Game 2: Hornets Attempt to Conquer Mount Zion

Reminder

Bouknight NO points two games . Got to love his stars???

Feels like the game is way too fast for him. That last possession of the first quarter where we needed to hold for the last shot he took an unnecessary forced one with 6s left on the clock. Thatā€™s just bad basketball.

Weā€™re playing with fire playing him the amount of minutes we are if moving him is the goal.

Iā€™d be pretty surprised if they trade anyone. Too much work to think that hard. I doubt the hype over next years draft fazes them at all.

1 Like

I think the Hornets have played about as well as they can these first two games. Surprised how small our bigs looked against Jonas and Zion. Well, not surprised. They held their own though.

They kept it close and while waiting for the bottom to fall out I thought for the briefest time that maybe the Pels were out of gas. Nah, they won by 12. Too much talent.

Their ā€œthird setā€ rotation player - D Graham - would have started with us yesterday in Lameloā€™s absence. Of course they have too much talent, and we have too little to go to Playoffs

Pels might be the best defense in the league this year, man they were everywhere.

I was very proud of our fight last night.

We would have lost that game in the first quarter last year

2 Likes

We kind of did lose the game in the first quarter, but I know what you mean. They were awful early playing boneheaded basketball; but managed to get it together after. I expected the blowout to get worse, but it didnā€™t happen.

Still they canā€™t afford to start games like that.

1 Like

The beginning of the game looked everything like ā€œone of those gamesā€ from last year, resulting in a 30 point blowout. But it was awesome to see them fight back, just couldnā€™t quite get over the hump.

Terry seems to get better every year. Heā€™s become a good leader on the team, and is the type of guy a city should rally around rather than trying to ship him off for picks.

Gordon looks like Gordon, which is a really good player. Heā€™s like the Hornets version of CMC, weā€™re always a competitive team when heā€™s healthy, but it all falls apart if he gets hurt. But just like the Panthers, I expect us to entertain a ton of offers at the deadline, we could definitely get a 1st and maybe some change for him.

I really like Dennis Smithā€™s game. The aggressiveness and athleticism at the backup guard can help keep us from second team slumps. The shot looks good, the pesky defense sets a great tone. Could be an underrated steal that the good teams always seem to find.

Jalen looked way more comfortable out there, loved the way he shot without hesitation now. Thatā€™s key for him to become a true rotation player in this league.

Bouk Bouk Bouk. The good games we saw last year, I know he has the ability in him. But at some point, heā€™s gonna run out of chances if he canā€™t produce. All the 0-fers in the preseason, than 2 more to start the season, heā€™ll lose trust with Cliff, especially when Cody comes back, and DSJ and Jalen looking better.

All in all, an entertaining game, and shows we can stick with a really good team while still undermanned. Still donā€™t know which way the season will go, but I like the fight.

4 Likes