Bryce McGowens Thread

I am actually happy that we got him. I will probably whine about wasting 13th pick for a little bit more, but Mitch did a really good job with Bryce. Hopefully he get many minutes (5+ mins every game) this season as a back-up guard.

One of the seconds that we used to mvoe up to get McGowens was acquired in the trade at 13. I agree, Eason, Jalen Williams, Agbaji or someone like that would have been amazing to get along with Mcgowens and Williams, but one has to think that we wouldn’t have moved up for McGowens if we had drafted a wing at 13

1 Like

To me Agbaji looked ready to play now, so yes, I would have Agbaji over McGowens, but I am not mad at the draft anymore given how Bryce is shining thus far.

Brice is way better than Bouknight . In almost every line on the stat sheet. The anouncer even called him a two way player. We need to trade Bouknight for what we can get .

He is literally a 2 way player (contract wise) and I’m not ready to say he is better than bouk yet. Defense is not a strength yet persay

2 Likes

With only 13 players rostered today, they could convert him to a full contract if they want. Not sure they would get but can.

Yes convert Bryce to a full contract and give the two ways to Gelo, Manek and/or some young PG prospect. Giving it to Gelo would be an apology to Melo for how f-ed things got over this summer on top of not making it to the play offs in his first two years.

Melo earned the ROY and became an all star. We need to start rewarding him especially if he doesn’t have the excitement of the play offs each year.

Reading that statement on Miles just makes it harder to ignore the fact that our house is burning.

1 Like

The step back three he has IS pretty dirty. I’m about that life. I like the kid. Certainly has the tools to have some success.

I think this is sensational:

Seems like a fantastic deal to get him for 4 years at under $8M. Dude is at the very least a bench contributor.

8 Likes

This is great. I love his upside.

4/$7.4 is basically a free player no? I am glad to have him.

It’s less than the veteran minimum, which feels pretty great for a hometown guy that has displayed upside. Even if he were to get crowded out at some point, I would think that contract would be very desirable to somebody else. But I’m thinking positive and believing he’s going to be a Hornet for a while.

1 Like

It’s effectively the contract we gave Richards when we drafted him I believe.

Shows flashes & potential, worth 2nd round contract

Need roster spot

1. renounce beater RFA hold status and abusers, take lead in NBA against domestic violence

2. Bouknight…hoping get anything at trade deadline for Swarm backup…but cost, summer of Bouk-Cliff love & all JB fault, guaranteed 4.5 million next year.

Hope get better & reform criminal & mental problems.
And get NBA career someday after take care of personal life & demons.

1. predicted at trade deadline, so least like to happen, Svi cut to open roster spot

Edit: All this meaningless because of :brain: freeze
Paid off Reggie Jackson to open up roster spot