Any news on Malik Monk?

It’s been very quiet since his suspension.

No news but he posted on social media for the first time since the suspension today, he resposted something from Jeremy Lamb and posted a picture of his dog

I’m hoping that if he was getting any support/help prior to the pandemic shutdown that it’s continuing.

What spcial media channel didnhe post on? I checked his insta and twitter and those weren’t updated.

Nevermind I saw his insta story woops

It’s (possibly the end of) year 3 for Monk. I’m concerned this is turning into another Frank situation, where he’s not really in the team’s future plans but they’re paralyzed by the initial investment of a lottery pick and wind up running out his contact and letting him walk without recouping any value.

I don’t think he’s turning into a Frank situation, before the suspension Monk was averaging 17ppg in his last ten games on good splits, 45% fg, 38% from three. He seemed to be really turning a corner with his play. His defense was also much better this year, I think we should definitely bring him in next year and give him a fair shake. He’s turned 22 years old just before the suspension, he’s young and oozes potential still.

Monk is someone who could either flame out of the league in a few years or be an all star. Hopefully this suspension was a wake up call.

1 Like