Game 36: Fighting Wembys vs. the Passing Lamelos (in San Antonio)

Ball back! Wemby in town! Hornets with an above 50% chance to win? Obvious easy ticket purchase. May be last chance to see Wemby in person before he gets the Curry/Lebron/Giannis ticket spike.

Just glad to feel excitement for a game. Thought I was dead inside, but no, a heartbeat lives (famous last words that may have been spoken too soon).

2 Likes

Thanks for creating the GT.

Haha this thread is one week too early but we will take it haha LAMELO IS BACK

1 Like

Changed the title to avoid too much confusion

1 Like

Oops, my bad, thanks. But get your tickets now before the news of Ball’s return increases prices by 100%! Tonight the winning streak starts!

With or without ankle braces? If without, what’s the over/under on the next sprain.

They need to borrow Miles’ ankle monitors to make sure they know if he’s taking the braces off.

2 Likes

I laughed way too hard at this. Miles, what an asshole. The guy who can’t even get into Canada.

Oh boy!

Lamelo is back baby!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">INJURY UPDATE: <a href="https://twitter.com/hornets?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@hornets</a> guard LaMelo Ball has been upgraded and will make his return tonight vs SAS. <br><br>Martin, Ntilikina and Washington have been downgraded to out <a href="https://t.co/1Rkb0KU7tr">https://t.co/1Rkb0KU7tr</a></p>&mdash; Charlotte Hornets PR (@HornetsPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/HornetsPR/status/1745964159496319340?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

Looks Devonte hasn’t played since New Years Eve. Always liked him, seems like a good teammate and leader. When his 12mil per year contract is up, wouldn’t mind to have him back as pg3.

If there was an interim guy on the coaching staff I’d support a coaching change, to get railroaded in back to back games is concerning.

I think Corbin is the lead assistant, but his last head coaching experience was in 2015. Maybe it doesn’t matter, I guess he could be good enough to drag us through the rest of the season. Lol

Just do what the Hawks did last year and fire the top 3 or 4 guys and bring in Budenholzer or someone midseason

1 Like

Not only did we get railroaded but we did so against a team with a worse record than us. This season is over but maybe a coaching change would see our guys more motivated and they put up a fight most of the time. There is no excuse for this kind of showing more often than not!

2 Likes

I don’t understand why we continue to have serious conversations about a franchise that isn’t serious.

2 Likes
Originally sent in Game 36: Hornets at Spurs
Mich_Mercer

A flagrant for that? Seriously?

spectre

Yeah Brandon got the same thing a few games back

”reckless closeout “

it has to b new I’d never heard of it

I know it’s ugly so far but its so good seeing Melo on the court

100 3
Mich_Mercer

Can’t wait to get Mark back. I’m bracing myself for Lamelo getting hurt again, just as we start winning games.

GoBobcats24

Nick Smith still banned from the first quarter. We put in LEAKY BLACK before him lol

+1 2
powellrmp

I’m beyond frustrated

Wow that step through and scoop by Melo was noice

spectre

Just thinking the same thing. He needs some of Ish minutes

not like we need outside shooting lol

powellrmp

I’m wearing my "It's Miller Time!" jersey! The same one they’re wearing tonight

+1 1
spectre

There he is

powellrmp

I really like em. It’s a pretty legit Chinese knockoff jersey! Can’t argue with a $20 jersey

Lol nic

dude the refs are killing this game

im not trying to be an overly critical smartass, but this has been a doozy by the officials

meloFan

This gotta be a flagrant no doubt, right?

spectre

Damn

powellrmp

thanks JT. Really need to see him knock more of those down

Fuck man

spectre

Just can’t win

powellrmp

mannnn cmon

GoBobcats24

That was a VERY dirty foul by johnson

powellrmp

god. Why man? Why god?

GoBobcats24

Thats at least a flagrant 1

meloFan

Gotta be Flag2, to the head and everything

powellrmp

like why does basketball god/gods/Satan hate us

spectre

If stepping into a 3 pt shot is flagrant then that sure as hell is

meloFan

BMiller Concussion Protocol I am assuming

powellrmp

with the way the refs have been tonight watch them just call it a normal foul

UGHHHH MANNNN

his back. Lower back

he was lying down and getting worked out. Gotta be his back. This could be bad

spectre

Well if its his back thats season ending with our medical staff

GoBobcats24

FUCK KELDON JOHNSON

powellrmp

yeah that’s such an unnecessary foul

GoBobcats24

Thats a flagrant 2 in todays NBA

Fucking bullshit

meloFan

F1 is so bullshit

spectre

flagrant 1

meloFan

I swear, San Antonio fans leave their brains at home

powellrmp

Well when I was calling for NSJ, this wasn’t what I had in mind

GoBobcats24

Our team is so soft. We have to go out and teach Keldon Johnson to never do that shit again. I want to see his ass get decked

spectre

Low back contusion doubtful to come back

tnhornetsfan

Just unbelievable

meloFan

Don't like how we play, no organization

LA Fitness Style

TheDorkLord

I need a lot more beer

Icky_Thump

We deserve better than this guys… pretty depressing

GoBobcats24

I am so deflated

Only thing that will make me feel better is to see Keldon Johnson laid TF out on a drive to the rim

This last 2 years of Hornets basketball has been so damn unhealthy to witness

meloFan

27 point deficit to Spurs is in fact deflating

This game should be a sign on the door to fire the coaching + FO effective immediately

GoBobcats24

Nick Richards is one of the most unaware defensive players I have ever witnessed in my life

meloFan

E M B A R R A S S I N G

Mich_Mercer

I was coming here to right the same thing. So embarrassing. Just end the season now.

powellrmp

I think I’m going to tune out for a while everyone. Wake me when Cliff is fired and we have a new GM.

spectre

Don’t do that misery loves company!

cltblkhscoach

Miller got hurt? This is insane

spectre

Besides it won’t be long til Melo is back to his outstanding play ya don’t want to miss that

Chef

Fine ham biscuit gentlemen.

Fi_e Eve_ryone

+1 1
laughing 1
spectre

We should start a drinking game take a shot every time Miles pulls a low bbiq move

Chef

I am standing on the fact that I said bet the under easily. I may be crusty and jaded but after 20 years I at least have the temperature of the team

meloFan

So we would get drunk by minute 5?

That might make the games more watchable tbh

100 1
Chef

Can't do that spec, my son wakes up before 7 and I have to coach basketball at 11a

laughing 1
meloFan

100 pts to Spurs in 3qrts

Chef

Seriously, what is the percentage chance cliff is fired ? Mitch?

meloFan

Fired in the middle of the season? 0%

100 1
Chef

That speaks volumes melofan

spectre

Better be 100%. Even if it was an investment buy it’d be dumb as hell to keep these idiots

meloFan

Fired at the end, then botched negotiations with multiple coaches and managers, to bring back James Borrego, high likelihood

spectre

but ya obviously now after this season

tnhornetsfan

Get Lamelo out!

Chef

This franchise is a joke

spectre

Down 36 lol

meloFan

At least Portland lost by 62 yesterday to shade our shame

Chef

These coaches, do and players are glad I am not the boss

spectre

Agreed with TN they need to pull Melo

GoBobcats24

Need to foul to get Lamelo out of this game

And we did lol

Chef

That's coaches, fo and players

meloFan

Get Ish out too man. Put Bouk in

Nobody gives a damn if Bouk gets injured.

GoBobcats24

This has got to be the lowpoint of the season. Made the Spurs look like they had Manu , Timmy, Tony and Kawhi out there

meloFan

Shameful

Look in the bright side guys, we could be Pistons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoeQCIOspL0

Chef

Bro, we are the Pistons

spectre

Ha but that’s exactly like something we’d do!

GoBobcats24

And heres the shot clock violation to end the game. Out of "respect" for a team beating us by 36

Chef

Clifford needs to give the nick nolte I quit speech from blue chips

Yeah Chef. I think The Athletic basically said the same thing recently in an article. I’ll see if I can find it

3 Likes

We won’t be a serious franchise until we stop being reactive and start being proactive. And i fear we can’t be proactive because there’s not a shared vision for this team. Maybe plotnall have one, but we sure don’t know about it.

3 Likes

I mean, they told us they were going to be deliberate in their process, so they haven’t lied. It’s just painful that we’re going through it with the same dudes who keep getting hurt and never realizing their potential as a group.

I hate it for us season ticket holders, it’s a rough life out here.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you all do it, year after year after year …

Respect to you coach! i threw in the towel after the 17 season. Only been back once since

1 Like