Celtics vs Hornets Game Thread

Depends on which one you going for. Oubre Jr and Carey.

You beat me to it Eastley. Was just about to say one thing that bears mentioning amidst the frenzied atmosphere of yesterday’s game was that we witnessed the most impressive minutes of Richard’s career.

I’ve been a harsh critic previously but I have to give him credit for making a positive impact yesterday. So much so that I wonder in hindsight if it would’ve made sense to give him another shot once it became clear that Boston was going to employ a hack strategy. Those lost possessions with Plumlee at the line were a turning point and Nick looked pretty smooth on his one FT attempt. Not criticizing JB for not throwing Nick into that situation, but I do wonder if Nick instead of Plumlee would’ve given them enough pause to just play straight up D instead of fouling?

1 Like

Without the hackaplumlee, we win that game. I’m just kind of worried that’s going to be a thing as the season goes along…… but we’ll have PJ to put in that spot.

1 Like

I agree. PJ is underappreciated here. He has flaws and one is inconsistency on effort but he is way underrated as a small ball 5.

I have never understood how professional basketball players allow such an elementary thing like free throws to be so lacking in their game. there is zero excuse for any professional basketball player to be worse than a 60-65% free throw shooter.

3 Likes

I think that is the workaround on that issue for the meantime, PJ at the 5 at crunch time. Well at least for teams without Embiid and Jokic like bigs

I hear you, but I also think there’s a lot of skills dudes work on that allow them to get to stay on the court and even get to the free throw line to begin with.

I’ve listened to some podcasts and read some articles about how if guys shot underhanded, they’re be much better. But most won’t because it looks sissy.