2020-2021 Season

I would say no, we gave him a huge opportunity then when he didn’t capitalize on it he spent the rest of the year complaining about the team then publicly stated he wanted to leave

1 Like

I had thought it’s a foregone conclusion he wants a new zipcode and we had no interest. Is this any more in the clutch than if Batum would pick up his option?

I swear, I don’t know how many times I’ve been tricked into thinking we finally got a 2nd round steal. Derrick UPS Brown was gonna be the next Danny Granger, good size, decent athleticism, thought he could shoot… and no. Jeff Taylor, super athletic could shoot, was looking better than MKG (even had baby pictures in old school hornet’s gear), and yeah…

But Bacon, finally we got one. Was earning starting minutes, could create buckets, was almost given the lead role of the young hornet avengers…and now this.

I believe in Devonte, hope I didn’t jinx him.

Bacon is one of the most disappointing year to year regressions for a guy that many of us thought would be a top 2 player for us of anyone I have ever seen.

I mean what the hell happened?

He tried to go from playing a bit role to being the man and didn’t have the NBA talent for it.

1 Like

Am I alone in hoping we are talking with Christian Wood and seeing if he’d do a 4y 50m trip back to the QC?

I would like to have not let him go in the first place

1 Like

Per The Athletic on the play-in tourney

I think Christian peaked last year, and I would be worried about committing that type of money to him long term, but it really depends on what we do on the draft/Westbrook front.

I would rather wait a year and see who trickles down to us from next years stacked FA class

Interesting times:
Terry Rozier
Devonte’ Graham
Grant Riller
Malik Monk
LaMelo Ball
Cody Martin
Caleb Martin
Nicolas Batum
Jalen McDaniels
Miles Bridges
PJ Washington
Cody Zeller
Vernon Carey Jr.
Nick Richards

Does anyone outgoing (Biz, Willy, Bacon) get retained on the cheap? I thought I heard that Spalding was someone we might keep around.

I do wonder if the steal of the draft ends up being Riller. At least he’s one I am extremely excited about. This feels like the kind of pick that BOS or SAS makes and that makes me super happy.

Is there a vet somewhere around the league we can bring in to school our young guys?

It was a great night for us. Still scratching my head at why and how ESPN NEVER interviewed LaMelo. They said it was technical difficulties but thats BS because his Charlotte media interview went on as planned.

I would imagine we have options with Nic’s expiring and potentially pairing that with someone else we find redundant (wouldn’t begin to guess where we think that is atm).

Shame Vince retired feel like he’s the guy Id really like to have around Melo

Trying to see what I’d pare down if I was Mr. Miyagi and this was my bonsai tree

Terry Rozier - definite trade for veteran big
Devonte’ Graham - Starting
Grant Riller - G league, but bring up if he’s killing it
Malik Monk - Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford 6th man role
LaMelo Ball - Eventual starter, but needs time to get strong and learn
Cody Martin - May the best Martin win
Caleb Martin - " "
Nicolas Batum - The great expiring, hopefully snag a guy another team can’t afford
Jalen McDaniels - G league
Miles Bridges - See what the offers are, but hope he can make a leap
PJ Washington - Ready to become the leading scorer
Cody Zeller - Good mentor to young bigs, can always move if space needed
Vernon Carey Jr. - backup big, soak it in
Nick Richards - G league for now

2 Likes

Not sure who that would point to but makes sense.

Joe Harris

As well as Mcdaniels played near the end of last season, I can’t imagine him not being on our 15 man roster and potentially as an active. I think Ball will start with Rozier and Monk as our 6th/7th men but it all depends on Ball’s defensive ability.

1 Like

True, but if they need to give him more playing experience, I’d think they’d send him down vs. angering the Ball gods by putting Melo in Greensboro. But I really did like Jalen’s game. And the Martins too.

Just too guard/wing heavy right now, some moves have to be made to make space for everyone.