Hornets v Cavs: All Saints’ Day Edition - The Thread

Tough one for sure

Outplayed tonight

Tough road trip coming up, need to try and get the W Wednesday

2 Likes

Really wish Rozier would have taken that easy layup. What was he thinking. Frustrating losing games like this. Let’s me know that we are still the Hornets and they will disappoint me a lot.

1 Like

Hornets can’t keep digging themselves into these holes.

JB saw it coming in the first quarter. He called 2 or 3 early timeouts to snap them out of it but they didn’t respond.

Terry is supposed to be the leader but he’s still relatively young. Damn Gordon needs to earn his money on nights like this.

3 Likes

He should have, disappointing.

2 Likes

He’s the one I am most frustrated watching tonight. Not back 100% explains a lot but we need him back if he’s going to play meaningful minutes. The number of times he gets in the lane, has a shot but turns it down or just coughs it up in a scrum is painful.

Terry’s early slop was frustrating but understandable as his 2nd game back but as a big $$ guy now, he can’t keep that up.

1 Like

If Hayward had COVID, it’s probably the COVID fog/fatigue. The fog is real. It’s been a year for me and not sure I’m over it yet. Maybe I’m just old and fat. Anyway, it could take awhile.

On the whole I think Hayward has earned his money this year. We have 4 guys capable of playing at an all-star level so we don’t need him to be vintage Hayward every night. Each of those guys has had their off nights and he was definitely off last night. But if he’s recovering from Covid (which I didn’t realize he had) he’s actually played better than I’d expect.

Our lack of focus to start games is frustrating though. The turnovers, the inability to corral loose balls, our tendency to give up offensive boards, we’ve got to clean that up. If we are to be that multi-round playoff caliber team we can’t repeatedly have those lapses. Just a sobering reminder that we aren’t quite there yet. But we have the talent that makes me believe we can get there.

2 Likes

Yeah, little bit of both for me on that too. I recall Tatum saying he had to start using an inhaler last year so I get the impact. But I do see him at a lesser % effective this year likely for this reason.