What are you watching 2020s?

We’ve had one of these threads in the previous incarnation over the past few years, so lets keep it going.

If anyone misses Mr. Robot, this series scratches that itch better than anything else that I’ve run across.
Your inner nerd will thank you.

We watched all of Picard and Discovery last month (or basically concurrent with the last few weeks of Picard). Really liked them both.

Otherwise enjoyed The Taco Chronicles on Netflix a good bit. I am slogging through Altered Carbon season 2 but I haven’t been able to watch it as consistently.

I am very interested in this if it scratches the same Mr. Robot itch.

Been playing Asphalt 9 on my iPhone; reading The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow and finished binge Brew Brothers on Netflix. Watching Corner Gas and finished Making the Cut on Prime with the wife.

Highly recommend “Blown Away” on Netflix - reality show for glass blowers.

And finished 1st season of the “The Durrells in Corfu” on Prime. Surprisingly well done.

Yeah I need to go outside more.

1 Like

Great call Keetch. The wife, son, and I are digging Blown Away.

The chosen

Free if you download the app

1 Like

Lots of golf
And now Yellowstone

Me and kids: Nat Geo Antarctica series, Malcolm in the Middle

Wife and me: Hamilton

Me: Halt and Catch Fire S3-4 catch up, a few minutes of F1 but fell asleep (Haas starts as disappointing as they wrapped last year)

1 Like

Absentia on Amazon Prime Video

Rewatch of 12 Monkeys. Just got the complete series on blu-ray.

Need to take advantage of the last remaining days of off-season :slight_smile:

11yo and me: Star Trek Discovery, Mandalorian
5yo and me: Elena of Avalor (the series), the Jungle Book (2016 movie)
Wife and me: Schitts Creek (completed), Kim’s Convenience
Everyone 11yo and older: The Right Stuff (Nat Geo), the IT Crowd

Recommend all of them. So beyond “thankful” we - as a home - are done with Paw Patrol and PJ Masks.

We just finished jurassic park camp Cretaceous on netflix with the whole fam kids 10/8/5. It was really good.

I’ve watched so much stuff the last few months. Currently watching Suits

The Crown on Netflix

Longmire, Blacklist, House of Cards. All very good.

We started The Flight Attendant last night and that’s a mind****. Digging it but it’s clearly an adults only variant.

Chef, I’m not even a faith oriented guy and I really dig The Chosen. Treats the original disciples as actual human beings with actual problems. I especially like what they did with Matthew and Nicodemus. Highest quality bible based entertainment I’ve ever seen. Won’t offend the vast majority of evangelicals and I think a lot of non-christians could enjoy it. Dallas Jenkins has done a great job.

The Chosen’s YouTube channel has the global livestream videos of the season 1 episodes, with necessary built in subtitles. They do nicely.

Episode 6 was my favorite and Episode 3 was kind of just short filler.

1 Like

Which app? Can I stream on my TV?

Addendum: figured it out! Rediscover App on Roku has it.

Thanks Chef!

1 Like

Excellent synopsis picksetter. It is really really good and follows the gospels very accurately.

Non Christians should find it good tv too

2 Likes

Been on a serious parks and rec binge