Hornets Head Coaching search (2022)

Why’s that?

I think they did. With that being said, it was like most other ideas they have… not based on reality.

2 Likes

Bunch of draft prospects coming in today and we don’t have a coaching staff.

1 Like

The boss is busy

Same. I was tempted to put Ham ahead because of youth, but MDA’s already proven he can win and maximize star potential.

"Ham was a finalist for the Hornets’ opening and was scheduled to meet with Charlotte this Tuesday before agreeing on a four-year deal with the Lakers, sources said.

At this juncture, former Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni and Golden State assistant Kenny Atkinson are widely believed to be the final names under serious consideration to replace James Borrego. No candidate has met with Charlotte principal governor Michael Jordan, sources said, believed to be the final step in the Hornets’ search process. That round of interviews could begin as early as this week after Jordan returns from an out of market vacation."

People are freaking out about this but we most likely had this schedule for the 3 of them to meet MJ and Lakers sweetened their deal to get Ham before that took place.

Lots of people out there saying MJ “not taking the search seriously” lol.

I would say we are in fine shape with either of our finalists.

I don’t think the concern is, or at least should be, fear of missing out on the head coach hire. There’s only one chair left. But the longer we put off a decision, the harder it will be for a new HC to pull in assistants out of those that are on the move.

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone is freaking out about the coaching status.

Could Hornets be waiting for the Snyder situation to be resolved?

1 Like

I was just going to post this article.

This is the hornets next coach

4 Likes

yeah, you do wonder if they’ve been waiting for snyder.

Theoretically, if Snyder does become available, who do you want between MDA and Synder?

My biggest concern with MDA is his age. So, I would prefer Snyder. Would prefer not to do another coach search in a few years. Of course, if you hire an assistant that could essentially be coach in waiting, that might be ok. Even though I can’t think of a time that has worked out well.

That Snyder stuff is interesting. I know the coach K stuff played an angle in all of it. Article says that Snyder has not considered any of the openings this offseason.

Personally, Snyder.

Practically, whomever melo wants

Melo wanted Mark Jackson apparently, however, I only saw one person saying that so not sure how true it was.

If it is Snyder, will be interesting to see if there’s some kind of Gobert move. I don’t know anything about the Utah dynamics other than tension between Gobert and Mitchell, so I don’t know if Snyder would even want that. But I would guess he has a lot of trust in him as a premium defensive anchor.

If Snyder does opt out of UTA, wouldn’t it be fun if they brought in Clifford to coach Mitchell?

1 Like

If Snyder does leave Utah he is my #1 #1a choice . All the other coaches in the running I felt is no better than JB

If Snyder leaves UTA he’s likely sitting out a year. And think about it, if he does leave, the bigger issue might be the new shiny coaching position that we will be in competition.