22-23 Hornets General Discussion

I don’t know… if you want a team to suck badly enough to have the best chance for not 1 but maybe 2 generational talents, this is how it’s accomplished.

Like to go from fringe almost playoff worthy team, to one of the worst couple teams in the league takes a perfect set of luck and fortune. So thank you basketball jeebus? Couldn’t have dreamed of better circumstances to get here.

3 Likes

I’m ready to find religion here.

I really couldn’t care less about how the national media assesses our situation. Most of these outlets think we ought to be excited to gift Terry and Kelly to the Lakers in exchange for Rust Westbrook and a 1st in 2040 so we can help Lebron win another title. Yeah, no thanks.

2 Likes

Wizards need a PG… Trade Rozier and McDaniels for Barton, Kispert, and Johnny Davis…

Then make a trade for John Collins?

Against better judgement I went to check out Duren’s games/stats this season… :cry:

2 Likes

Typically I would feel similar, but there are a few with some good knowledge. Windhorst was pretty good on WFNZ, and his non-answer to whether or not Jordan may be selling the team stirred up some things for sure.

To be fair he has started 15 games and gets 20 min a game. Had he been drafted by the hornets, he would have zero starts and avg 5 min.

3 Likes

And I’d go further to say, I haven’t been blown away by Duren the handful of times I’ve seen him. He’s athletic and he can rebound, but he’s very raw offensively. I like what I’ve seen from Williams more now that we’ve finally gotten a glimpse of him, and I think MW has a much higher ceiling for improvement. Between the two, I’m glad Mark is the one we kept, but I do wish we’d taken Griffin with the other pick.

4 Likes

Looks to me like Williams just needs playing time.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s too early to tell, but at the moment, I’m pleased we got Williams.

Like Demon said, I do wish we could have gotten a player or a better exchange for the pick.

2 Likes

Going to put this in frunt of you guys. We end up with the number two draft pick what do we do . It isn’t a simple answer. #1 we draft Scoot who is said to be a generational talent. At six rwo another small point who needs the ball to play beside Melo. #2 We can draft another player. #3 We can draft Scoot and trade Melo.# 4 we can move back in the draft say with the Magic and take the %5th and the 9th pick. I don’t think another short point will help us much with Melo. What action do you take.We can draft Scoot and trade Melo for 5th and 9th

I’ve only seen a highlight video of Scoot, so I don’t know how ball dominate he is. I think Melo can play off ball very well, so I think they might be able to coexist. My concern would be about defense. If Scoot is above average, we’re ok. Can’t have 2 below average guards on defense. However, I think Melo can potentially be above average with time and coaching. Just has to commit to it. That said, I draft Scoot and keep Melo, and pick up the pace and become a modern day Showtime.

I just want to see mark williams play, and ship plumlee off to anywhere-Abu Dhabi, Mongolia, the lost city of Atlantis.

After we manage to get mark on the floor, I’d like to see him shoot some threes.

This team and season is a wet fart. The organization needs to clean its pants and trade away the wet farts. But that would require Mitch to put on his “big boy pants” and own up to his failures. However it’s clear that Mitch would rather keep sitting in his poopy wet fart pants.

#analysis

You run to the podium and select Scoot #2. Always pick talent over fit.

But I think it would work great with them anyway. Melo is 6’7, so you can have a smaller second guard. If it was Kemba and Scoot, probably wouldn’t work because of the size, but having a big guard tremendously helps with matchups.

Also, athleticism helps you play bigger than your size. Donovan Mitchell is only 6’1, but because of his explosiveness he seems bigger. Scoot is not only a little bit taller, but somehow is actually more athletic than Mitchell.

Speaking of Mitchell, Garland is also only 6’1, but two 6’1 guys seem to work for the Cavs. Lillard and McCollum were unguardable in Portland. I think having Melo and Scoot would put so much pressure on defense that our offense could overwhelm certain teams, especially if we bring in actual shooters.

If Melo stops reaching, he’s a capable defender. Scoot has the quickness and strength to be a good defender. If we only get #2, I’d almost be as excited as getting Vic, but of course the magical unicorn would still be a dream come true.

4 Likes

It is inexcusable if after the deadline Kelly and Mason are still on the roster. I don’t care if you have to take some money back to pick up 1sts, you do it.

This franchise is the titanic listing with the bow beginning to dip completely below the waterline.

It’s probably too much to ask but PJ, Terry, martin and dsj should also be moved for any asset you can pick up.

2 Likes

Can you trade Kelly be for he is cleared to play by the league?

I would imagine any team can you alive that right?

I thought you had to pass a physical to be traded.

This every day of the week. Talent always fits. And if it doesn’t, you change other things to make it fit. Have to take the best player available, period.

2 Likes

I would be up for trading PJ if signs point to his camp not meeting a lower price than they were asking in the offseason. And he’s shown enough performance at times that I could imagine teams see him as a change of scenery type value.

My hope is that we can retain the services of Jalen; if that’s not the case, then I would not try attach PJ in a deal.

1 Like