7.10.22 Summer League Game

Richards isn’t a known quantity to Clifford though. That’s like coming in and looking at film on players and just assuming they are what they are based on that.

As a head coach if I have a question about a player I want to make that assessment myself, irregardless of who tells me what they think.

1 Like

We posted Kai up like 0 times through two games and would only give Mark williams a post up 20 feet from the basket.

1 Like

Oh wait, I remember he was on the Suns squad when they went to the Finals the season before. My high school teammate is like his uncle or cousin or something.

2 Likes

I get that to a degree. However, it feels like they are prioritizing Nick’s play time for others. At least Clif has tape on Nick in the NBA; he doesn’t have nearly as much on Thor and barely at all for Kai (and only garbage time at that). In the case of Mark, there’s zero. The priority of Nick, especially in OT, over Mark (or even Kai) who the staff (and front office) should see how they sink or swim - where there’s zero real downside - seems off to me. It’s reminiscent of Maxiel getting massive playing time through December over a 3rd year Biz who was starting to figure things out but averaged near-single digit playing minutes if he played at all.

If they park Nick now and we don’t see him play again for games 3 and 4, then that would be exactly as you say - Clifford needed to see him and now done. If this continues, I feel real uneasy what we are in for come [Clif voice]what you need to understand is that Mason is a vet so…[/Clif voice] time in the actual season.

3 Likes

Neat info on Ty Charlotte and Suns. Tyshon looks to grown as playmaker from last year, as Crutcher has regressed. Don’t know if change start, but get starter minutes and Crutcher backup minutes unless bring another guard in.

Coach hate funny…Bouknight and Lewis out and Mitch did not replace end of bench SL scrubs. Could not find anybody sucks and seems an annual Mitch FO summer league problem finding guards.
But do not discount by design, forcing coach start these 3 big to find out in injury emergency and post Miles world how can play on perimeter, results not great. With good wing find Figueroa mess up and downsizing these awkward lineups…expect Mitch may call and demand more than 19 minutes for Kai, easy find and w/o ugly and clunky lineups…no more SL minutes for Nick. Cliff can make decision first person at Hornets camp instead of this summer league Nick mess.

I know it has just been 2 games, but I can’t imagine LJ Figeroa not being on an NBA roster next year. He reminds me of a 6’6" Eric Gordon.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you, the most impressive guys have been the ones we didn’t expect in Tyshon and Figueroa. I hope one of them get the other two way deal.

3 Likes

November Maxiel played more for our first 8 games, 7 Biz DNP. Cliff always gets hate for those games, no one seems to remember Biz played horrible preseason after having a big case of not get extension and paid blues.
Great got things together and finish season part of our regular rotation…as had to play end of roster journeyman 53 other games because of injuries (well behind regulars thank goodness) because Vonleh sucked, really really sucked.

From my memory, aside from one big outlier (double digit block) game by Jason, there was nothing apparent as to why he was getting minutes over Biz.

Cliff so screwed BIZ and LAMB when they both were ready to really contribute and playing their best ball leading into playoffs. He went with less athletic and smaller vets and it cost us the Miami series. Lamb was so ready that year and Cliff kept him on bench in playoffs. Same with Biz for def and rebounding we sorely needed. We would of won that series if they both would of just played 20 min per night. We needed Lamb 3 pt shot and rebounding so bad!

Lol That’s more than me. Don’t remember anything memorable from Max time
Was Just a #5 big minutes filler until Biz got his Biz back those first couple weeks and injuries forced into playing 4% court time…down list of problems from rest of 96% minutes that year.

Also don’t forget Biz hands at one point were among worst in league. MUCH better now although not great

Purple shirt guy cost us the Miami series. And Big Al not being 100 percent along with Batum’s ankle injury back when he gave a fuck.

3 Likes

I’d say Nic gave a damn before Clifford kept switching him around from role to role. Dude was a very good SF. Wasn’t good as a 2 despite Clif’s convictions. Nor was Monk a PG. Nor was Bacon an NBA player. Nor was MCW able to shoot a ball. Nor was Cody a 4. Wow I got some pent up anti-Clif stuff I need to work through :wink:

5 Likes

Damn right he did

1 Like

They would have won if turtle backpack guy hadn’t irritated d Wade :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don’t you dare bring up purple shirt guy. Haha He gives me nightmares.

1 Like

I was one of the last people to leave the arena that night. Lol man I had no voice and I was sad

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll get another chance soon. Maybe…. Before we are all dead,

1 Like

Dwayne bacon. Hornets/magic legend. A Clifford legend.