about Jordan Hawkins?

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/nba-draft-jordan-hawkins-emerging-as-immediate-contributor

We could really use someone who is a 3 point sniper at the 2. Is he worth that pick?

1 Like

Has to be a shooter, absolutely

2 Likes

Coach is :100: correct. However, we won’t keep the pick. If we don’t keep 13 last year, we won’t keep 28 or 29 this year.

1 Like

I feel like it’s destined to be swapped for a second, but for conversation’s sake, I’m curious who might be a good selection at that spot.

1 Like

I felt similar early but altering.
We keep both picks in this supposed mega draft…time move on from draft a couple years ago.

JT unguaranteed

Maybe Swap Huskies, Jordan Hawkins & cut Bouknight.

Kai hasn’t done much, but guess keep one of 3.

I’m just mad we even have to discuss this. I’d rather have the 13th pick last years draft. Ha

Considering we have generally had greater success with picks around 30 vs. picks at the back end of the lottery, maybe we’re safer with DEN’s 30th pick this year.

Late picks we looking at Combo forward, even if take forward with first pick. Jalen gone and JT not good. Rough watch forced seeing JT trying to fill all those combo forward minutes, but this is roster we got.

Tari Eason would be great.

UCF F 6’9 210 Hendrick Wilson would be a solid pick to consider before season, but going higher now.

The good news is that it’ll be bloody hard for Mitch to trade for a worse 1st round pick again. The bad news is he’ll likely trade for multiple seconds instead!

I like late the first round as an area to pick up an older, two-way player. Someone who will come in and likely contribute fairly early, as they have experience and tend to be well-rounded and mature/professional. They likely won’t be able to jump out of the gym, and are more team orientated vs. the ‘it’s all about me’ and ‘always someone else’s fault’ lottery Guards that some teams have fallen foul of in recent drafts.

I’d love a 2/3 or 3/4 3&D rotational role player. A Cody or McDaniels type.

Other numbers to monitor - at this point in the season, we don’t have the 30th pick anymore, now down to the 27th pick. If Cleveland can get healthy, maybe we can get to 26!

Such a shame the west sucks so bad this year. Nuggets are #1, but their record in a normal year is of a 4th seed.

OT: If the Clippers drop a spot, they’ll play the Lakers for the play in game, which will be the most entertaining basketball played in decades.

Only if Russell Westbrook can play for both teams during the same game.

1 Like

Much higher

Not sure if he’ll stay in the draft but I think he has great upside. If he willing to draft him at 28.

Quick search projects him to be second round pick. Looks very fluid and skilled. Maybe available at 34 or 39? Intriguing player for sure.

Watched every game of his, he’s a real NBA talent. I just didn’t expect him to jump this year.

So, another fun Hornet fan moment:

If Denver loses tomorrow and Cleveland wins, we get a better late round pick.

Guess who we play tomorrow?

1 Like

So this means we win right? Hornets law.

2 Likes

What do y’all think about Keegan Murray’s twin brother Kris? I was really high on Keegan last year and he had the 2nd best rookie season in the class…

Kris stepped his game up in the absence of his brother this year averaging similar stats but he’s not getting as much hype. 20pts, nearly 8rbs, shot 33% from 3. He’s more of a spot up shooter than Keegan but he can put it on the floor some and supposedly a good defender.

I’ve heard him talked about anywhere from late lottery to 2nd round. If we could get him with the Nuggets pick or perhaps use some 2nd rounders along with the late 1st to trade up a little I’d like to have him. I heard he was the slightly higher rated of the two coming into college. Coming out as a junior he’s a little older and maybe that causes him to drop as he’s looked at as having less potential. But he might be ready to contribute immediately.

1 Like