What are you reading?

A recent book I read that I can not recommend highly enough is Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann. True crime, horrific story of the murder of dozens of Osage Indians in the 1920s. Just appalling but a great read. I highly recommend

Strange as it might sound: “Plato: Five Dialogues: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Meno, Phaedo” - chugging through Euthyphro presently. (for a Philosophy Book Club)

1 Like

Right on. Now I’m reading The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
by Timothy Keller

1 Like

I’m reading the Three Body Problem.

It is science fiction that was originally written in Chinese and then translated to English… It has excellent reviews and is highly recommended, but with 100 pages left in the book, it still hasn’t really grabbed me.

Any sci-fi recommendations?

1 Like

I liked the Expanse series, at least books 1 & 2, 3 gets weak. That’s Leviathan Wakes, Caliban’s War, Abaddon’s Gate respectively. The first is really incredible (from my POV) on conveying the difficulties of space travel, space life, economies, politics that will exist in getting from our current tech capabilities to the Star Trek type.

1 Like

Reading “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee” by Dee Brown. I did not know he was an Arkansan.

Atlas Shrugged
God’s Not Dead
And
Insperience

1 Like

Great book! Have read it, try God’s not Dead…

1 Like

The same translator for Three Body Problem compiled a set of short stories called Invisible Planets. I really enjoyed it.

Also, if you don’t want Three Body Problem and want sell or trade a book, I’m game.

this thread brings to mind the progressive commercial. “who else reads books about submarines?” “my dad” “uh, huh”. best commercials on tv right now.

i am starting “the screwtape letters” by cs lewis

Had to read that for college. Fantastic book

1 Like

Been reading a lot of political books lately

The Divine Conspiracy - Dallas Willard