Terry Rozier traded to Heat

Terry Rozier has been traded to the Heat for a 2027 first round pick and Lyle Lowry. Happy for Terry. They have their next D Wade.

I feel we didn’t get enough. That first rounder is going to be a late one. Not to thrilled on this.

1 Like

I’d liked to of got a young player like Jovic too. I’m sure Lowry will be a buyout

2 Likes

That’s fine. Terry turns 30 this year and Charlotte badly needs a soft reset. Getting a future first and clearing up some cap space this summer for better-fitting players (pending any further moves built around Hayward and Lowry’s expirings) makes sense.

4 Likes

Pick is Lotto protected in 2027 and unprotected in 2028. We gave the guy away. Oh well on to the next

4 Likes

Feels like a complete favor for the Heat. As if they needed it. And Terry I guess… 2027 pick does nothing to help us get better anytime soon.

agreed, would have at least like to have got a prospect like Jovic.

1 Like

Evidently Lowry has been acting up on the Heat, recently missed a team flight out of Toronto and skipped a pregame shootaround. So thats great too

Oh good. I’m sure he will refuse to play for us. Just gets better.

Is it possible that we took a lesser offer to send him to Miami as a show of appreciation for his time in CLT?

1 Like

Ooof. Looks like another L trade that favors the heat heavily. Sure it frees up cap space but the hornets have never been known for getting top free agents to come here. Ehh idk

2 Likes

I do know he has to be ecstatic about playing in real meaningful games for a great franchise. And even more ecstatic to not be paying state income taxes. Dude just got a big pay raise.

1 Like

Win for Terry, win for the Heat, L for the Hornets.

As expected. At least we got a first I guess. And now we get to trade Lowry and take on a bad contract for multiple 2nds. Mitch salivating at the thought

3 Likes

I really don’t think Mitch has a say in crafting the future. I get the feeling these are orders.

It was a joke but I get where you are coming from. One has to wonder what we could have gotten for Terry this time last year.

1 Like

Ugh

A PROTECTED 2027 first. And we are going to try and trade Lowry too. Lol congrats to the Heat

1 Like

In case y’all don’t know. Lowry’s game has fallen off a cliff

1 Like

He does compliment the often injured aspect of our team building well however. If he’s not injured now, he’s likely to pull something getting off the plane.

It does free up some $$ for us this summer which of course we will overpay someone else with

This is good. I love terry but at least the organization realizes they need to create a better more balanced roster around melo and miller.

2 Likes

I predict he plays less than 60 minutes in Charlotte