The Epic 2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Cam Reddish

Cam Reddish

Iā€™m good with that. But are the Knicks.

Can we just trade Bouknight for Malik please. Bring Malik home. Still miss him. Haha

But Mason is the guy I want home. Heā€™s players the whole first quarter tonightā€¦ Clifford canā€™t help himself using him so much. Heā€™s got to go!

1 Like

I agree with this. I generally think teams like us tend to take it on the chin in trades, which is why Iā€™m not generally in favor of most trade scenarios. But I completely agree that now is the ideal time to lock Jalen into a modest deal with the expectation that he will quickly outperform it.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe that Mitch would get hose in a trade (minus the stupid one he made on draft day). If itā€™s not a great deal for us, he doesnā€™t do it. Which is why he doesnā€™t do anything. I just want him to do somethingā€¦

Tyler Herro needs to be our targetā€¦ Someone who can play off LaMeloā€¦ Then target a 3&D Small Forwardā€¦

I like Hero all so isn;t he locked down to a long contract? Kuzma if Miles donā€™t come back might be a decent pick up all so. A lot depends on our draft pick.

What do yā€™all think of the Warriors trade proposed by Bobby Marks as one heā€™d like to see happen according to Plowright on Twitter?

Wiseman and Moody to Charlotte for PJ, McDaniels and Plumlee.

I know Wiseman has struggled and has been in and out of the rotation but I havenā€™t watched them enough to know how bad itā€™s been. Havenā€™t kept up with moody either but I know a lot were high on him over Bouk.

Those guys are all potential free agents for us and McDaniels is the only one Iā€™d feel bad about losing and thatā€™s only IF we were gonna get him signed on the cheap. PJ wants more than I think we should pay. I can see how it makes some ā€œwin nowā€ sense for the Warriors.

No. Williams is the center until he shows he isnā€™t. Or else why draft him.

1 Like

Marks is acting like Jalen is a throw in. The Dallas one is a no go, even without Jalen included. With Golden State, if we can get Kuminga instead, then its more intriguing.

2 Likes

Yeah Jalen is one I wouldnā€™t trade. Cost controlled and re-uppable for reserve level money. Heā€™s a reserve right now. If he hits his upside heā€™s a deal

1st Williams is way better than Wiseman , and we have Richards . Itā€™s no need for Wiseman at all.Moody is ok but only averages around 6 points a game. McDaniels is better than either player in my openion.
They would be sending out around 11ppg and we would be sending out around 38 ppg.
NO THANKS

2 Likes

Iā€™m not inclined to trade away any of the young guys currently in the rotation plus Kai and Nick. Anyone that can legally rent a car however should be tradeable plus Bouk.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldnā€™t even mention/consider the Dallas trade. Not sure Iā€™d do the warriors deal but I find it intriguing.

Jalen seems to be drawing a lot of trade interest. Iā€™m curious if resigning him will come as cheap as some think. There will likely be competition for his services. Heā€™s had an opportunity to play significant minutes this year and has continued to show flashes but he hasnā€™t been anywhere close to consistent or broken out on a Bridges level given a similar opportunity. His increased time hasnā€™t contributed to winning and heā€™s part of this roster everyone considers so talentless. I certainly value him but it takes something to get something.

Wiseman wouldnā€™t have to replace Mark. If we were gonna have Duren and Williams why not Wiseman and Williams. This is essentially his first year healthy enough to play and it just seems thereā€™s still a ton of upside with the #2 pick two years removed. He fits on the timeline with Melo. I honestly donā€™t think the warriors would give up on him for this package but it would give them a better shot at winning in the short term.

Plumlee, obviously doesnā€™t fit the timeline. we donā€™t even want him and this allows us to get something for him. This also forces us to play nothing but young Cs with huge upside.

The Dallas trade is so bad itā€™s almost laughable.

The GSW trade has me intrigued, because I liked Moody coming out, and he is the profile of player we should be looking at to pair with LaMelo in the backcourt. However, that trade seems very skewed value wise. Moody hasnā€™t proved himself a viable rotation player yet, and Wiseman is still ā€˜justā€™ potential. Take Jalen out, and Iā€™d likely do it. If he has to be included, then we need picks coming back our way to balance the value.

Yeah, neither one of those trade scenarios does much for me, but you do bring up an interesting point about Jalenā€™s price tag. My thinking has always been that heā€™d be cheaper to keep than PJ, and relatively cheap in general. But youā€™re correct that his market does seem to be heating up which concerns me a bit. Iā€™d be willing to do something in the 9mil-ish range with the hopes that heā€™ll get to that next level most of us think he can reach. But Iā€™d be less enthused about something in the 12mil+ range for fear that he plateaus and never gets beyond being a quality rotation guy with an occasional big game. Funny how just a few million dollars can totally change how you look at a guy.

But regardless, thatā€™s nowhere close to equal value in that trade. Weā€™d be giving up three solid rotational/fringe starter guys for two unknown projects. And while Wiseman does still have some intrigue, it would cost us a lot less to just re-sign Richards, who I like better at this point anyway.

1 Like

Hello Terry!

1 Like

Shit hello Gordon. Lol

3 Likes

Right.

If he were healthy he would be perfect on that roster