2020-2021 Season

It’s possible they renew Fox Sinclair sometime I guess, but for now they haven’t.

So then how are they going to be televised?

Espn or tnt should buy the whole league and show every local game.

Or a streaming company should buy all the regional contracts and allow everyone to buy 1 team with no regional blackouts.

Can’t wait to see our guys on the court again!

1 Like

Is that an RTP specific question? I didn’t think that the Fox RSN stuff was in question for Spectrum or the satellites in the Charlotte area. Is it?

I have no clue. You are my “sources”

I think the cable companies are still showing the Fox RSN’s. All streaming plans except AT&T TV are not. AT&T Live is new and pretty expensive, basically as much or more than cable.

I read online that Dish has dropped them. Haven’t heard about Direct TV.

I can drop Hulu and go to AT&T, or back to Spectrum or Direct TV. But then my cost would double. Not happening.

Hoping this gets resolved before the season starts.

I was planning to finally ditch Spectrum earlier in the year for either Youtube LIve or Hulu Live. Glad I was slow… I guess I’m sticking with Spectrum for now… ugh

Hulu article

Westbrook and 2 2nds for Batum. Who says no?

I believe you’d take your cap availability to 5m, quash your ability to extend Graham or Monk, if you chose to, and then force your own hands to have to find a big in the draft or on a trade deal. Giving away multiple 2nds might make that all the tougher. It’s also 131m over three years so the joy of a clean cap sheet come next year is gone.

He’s also not going to improve your development game at all, that’s a win now move for a team that is all about win next. I bet a good number says no.

And, are you sure he’s going to slide in here happy-like when we’re a non playoff team to start?

Feels like what we’d think was a bad Cho move more than what we’ve been applauding of late. I’ll pass.

I should add, I am strongly in favor of extending both Monk and Graham. Not sure the feasibility of both but that’s my hill.

Oh yeah I had the 2nds coming from Houston. But yeah good points. They would have to include Rozier for future $$ reasons in order to extend Devonte and potentially Monk. I am committed to both in my mind as well!

Now if you give up Batum and Rozier for Westbrook, if would still allow us to have future flex, although not as much. And it would give us a guy that leaves everything on the floor. Scary part would be 47 mil at 34, BUT thats a major expiring that could be moved, although is it too big to be moved?

Any time you get an all NBA guy for peanuts it has to be considered. Adding Westbrook plus the 3rd and 32nd, let’s just say I don’t believe the Hornets would immediately not consider this from an on the court perspective. 34 is considered by many to be the last year of prime, so you could still get almost his relative best, and Westbrook has shown that he plays better as the #1 option.

Sry I love Westbrook, and while you are right that it would hurt our flexibility, what is the purpose of flexibility? To go out and build a team that can compete. Our CURRENT flexibility puts us in a situation where we could potentially be a player in something like this where in the past we weren’t even on the radar. I like the fact that we can even discuss this

I am just as afraid of mediocrity as everyone else, but I can’t imagine another circumstance outside of draft luck which would allow this team to add a player of his caliber, all while keeping young assets and future picks. I just wonder what Houston would counter with. I mean relieving them of 90+ million in contract $ with the Batum part would be the best offer that I imagine they would get right now

Sounds like we had a convo with Houston but wanted picks for Russ

4 Likes

Interested in how current the interest remains and if it was reciprocated.

Count me as someone who would love to go into next year

Devonte
Anthony Edwards
Miles
PJ
Turner

As our starting five

3 Likes

Anyone have a sense of how much we still like Ray Spalding and if we’ll do anything to try keep or match if he’s likely to get an offer? Thought he was a name JB was all giddy about during the mini bubble but might be confusing coach for someone else in the org.