Game 35: Kings at Hornets

Originally sent in Game 35: Kings at Hornets
Mich_Mercer

I’m excited to see Monk tonight. Will make me miss him more… it would have been great to have him instead of Bouk.

GoBobcats24

Lol still starting McGowens hahahaha

Eastley

Man does nick ever learn

GoBobcats24

We chose not to use our firsr challenge their. Bench told Clifford he got all ball

Saving them challenges for when they matter, next game

He is at least consistent lol

You hate to use one this early but its 2 pts and a foul on Richards

tnhornetsfan

That Heurter injury was so hornetesque

Eastley

We are so bad in transition d

GoBobcats24

I guess Nick Smith is still banned from the 1st quarter

Eastley

I'd play Bogues over Richards at center right now

GoBobcats24

Richards defense has been seriously exposed this season he lacks an incredible amount of awareness. Thats what makes Mensah look so competent haha

spectre

They have nothing for Miles

Mensah could be in for a hard time trying to guard sabonis

lord

Eastley

Unfortunately miles chuck a thon continues

spectre

Because he isn’t smart enough to stick with his strength of punishing them in the paint

2 3s to end the quarter typical hornets luck right there

GoBobcats24

They must know that Thor can't defend the three he has like 6 3s scored on him already lol

Eastley

I can't figure out of that's Thor or how they are coaching him. It's odd

Transition D is so laughably bad

GoBobcats24

All around defense sucks

Not just transition D

spectre

Hard to watch rn. They may hit 80 for the half

Eastley

True true, but transition d is funny bad

JFoster

The worst part about all these losses is these are clearly just playing around with the hornets. “Playing with your food” as they say. Sabonis doing 1 man fast breaks for no reasin

reason

attempting (and succeeding) to take richards off the dribble

+1 1
Steelmatic

I always loved Keegan Murray.

GoBobcats24

We just gave up a wide open dunk when the Kings were 4 on 5 just to sum up our defensive scheming

Eastley

That halftime game was so much better than watching the Hornets.

Chef

This franchise is a joke. This team hasn't had to be taken remotely seriously since kembas last two years.

Eastley

It will be funny if bouk shoots well in the 2nd half. He just missed like 10 out of 12 3s

GoBobcats24

Wow we actually started Nick Smith Second half

But he isn't allowed to play in the 1st quarter don't worry

I'm telling you I could get by Nick richards

Eastley

I'm pretty convinced miles is the lowest bballiq player on this roster

100 1
GoBobcats24

This is our "lets end the quarter down 30" lineup

Welp down 15 feels like a win

Chef

That is the hornets team motto

Mich_Mercer

If you don’t like this, you don’t like Hornets basketball

I don’t like Hornets basketball

Games like this, I’m glad my college team was playing at the same time. At least its good to know what it feels like to have equal or more talent than the other team, to always be in a game and able to pull it out, or even run away from an opponent every now and then.

Watching the Hornets is like watching Lawrence Welk reruns on PBS. It’s like being stuck in an elevator and listening to 80s classics in the soft jazz Muzak style. It’s like having to eat out of date, freezer burned fettuccine Alfredo. It’s like having to drive a Dodge Caravan with the wood panels on the sides with the smell of spoiled milk ingrained into the fibers from an spill 8 years ago. These are not things I currently enjoy, though no judgment if it is your thing. I prefer things that have a little more spice than boiled chicken breasts and steamed Brussels sprouts.

2 Likes

I will take it even further. It’s like getting a customer service representative that can’t help you either by power of their job or pure know how. It’s like your garage door remote not working. It’s like your parents calling you and leaving a voicemail that says “hey it’s mom, call me back”. It’s like a real tree being on a 75% discount 12/26.

It’s not just that they are unpleasant, they are worthless. I can’t believe the new owners are just doing nothing and letting this continue.

2 Likes

“It was good to come back and kick their ass.” Malik Monk on dropping 20 vs. the Hornets after playing there for the first 4 years of his career

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1745288452399132712

This is BS by Malik, we stood by and supported him while he had to grow up

Probably speaks more about him than us

Malik has developed into a solid role player and I think most of us are happy for him. Unfortunately for him, role players are a dime a dozen in this league and unless you’re a star, no team is going to be willing to put up with excessive unprofessional behavior. He was very replaceable and he was replaced. It sounds like he’s maybe still a bit upset about that.

I don’t think he was as replaceable as some thiught and we gave up on him too early in my opinion. He is going to be a 6th man of the year candidate for a long time.

Nah, he was pretty replaceable. 3 years removed from us, and he’s not that much better than he was with us. (Per is nice and blocks are good, but he’s only averaging 4 more points while playing 5 more minutes.) He needed the professional growth and humility of being moved and becoming a professional. Sacramento is better suited for him to thrive too.

We have lots of guys that can get us 15 points. What we need is a solid group that can consistently play winning basketball, which starts with culture and mentality to be successful. Monk wasn’t going to get us there.

Happy for the dude that’s he’s found a spot that he can thrive in.

Next!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t meaning to take a shot at Monk by calling him replaceable. It’s just a fact that most guys are. And we did immediately replace him with Oubre, who was better. And now we have NSJ who is better than Monk was as a rookie and projects to be just as good, if not better over the long term.

We were in a tough spot with him, and I do wish we’d had a little more time to evaluate him. It’s unfortunate it didn’t work out. Some of that was bad luck with injuries and the Covid seasons, but a lot of that was on him just being immature, getting suspended, etc. I hated to lose him but I understood the decision to move on.