22 , 23 fantasy basketball interest

Former Commissioner, There seems to be adequate interest please communicate with us on what you have planned for transitioning administrative control. Thanks!

Any updates to communicate?

Iā€™m not really sure what to do there. i thought you guys would start another one since I wonā€™t be playing.

Tell me who to switch it to. whatā€™s the email i should be looking for?

Okay. I will do it. (If there are no objections.) My guess is that it is easier to just switch commissioners and keep the same settings and just suspend accounts of people who donā€™t want to play.

You can send to my email address - elibradley@yahoo.com and I will send you my cell number privately. You can decide if that is necessary. You might be able to set the draft, select a new commish and have the new commish suspended your account.

I played under Tyler Handsbourgh last year.

To interested participants, I will post a link for you to join on this thread when I can. If you played last year you will just have to show up for the draft. If you donā€™t want your account activated for this year then let me know. My guess is that the draft would be Thursday or Friday night depending on the preference feedback I get.

This just might work.

I definitely just got an update in my email. So when is the draft supposed to be? It isnā€™t today is it?

I guess Iā€™ll play if we do it. Iā€™m sure it would be fun once it gets going.

To all interested parties - here is the link to join the fantasy basketball league:

If you played last year, then you donā€™t need to use the link.

I plan to keep the vast majority of settings from last year. I did cut the IR spots down to 1 from 3 but to make up for that I added an extra bench spot. If that was a d!ck move then sorry I am just trying to get things going.

I set the draft for THIS Thursday (eastern) at 8. Repeat the draft is set for this Thursday evening at 8pm. Again sorry if that is a pain for you. If you canā€™t make it then rank your player preferences. (I would rank from 80 to 100 dudes to get you through MOST of the roster spots and Yahoo will auto select everyone else for you.) Believe it or not ranking your players works better than you would imagine.

If I remember correctly, a playerā€™s game stats from the first week will auto populate at the end of the draft. So for example if you draft Jordan Clarkson on Thursday, all of his game stats from Tuesday and Wednesday will fill in automatically so the first week of the season is NOT lost.

If you donā€™t want to participate this year let me know your team name and I will remove your team. Sorry there does not appear to be an option to suspend team names. I donā€™t even want to click the link for editing teams unless I absolutely have to. If I find a better way then, I will try to preserve your old team name in suspension for usage next year.

If am missing something, then let me know. I will send everyone in the league my contact information through the yahoo system.

So far I know that hornetsPH and Jrue Vega Mo Bama No 5 are out for this year. If that is wrong then let me know!

By the way, I will be competing under the name James Borrego this year. I competed under under Tyler Hansbrough last year.

1 Like

It looks like i am in thanks so much ,NC
So it looks to me like each team gets 14 picks is that right ? 14 and 1 IR spot

Iā€™ll be there. Thanks for setting it all up man. Looking forward to it. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s just Rottoā€¦ donā€™t play a different team every week?

I feel like there less injured guys to pick up this year for that IR spot. I Zion, Klay and Kawai last yearā€¦ worked out wellā€¦. Not. Ha

Hey guys, the additional IR spot was there last year to accommodate covid players. Donā€™t know if you guys remember, but covid went through the league pretty hard. Guys were out constantly. Itā€™s part of why I got burned out.

1 Like

Remove DockerSwarm please

I will remove DockerSwarm. I asked that those who are not participating this year to please reconsider for next year.

Yes, 14 roster spots and 1 IR spot. 4 of the roster spots are bench players. The starter positions are the same as last year. Added an additional bench spot to make up for removing 2 IR spots.

Great news - if your team is removed for this year you/your team can simply be reactivated next year. No need to reset up anything or start from scratch. That is a personal relief to me knowing that I am not permanently deleting people/teams.

IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE ABOUT JOINING, PLEASE DO BECAUSE WE NEED ONE MORE PLAYER TO GET US BACK TO 8

Thanks for your time and consideration!

if thereā€™s an odd number of teams, it may be best to do a roto format instead of a head to head. I kind of like roto anyways

I will keep an eye on it. I want to wait until tomorrow before taking that drastic level of action. I want to keep everything as familiar as possible with the participants. I am not trying to make waves.

Tonight and maybe tomorrow I will post a plea (if needed) for another person on this board to join if we are at an odd number.

Yahoo does offer a bit of a forced solution for odd number man-to-man leagues. Yahoo will add a bot (yeah thatā€™s right Yahoo Artificial Intelligence software straight from silicon valley to here) to the league to balance things out. I am sure that would cause waves but that is a last ditch option too.

Iā€™m fine doing a roto league. It would allow those that get bored with it, to not mess with it and it wonā€™t hurt the head to head games. Also, if it makes Powell playā€¦ just change it up. Its fine with me.

Not sure if that would go well if I made that change this late. I know of two people who have talked roto and you are one out about 5 others whoā€™s currently playing. I might run the risk of the others leaving.

Things are fragile now.

Whatever is best. I just know if we need that 8th team, that might be the only way weā€™d get it. But either way is cool.

Maybe Iā€™ll finally have a shot with so many people out