Back Home vs OKC

We need more Mark Williams

2 Likes

So glad to see him get benched for Mason just now late in the 4th. Yay.

2 Likes

When your rookie center is having an amazing game you should send in the sub-average vet. It’s just logic.

1 Like

Mark was awesome in his time. First time feeling like having an imposing, intimidating big man since Zo. Only been 30 YEARS!

When I saw Plums coming in at 7 minutes, I was curious to see whether this was gonna be just a breather for him like a good coach would give him, or the same old stupid close with your starter group regardless how good anybody else is playing. Cliff, you are allowed to stagger minutes so that you can bring players in and out to stay fresh and effective. Still haven’t learned that in a decade of being a coach.

Anyway, Melo was awesome controlling the game and almost getting a triple double. PJ showing the talent to have a game like this, just wondering if he’ll ever string together 2 or 3 in a row for once.

Still don’t know how Thor passed Kai again for backup PF, he hasn’t done shit in his time, especially compared to what Kai was doing. My dream scenario, which won’t happen this season, is seeing the length of Kai and Mark making everyone second guess themselves in the paint. But would have to take a coach with flexibility and creativity apparently to do something like that.

2 Likes

Clifford said he give Williams extended playing time tonight. He said Richards has done the same thing 3or 4 times this year. And Plumlee is our starter. He said Richards could have played but wanted to give Williams one more game in the rotation. Like he was doing Williams a favor.I really hope he don’t take and bench him again. Or send him back to the G League again. With all that nice hornets win.

Trade plumlee immediately

“Pena starts”
Clifford really is Phillip Seymour Hoffman

4 Likes

Plumlee should not see the floor again in a Hornets uniform. Ever. MK should dictate that. If Clifford still can’t help himself, trade him for a ham sandwich if you have to. The center rotation should be Williams, Richards, and Jones the rest of the year. With that, nice win.

4 Likes

What an incredibly cocky thing to say. Just a total FU to Hornets fans. Sheesh Cliff, really bad look dude. No vision.

3 Likes

I had a similar, though more fanciful, dream. We draft Wembanyama and go BIG … Wemby plays the PF, backed up by Kai, while Williams plays the C, backed up by Richards. Twin, twin towers!

4 Likes

I don’t hate this.

1 Like

I won’t even allow myself to think about that person, who I won’t even name. It’s a classic hornets fan set up for mega disappointment.

I won’t watch his highlights, read articles about him. Nope. Not gonna set myself up.

1 Like

Why Plumlee is the default starter is beyond me. As long as he’s her, Clifford is going to play it him big minutes. Both Richards and Williams have done way more with was less minutes. I just don’t understand the reasoning behind it. Richards and Williams could both be part of the future coach.

3 Likes

I’m gonna go a little step further. Once Big Mark starts shooting 3’s, he can be the stretch 4 with Nick at the 5. Throw in Kai at SF, Wemby can play any position, so we’ll have him at 2.

And of course at PG, the most logical, his fantasies finally realized, to complete the tallest, longest lineup in NBA history…. Maaaaasooooonnnn Plumlee-umlee-umlee

I’d really like to see mark shoot a few threes while he’s on the floor so that we can get a look at his stroke. He’s a decent free throw shooter and has a good shooting foundation to work with. No weird hitches, bad release points, etc.

I’ve spoken at length, but I feel strongly that the new NBA is mostly predicated on a center that can shoot and stretch the floor. Obviously, it’s not the only path to success, but there’s a plethora of benefits to having a center who is a threat from outside.

Even if Mark Williams is a below average three point shooter, I still think that it’s important. The outside shoot from a center increases floor spacing, and draws the opposing bigs out of the paint. And it punishes the big man for not stepping out if Mark can knock down a three here and there.

It also opens so much more in the pick and roll game. Melo would FEAST if he was paired with a center who could shoot

Fixed it for you

2 Likes

Just watched the game and this is why so many people were excited about Williams on draft night. His size and length make him imposing on both ends. Glad he’s been getting some court time but it’s a shame it’s having to come at Richards’ expense. Nick has done absolutely nothing to deserve to get benched. It’s preaching to the choir because there’s pretty much a consensus on the board on this point, but we’ve reached the point of lunacy with this rotational strategy at the C position.

3 Likes

I’m much more okay with Plumlee than just about everyone, but at this point, I definitely think it’s time to start trade offers for him. I get wanting to have some consistency at the position, but Nick and Williams bring enough and more to make up for what’s lost in Plumlee’s game. While it doesn’t hurt to have some depth at the C spot, I’d be happy to get some kind of minor asset and a journeyman bench center to get us through the season.

Don’t get me wrong. I actually think Plumlee has been really good this year. His offense has been surprisingly consistent, he’s solid on the boards and I do think his playmaking ability is an asset. For me, it’s all about the fact that his timeline doesn’t fit our team and we’ve got a 3rd year guy in Nick that we need to fully evaluate so we can make an informed contract decision and a rookie in Williams that needs reps for development. Both have shown enough for us to believe they can hold the fort. Plumlee has played well enough that we ought to be able to get something for him, especially as an expiring, so I agree that we should be entertaining trade offers and certainly hope that we are.

4 Likes

The issue was never that plumlee is incapable. The issue is that plumlee plays at the expense of the cheap younger guys needing developmental minutes AND plumlee helping to win the occasional meaningless game.

2 Likes

Kelly and Plumlee [SHOP}.Two teams on realgm said they looking for a wing today. Charlotte needs to be fielding calls for both players

We all so need to be fielding calls for DSJ, Calderone , Bouknight, Washington, Terry. Kai, Thor

2 Likes