The Epic 2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Maybe we can sell them on the Panthers/49’ers McCaffrey thing… Gordon will definitely suddenly be healthy once he’s traded out of Charlotte guys!

2 Likes

I feel like Mcdaniels will cost around 8m a year, is that something you guys really want?

I feel like 8 million a year is not out of the ballpark for a key rotation player with more up side. But would like to get him for 6 or 7 million per year . It kills us he isn’t a RFA someone miight offer three million per year and he might take it just to get out of Charlotte.

2 Likes

Agree feel Jalen around 8 million.
2 years from cap explode, players & agents remember 2016
Feel Swing forward Jalen get as much as Cody to stay, 4/32. Especially w/ forward picks & problems…similar path for a reason Mitch having to pay Cody because Bouknight & other.

This trade works on the trade checker…

If you don’t stop suggesting ways for this team to get better this year and win meaningless games and not win the lottery…

1 Like

I felt an immediate yay/boo moment reading those two tweets. Lol

If they want to resign PJ, that indicates Miles is probably done here in my opinion.

1 Like

That’s fine if miles is done. Pj should be also

Hope it’s just posturing coming into the trade deadline. Especially to take focus from Jalen and shift it into pj.

Hopefully, last night’s ridiculousness of a win was to show that Gordon can still play and was not playing because he doesn’t want to play for this trainwreck of a framchise. And to show that Rozier is clutch and absolutely can win you games when it matters most in the playoffs and PJ is worth the Tyrus Thomas trade deadline deal.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was encouraged to see Hayward back in action. It would be great if we could build his value up enough these next couple of weeks that some playoff team would be desperate enough to take a flyer on him. Hopefully he can get back to regular minutes soon and have a few impressive outings.

Regardless of what is said… we had contract talks with Miles. They are at an impasse as we wanted him to play for substantially less than his prior mkt value.

5 Likes

I don’t see any team paying him what he was going to get before all this. I would think he would get a prove it contract, the length of his probation, at a considerably lower price. Maybe with incentives for production and good behavior. If the NBA allows that.

For sure man. Of course, I don’t know details, but his people were looking for something significantly more than what he is worth without “for cause” clauses.

I think you have told me this before, where in Tennessee do you live? I am in Nashville.

Tri-Cities area. About 1 hour and a half east of Knoxville.

That’s right. Not just down the street, haha

Is sushi blues restaurant still in Johnson City? Best sushi I have ever had.

Of your ever in Nashvegas, let me know. We live here now and are usually between here, Charlotte and Miami.

1 Like

I wonder what impact it will have for teams in the draft when choosing between two prospects … one being signed to Clutch, vz one who isn’t? They do their job for their client, can’t hate on them for that, but it’s almost a statement of a ‘money first’ priority by a player to sign when they sign with them. Just leaves a bad taste … for me at least.

I don’t think they’re still open. Not a sushi fan myself. It’s been a few years since we’ve been to Nashville. Really like downtown.

FoundingHornet, can you give us an insight on anything brewing before the trade deadling? Are they willing to give up Rozier?