New Poster and a loyal fan

Hi All, I have been a quiet follower of the planet for many years. My wife and I have had season tickets since day 1 in 1988. I figure we have seen well over a 1000 games in person. I am always the optimistic homer. I figure this is the year and it never pans out. This is the first year I have been pessimistic. That is until the Bucks game. I have started my optimism again last night. Here is my plan. I want to see 2 or 3 more games like this game this season. We will then get a top 4 pick. The last time we won the lottery was in 1991 and we picked LJ. Since there are 30 teams in the league we should get the number 1 pick every 30 years. So the timing is right. We take Victor. We then sign Bridges and get him cheap. That gives us extra money to offer the maximum contract to Ball, who will see the future and sign. Jordan has never paid the luxury tax since he has owned the Hornets. We are one of only two teams who have done this. He said he would compete for the titled so now is the time. Next season we will start the twin towers Victor and Williams. Also start Ball, Rozier and Bridges. Kelly will hit his stride and get 6th man of the year. We get 50 wins and win our first play-off series since the team returned. The following season we will pick up a couple of good free agents and win 60 games and lose in the conference finals. The following year (25-26) we will win 65 games and the NBA title. I know this is optimistic but help me root this scenario on. I am sure this plan will take a little fine tuning and luck. Feel free to make suggestions and corrections to this plan. I now plan on posting on a regular basis.

7 Likes

It’s as good as any other. Glad you’re posting.

2 Likes

Welcome to the board and look foward to your post.

1 Like

Welcome to pain.

3 Likes

Welcome Jack. Life long Hornets fan and a fairly new season ticket holder here that’s hoping like you for that one day our loyalty will be rewarded. Hopefully it will happen on our home floor so we can bask in the confetti.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the kind welcome. I was even pleased with Sunday’s game. We put together a few nice hot streaks with 10 to nothing runs or better. We have to stop having comprable runs the other way. Keep making slow progress get luck in the lottery, things will look better next year. It is at least my hope.

2 Likes

Welcome HornetJack, thanks for jumping in. I see you’re either numb to the pain or delirious, so Hornet’s Law won’t catch you by surprise. And don’t worry about the grouchy guys here, they just want someone to hold them and tell them everything is gonna be alright.

1 Like

Probably all of the above. Thanks for the welcome.