The Epic 2023 Trade Deadline Thread

What does this say about PJs value/trade value. Same draft, few picks apart, similar stats.

Have zero idea. Same stuff… “we are very active” crap with most likely nothing happening.

That the Hornets should get what they can whether that be packaging him with someone like gordon to make him more palatable or get a couple 2nds for him

Would you guys like Gary Trent Jr if we traded away Rozier? Bigger 2 guard 6’5" good defender and also a shooter with range.

Oooh piece of candy!

A lot of activity but no trades. It will be a typical year with nothing happening or just something minor

2 Likes

They have to know the ship is broken at the bow.

Move Terry to either the blazers or suns for a low first or a couple 2nds

Plum to Celtics or a handful of other contenders for a first

Oubre if possible

Pj to a desperate team like the Lakers for a handful of 2nds

Hayward for a similar contract to a worse player and a 1st

2 Likes

But what do you get back from the Suns or Portland for Terry?

I sure hope you are correct, but I have my doubts based on history.

2 Likes

honestly, i don’t care.
phoenix: crowder, cam payne and filler or crowder and saric
portland: jerami grant or josh hart and nasir little

bring in a third team to pass on crowder, saric, hart or little. as long as the hornets get picks and are worse off this year.

1 Like

Bismack round 3

We need to be smart about how we trade . My self i dont want to take back any bad salery.
We have Plumlee , Oubre . Batum , And could even have PJ and Miles money all off the books. So we don’t need to get stuck with a bad contract. If it benefits us we do it but if not we just let the books clear. Lot of teams looking to move a few million to save on the tax should be desperate to make a trade . I say even Hayward can be moved for a lot of multi year contracts. Terry has tons of positive value . I could see him in a bigger deal . But i can’t see us trading much going after that number one draft pick.

2 Likes

Hopefully this is one of those “if you know that I know that you know” princess bride things

1 Like

Pain continues…

1 Like

We’re about to get rid of some contracts and then sign PJ to a big contract. I can feel it

Thoughts on this .
OUT ,Terry to Suns IN J Crowder and Cam Johnson , Suns seam to be interested in Terry and want to move Crowders expiring contract. thoughts.

No cam Johnson. Lesser player or worse contract + pick

At 6.9 Cam would fit nicely beside Ball. and shoots a 40% clip behind the arc. Most of the money comes off the books this year because of Crowder.

Cam would be awesome on this team…in a few months. He’d probably cause us to win too much this year with all his shot making and stuff.

4 Likes