Terry Rozier traded to Heat

2027… what does that do for us winning anytime soon. I guess like @spectre said try to accumulate picks to use in a trade. But if we only got a 2027 for Terry what else can we use to get another 1st.

Charlotte has $50 mil expiring this year between Hayward and Lowry. Not that they are going to land a huge free agent, history tells us the opposite, but it does allow for a roster construction reset. And as you mentioned gives ammo for trades.

I am definitely rooting for miami. perfect team for Terry. I usually despise miami, especially post big 3, but this miami team is a grinding, work hard, blue collar type. very 90’s team.

1 Like

We’ve dug such a hole by not acquiring picks by itself the 2027 doesn’t do a lot. I love that it’s 2027 though because it gives us more time to add to it.

Is there any high salary team who’s floundering and willing to give up an asset for Hayward? I was hoping some combination with richards and the suns but almost all their big salary is tied up in their major players

1 Like

I don’t think the Nets go there, but if they wanted to dump Simmons, Charlotte has another big expiring, and one that likely never suits up for them. If1 FRP could get it done, maybe the Nets think about it.

Posted this in the other thread. Was on RGM trade board

While he’s great when he’s in a him-first team relationship, he’s a cancer when he’s not. Ask Ish about Houston when Aaron Brooks got a little shine over Lowry, or when he walked off the bench in both TOR or HOU when he didn’t get what he wanted when playing poorly. I’m not a Lowry fan.

2 Likes

I saw that. Not sure I would want to saddle the team with Simmons for all of that space. He doesn’t seem to want to play basketball.

Supposedly we’re looking to flip Lowry

I did expect a little more than that. I know Herro and Jaime were off the table, but hoping for Jokic, or even getting Duncan’s shooting in here would’ve been great.

Getting a 1st rounder and cap space for serious vets are good. If Melo and Miller are the stars, then the money isn’t to acquire a star, its to get the great complimentary pieces. Someone like a Cam Johnson, or Bruce Brown this past year. Maybe we can have a legit offer for Tobias Harris, or Buddy Hield, or Derozan, serious professionals with legit skills that fit our foundation better.

Dinwiddie, Fultz, Tyus Jones, and KCP are some lower tier guys thatI think could fit in helping the culture and compliment us too.

Lowry will have some value. PG’s are still a need for playoff contenders, if someone gets hurt, they’ll want a vet like him. Don’t know if it can reach late 1st rounder status, but maybe a buried young player, or out of favor vet.

1 Like

Me neither. Never have been. He is talented and effective but he is starting five stank attitude team.

I could see the lakers wanting lowry if they strike out on others.

1 Like

Any fa we could target? We should have a crap ton of space now

Probably not, but it does give a ton of flexibility to responsibly design a better fitting roster.

1 Like

Pair up miles to that trade and I’m one contented guy that will passively root for Miami this post season to do well, since we’ll be out of it by March

2 Likes

oh gosh. someone on realgm put this in the ether. mitch uses the $50m for zach lavine. i don’t even want to think about that disaster.

Gonna be a contrarian here and say, I don’t hate this trade. We need a soft reset and this will get Terry’s money off our books. I’m not sure there was a huge market for Terry

3 Likes

I’m of the opinion, that we need to take a major gamble and move forward with the idea that LaMelo, Miller and Mark Williams are our core. Then make smart win now moves to build around them this deadline/offseason.

I feel like if we want to build a team around LaMelo we can’t wait much longer. So if we believe LaMelo and "It's Miller Time!" and Mark can be the cornerstones to a team which can make deep playoff runs. We need to use our cap space, a likely top 8 pick this year and our other assets to make major moves around this core.

5 Likes

Agree, would love to See Markinen. Maybe Bridges + Bouk + 2 Firsts

1 Like

Now that we have made the decision to roster tank, it is inevitable that we will do what we did last year to make our positioning around getting the #1 pick worse lol.

I love Miller, but still pissed that we won all of the games we won down the stretch of the season last year. That was idiotic.

I think this trade also speaks to @Founding_Hornet post about cliff being gone.

Also, I wonder if we have enough assets now to enter the Dejounte Murray sweepstakes? I have been thinking about the upside of a Lamelo/Murray backcourt ever since the 2021 ASG. Haha.

Lamelo, Murray, Miller, ??, Mark is definitely a strong young core