Pacers vs Hornets Game Thread

I know I had a friend who went to the game and it took him forever to get in the door. That could have been part of the problem.

1 Like

Great come back win and Ball and Gordon made huge all star big plays on offense. but man what a defensive turnaround. Gave up freaking 75 points in first half, 47 in 2nd half…may not have the defensive stars but that effort was intense.
Playing at high Pace with that ‘scramble’ defense team really excelled and a fun watch.
Hayward carried and we did make plays needed to at end…overall half court offense & defense not good and Pacers burned us here. Rozier return help offense, but JB half court defense always seems to need work…ball pressure and communication lacking, just a lack of…energy right word?

Oubre at guard is not a good thing…not a good shooter or passer or dribbler. will Make some plays on defense and rebound. But Teams only played him 7% at guard before last year, GS tried a lot to play there and just does not fit. Not ideal and get Terry back will not have to see Oubre and Cody for 48 minutes at SG. Hope Bouknight be ready soon to be primary backup SG.

Ish gave good minutes, a solid vet, still really fast.
Plumlee first half so ugly…think i actually yelled put in Kai, Nick, Carey, sign Biz anybody else. Showed up for a competent 2nd. But Kai get big boy pants on we need ready asap.

Coach like team look lost in first half before things turned…and great call playing mobile PJ vs Sabonis for that last shot. but really should be? Hope Plum change things with a really low bar last year…PJ was not just best center on offense but best defender.

29 assists, 8 turnovers

1 Like

The odds were right on this one

Went to the game last night and here are a couple of keys I seen.

Oubre Jr is not a shooter. He made a couple shots but defense is going to be where he hangs his hat here until he’s traded.

Plum is serviceable but he needs to be the backup center instead of the starter.

We are to small up front. Sabonis was killing us.

Myles Turner shouldn’t be on the Pacers for long he barely played in the 4th.

Wondered why we didn’t play Bouknight and Kai to a lesser degree last night.

PJ must really be in the dog house or on his way out the door. Miles right now is the better player right now but he’s not a 4 in this league. Only small ball 4, even though PJ only has him by an inch or so but he has a longer reach.

Gordo was someone I was thinking we would trade for help but he really came on in the second half.

1 Like

What do we have to do to get him? PJ + a first?

Random thoughts.

With the lack of Terry availability, it was surprising not to see some run out of Bouk.

Ish is competent and good enough. And that’s good enough.

People throwing around the idea of trading Gordon this summer…I did not and will never understand that sentiment. He can do so many things well and can make so many kinds of shots. It’s really fun to watch him take over and step up in the way that he does. It’s a quiet confidence when he get’s “in the zone”. Watching athletes when they’re “in the zone” is really special. It’s a unique experience to feel that calm and for things to seemingly slow down around you. I’m rambling here, but it’s one of those difficult things to explain to people.

Plumlee and Oubre are moreless going to be who we thought they were. I’m more hopeful for Plumdog more so than Oubre. I hope Oubre shoots less. The poor shooting streak to start his GSW career was astounding. Plumlee will be better (I think…)

I still don’t know which Martin we kept (half joking). If you told me a year ago that I’d be content with seeing a Martin play a solid, well rounded 20 minutes a night…well, I would not have believed it. BUT HERE WE ARE, 2021 WHAT A YEAR FOLKS!

I’m still in the minority of not wanting to see Miles get 80-100 million dollars. It makes me cringe thinking about shelling out around 20 million per year to Miles. Love him and his energy, but man.

PJ Washington. His time may be coming to a close in Charlotte. He needs to get his head right because he seemed to have lost focus last year and has taken steps backwards. Not even stagnant, just outright going in the wrong direction. I wish him the best, and I hope he gets things sorted out-but I doubt it will be in a Hornets uniform. I would not be surprised to see him moved because he definitely won’t be signed or extended. Shipping him off or not signing him combined with not spending $$$ on Miles would allow this team to sign the high quality big man that will allow them to take the next step. Just my two cents…

1 Like

I can concur. The lower bowl was half full the entire first half. And what bothered me the most is the crowd cheered and was loud during the good guys’ free throws. I literally had to yell to others to hush during PJ’s free throws to win the game. C’mon Charlotte…

1 Like

The lines were super slow. I’d attribute it to the place being full capacity for the first time in a almost two years.

1 Like

Pacers frontcourt size worthless Myles 20 feet away shooting moon balls vs 6’6 Miles.

Yes, Plumdog backup at best in perfect world. Sabonis is a stud, but Plumlee same size as Sabonis but play smaller and pushed around in first half, gave up 20 points in 10 minutes . Did better in 2nd half holding to 11…and was part of 24-0 3rd quarter lineup.

With Both teams short handed…Carlisle played Sabonis 39 minutes and Brogdon 40 minutes vs JB playing Plumlee 32 & Ball 29

Gordo right now or after Nov 5th Oubre Jr and Richards.

1 Like

So you want to trade the guy that significantly carried us for a guy they would not play? That’s not normally a good way to construct a deal.

Turner looked real bad to me . Not much better than Prumdog. They can keep him. But i want to see this play out for a while

who are they wanting to trade for?

I wouldn’t waste PJ for Turner right now . I think he is over hyped

1 Like

Official attendance though says 15500+. Kinda weird since spectrum center seems full in the 2nd half based on what I saw on TV