The 2019 Hornets vs Celtics

This team is cooked boys

Lottery time

Ive moved on from PJ at this point. This doesn’t seem like just a second season slump to me. This cat looks totally lost on the floor. I’d prefer to trade him around draft time for anything of value at all, but that’ll be very difficult given how down his stock is. More less, I accept he’ll most likely still be on the team next year.

I hate being so down on the guy, but it is what it is. I want him to succeed, but this ain’t it.

I’m still on the belief that we’ll barely hang on to the 9th/10th spot. If we made noise with all the guys back then great. If we lose and get relegated to the lottery then its okay too. Win-win either way I guess

1 Like

I am not ready to abandon and get rid PJ yet
season did start in sophomore slump
17 games lamelo start
47 FG/50 3p/89 ft 5.5 rb
Last 8
32/23/50 7pts 7.5 rb

Needs improve def and reb, expect reb post Melo bump cause Melo out. If demand playmaker, will disappoint, as with miles at this career stage. Pj by far most affect by lamelo injury.

Last years team coming to resemble last year finish 9 1/2 seed seed. Team should make 10 at least. Better seed not out of reach with lots of needs…
Devonte & miles continue post all star surge, rozier slumping = last year get more this year mojo back, grown up monk back

Bigs need to be better somehow. Pj get out of post injury blues to at least a sophmore slump, zeller get healthy, bis not being even worse bis, rookies, jaden look like last year end of season & not this years lost boy

Most rest roster w/o high expectations, just don’t hurt us too bad please.
Oh except there is that new Wanny wild card.

Calling PJ’s season a “sophomore slump” is very kind. A “sophomore catastrophe” is more accurate. I don’t think he could win a pillow fight right now.

Yeah, he’s had a few good games, a few decent showings, and one exceptional game. I really want PJ to turn it around and I’m not tryin to completely trash the guy-but objectively speak, his season thus far has been a worst case scenario disaster in terms of player development.

PJ’S glaring deficiencies this season: defense, EFFORT, and offensive/defensive awareness, are new.

Last year he showed effort and promise, this year, he is getting torched, everyone in the league knows if you attack him downhill it is layup city, and he won’t foul hard, so he gets co Stanly attacked in sped up halfcourt and transition.

My main problem with him this season has been a lack of consistent effort. He has an air about him of the “well I made it” mentality. I am worried that he is focused more on off-court than on-court at this point.

Bridges has outplayed him this season on an almost nightly basis.

I am of the opinion that PJ is shipped out this offseason. He is showing telltale signs of a very low ceiling (not due to skill but mental).

I have seen many players with this type of mentality, and it very rarely ends up with them “finding themsleves”.

Let’s be real, if we all didn’t see his potential, we wouldn’t even be criticizing him this year, but as Eric Collins so gracefully puts it, PJ “spit the bed” this year. He had all of the stars align to provide him with a breakout year, but instead showed that he is not only incapable of being a small stretch 5, but he isn’t capable of defending 4s either consistently.

If he cleans up his defensive intensity and effort this offseason, I am all for going in on an extension with him.

Also PJ, if you read Hornets Planet, know that we love you to death, and want the best for you. We just need you to understand that YOU HAVE NOT DONE SHIT IN THE NBA YET! Get hungry and prove yourself!

1 Like

Edit. left out clutch PJ production which greatly outperform pedestrians +1.6 and huge PER drop off from last year 12.4 to 12.3 (w/o ball & clutch minutes)

Current team leader and among nba leaders in clutch production per 100, 159 off rat & 98 def rating…+61. With all injuries, his & others drop off. Still a long way to go b4 replace with a Martin or other.

Needs a monkish grow up, just don’t wait til last contract year. More miles, 13.1 fall to 12.1 back to 13 with post all star surge, & with strong finish we are going to see career high 15+!