22 , 23 fantasy basketball interest

https://www.lineups.com/nba/depth-charts

Is this a go? If worse comes to worse I will commish.

I did manage my team the entire season. I held the 2nd place spot for 90% of the regular season. That guy from the Philippines held the 1st spot for most of the regular season.

2 Likes

I did but everything fell apart in the playoffs lol. Gonna pass though this year, no energy to do fantasy basketball altogether

Yeah I tried but I could not over take you most (if not all) season. I got as close as a 1.5 games back but couldnā€™t keep it going.

Indeed your team fell apart the 1st week of the playoffs! Amazing and a cautionary tale for fantasy.

In the end we both got rolled by a group of yahoos who took over in the playoffs by roster dumping for the sheer volume of game counts per week.

No hard feelings - themā€™s the breaks - to quote Boris Johnson.

Yahoos? Thatā€™s a harsh way to describe competitors.

So how many do we have so far. nc.

Sadly it looks like fantasy wonā€™t happen this year for this board. At best we have 6 who would do it and we need a minimum of 8.

I was really surprised to see HornetPH pass - he managed his team like a champ last year. No risky moves no roster burning - just slow and steady all season long.

Sad indeed.

It is a bummer, I finally had a year I was decent last year and we stop

I meanā€¦ Iā€™ll do it if enough teams are down. Iā€™m probably a yahoo though, so you guys may not want me in it. :wink:

Sorry guys, really no drive for me to do fantasy basketball this year. Maybe driven by the inevitable down year the Hornets will have haha.

I counted 7 interested and the last day before the season is tomorrow. I am going w the assumption that this is dead for this year.

Too bad because it would have been nice to have something to numb the pain we are all in for the next 8 months. As bad as it is for us, the players will have to live the 2022-2023 season. Well at least they can wrap themselves in their millions.

1 Like

Agreed, it would be nice to play. We could go with a roto league for anyone who finds they are morally opposed to too many roster moves :smirk:

We just need one more to have an 8 man league.

I would join could we do an 8 man league?

I think that GBC24 is the eighth person.

Who was the old commish? If the old commish could set the draft then that would be great. The draft would have to be tomorrow because the season starts Tuesday.

If you canā€™t make the draft time then set your draft preferences. Be sure to put Westbrook at the top of your list so that you will have him when he becomes a Hornet this season.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I would do a Roto. Not sure how it would work but would try it.

powellrmp are you the Commish again this year or are you turning it over?

Who is the eight we have . I donā€™t even know what a roto league is but with your help i will try. We could put a limit on picking up new players . Or have a money limit to spend for the season. Either way let me know what to do.

I am part of the 8. A roto league goes like this:
You have 82 games per position to fill. Each of the stat categories are filled as people use up their games. Let say there are 8 categories and 8 teams in the league. The best team in a category gets 8 points and the worst gets 1 point. Whichever team finishes the season with the most category points wins.

The key to winning is to have a balanced team that uses the best 82 games at each position during the year. If you have Gordon Hayward and he is great for 50 games at SF, thatā€™s fine so long as you have a bench SF who is good for those other 32 games. No need to roster churn. No issue with a weekly matchup where you have 36 games and your opponent has 43. No real issue with LeBron sitting out the last week of the real regular season/fantasy playoffs and screwing your team over at the most crucial time. Each game from Oct to April counts the same.

Turning it over. Not playing

Who did you turn it over to and did that person schedule a draft. Details to the board would be helpful and limit confusion.

I thought you were a great manager last year. Thanks for your service!

I donā€™t wanna be commish but definitely am participating