MurderHornet

Go Buzz!

GoBobcats24

Big game tonight lets get a W Mavs are not that good

meloFan

Terry out, Miller Time starting

Starting lineup features 4 goatees. Hayward needs to fit in

QC_Thundercats

How was Terry listed as questionable earlier today? The way he limped off, looked like he tore the muscle clean off.

meloFan

Hopefully he is better than how it looked like last night

tnhornetsfan

We're going to see if Miller can play SG

cltblkhscoach

Oh yeah Grant Williams. Damn it

dnbman

Just over here watching a game finally

cltblkhscoach

First alley oop for Gordon in five years

dnbman

How has Miller looked with the start?

cltblkhscoach

Good on defense

Like he fits

+1 2
dnbman

Had to argue with shot selection (Theo) when they’re dropping.

cltblkhscoach

McGowens moved up the rotation not NSJ

DemonDeaCat

We have to lead the league in illegal screens.

cltblkhscoach

Dante Exum…I swear he was in some old Bobcats convos somewhere lol

+1 1
dnbman

Ball looks like he’s letting things flow a little better tonight

cltblkhscoach

Great first quarter

I don't think Luka scores, Miller was on him a good bit

*scored

+1 1
+1 1
spectre

Just…wow. Didn’t expect to be leading most of the game so far

cltblkhscoach

I knew I wasn't crazy lol

spectre

look it melo play D

cltblkhscoach

They are staying in front in general much better as a team

Ish Smith coming in

+1 1
spectre

PJ master of the paint

dnbman

Baby hook king

And covering 3 line better

DemonDeaCat

Hayward playing like it's 2017 the past 2 nights

+1 1
spectre

He has incentive this year!

Just has to stay healthy

dnbman

Dude

spectre

nuttin but net

dnbman

gh

cltblkhscoach

Mark Williams is special

spectre

yeah he is

challenge this

DemonDeaCat

Yeah, don't understand how that wasn't a shot attempt

dnbman

GH throwing darts out there.

spectre

3rd on mark is about the only negative so far

QC_Thundercats

I don’t remember bill kennedy actively being a bad referee. Have I been wrong? Terrible against Detroit, that call was awful.

+1 1
cltblkhscoach

Nick Richards man wow

This is awesome

heart 2
DemonDeaCat

Mark and Nick both playing extremely well right now

tnhornetsfan

Lamelo with 0/5/10 so far

dnbman

Lots of people playing engaged basketball.

QC_Thundercats

Melo playing like a true point guard tonight. Being patient and setting every one up

+1 3
spectre

Feels great not complaining for a change lol

+1 2
QC_Thundercats

After the panthers game, the city owes us one

cltblkhscoach

Awesome half

GoBobcats24

Lamelo with 11 assists 0 turnovers at halftime. Exactly what you want to see when he can't score.

+1 1
spectre

This must b how playoff teams feel! Proud of these guys. Just gotta keep it up

GoBobcats24

I also hate how we use Miller on offense or how we DON'T use him that is

dnbman

Nick with the blue collar interview. East to root for our two Cs.

+1 1
cltblkhscoach

I agree, he should be used how Gordon is used

dnbman

I’d like to see Miller taking more shots, but if the offense is glowing and dudes are making shots don’t mind that he’s more of a decoy. Think he’ll get his.

cltblkhscoach

3rd quarter has started well too. PJ getting involved more

spectre

Isn’t this the tallest group we’ve had in recent memory?

cltblkhscoach

Yeah feels like it

GoBobcats24

We need to keep a cushion because Luka will be Luka in the 4th

Eastley

Amazing that we have as many goaltending calls as made 3s

spectre

lol

GoBobcats24

Tell me how that call was NOT overturned!!

Eastley

Bill Kennedy

QC_Thundercats

Ok, is he part of the gambling ring? Two straight awful calls with video evidence

GoBobcats24

They all are

QC_Thundercats

Theo gets hit in face, foul on Richard’s?

DemonDeaCat

Yeah those last two calls were pretty bad. Thought for sure the goal tend would get overturned.

Eastley

I'm not a violent guy but stuff like this always makes me think the team should get more aggressive if they are going to foul rather than try get all clean and tidy. You still will get bad calls either way.

How many free fouls to the face does Theo give before they call one? Three for a dollar?

DemonDeaCat

That looked like some late 80s continuation on that one. But Mark couldn't get a FT.

powellrmp

Lol they gave that and one to him haha oookay guys

thats like two seconds of continuation

im late boys

shocked to see us winning

looks like not for long, sorry for tuning in

spectre

Been playing well

tnhornetsfan

I'm all for continuation, but that's ridiculous

heart 1
spectre

eh you had to figure Dallas would make a push. Hopefully we’ll handle it

GoBobcats24

Going to be tough need to stop Luka this quarter and maybe Lamelo can make something

tnhornetsfan

Would like to see Lamelo get in rhythm and gain some confidence. I think his struggles are getting in his head

powellrmp

That was like the 3rd trip down the floor that I saw after I turned on the tv. I was like ooookay guys

spectre

refs got in our heads around the 3 minute mark

DemonDeaCat

Yep. Kinda like the Panthers after the bogus illegal hit across the middle

powellrmp

Nice nic, just let that one go in big dog

Yeah that was legit one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen in a football game

Melo

i see you big dog

So once again

is mark Williams injured? Or what

Or is this just cliff’s “rotations”

Yeah Luka that’s a foul. Sorry pal. What a little biatch

Would be super dope to make a FT

+1 1
cltblkhscoach

Melo cooking now

spectre

Yeah he is

GoBobcats24

PJ is our dumbest player by FAR

At least williams made the damn shot

powellrmp

I wish I could’ve watched the good part of the game

The second I tuned in, an 8 point lead instantly evaporated and we looked like shit

Originally sent in Game 6: Hornets at Mavericks
spectre

I bet you washed the jersey too :woozy_face:

powellrmp

Huh, mark leads the league in FG%

he has nice touch near the rim with good footwork

GoBobcats24

Hayward really pissing me off

powellrmp

Gordon Hayward dude, would love for you to make that corner three cmon man

Eastley

Good to see LaMelo find a way out of his funk

+1 1
cltblkhscoach

Gotta get stops

Eastley

Amazing to look at Mark's upper body and realize he's still going to fill out

My lord LaMelo

DemonDeaCat

Hopefully this is the version we'll see going forward.

powellrmp

Man I’m super frustrated to see us implode the second I tune in

melo dude wow

Eastley

Meaning he's still more teenage than renting cars.

powellrmp

Man, Hayward looks slow

dnbman

GH looked fantastic in first half.

powellrmp

his release has changed too. Higher arc and slower

Eastley

The officiating in this half has been trash

+1 1
powellrmp

he legit looks like Kyle Anderson out there aka slowmo

DemonDeaCat

Seriously?!?!

Mich_Mercer

Freaking of course

Eastley

Clifford, the gift that keeps on leaking out of the bag on my carpet

cltblkhscoach

Flashbacks…

Mich_Mercer

I just texted my friend and said “please don’t call a timeout bc we won’t be able to get the ball in”

powellrmp

Brandon throw the fucking ball in dude

GoBobcats24

Clifford never fails to draw up the most bullshit inbounds plays in the clutch

Mich_Mercer

and of course…. Unbelievable

powellrmp

I can’t believe Cliff had miller throwing the ball in

Mich_Mercer

the exact same was with JB as well… our guys don’t come to the ball. Why even call a timeout.

Eastley

Clifford's ATO inbounds are historically bad

powellrmp

atrocious

tnhornetsfan

SMH

Eastley

So if you can't find the foul, do you get to make up when it occurred wrt the inbounds timing?

Mich_Mercer

And we played better today than the last game I feel. So a lot of build on. But please guard the 3 point line and get help from a recreational bball coach to help draw up an inbounds play

Eastley

Wish we could have just got beaten by a team that played better rather than by Bill Kennedy

powellrmp

Well, I wish I had been able to see the team play well for once. I can’t believe I heard we were up 15

Mich_Mercer

too bad we can’t hit free throws

Eastley

Please score here Hornets so you can read the L2M

Damn, no L2M

Mich_Mercer

also… please draw up something for "It's Miller Time!". They have him just standing in the corner most of the time… and hardly gets the ball.

At least Lamelo got it going tonight. Lets hope that sparks the rest of his season. Hayward obviously had dead legs second half and KILLED us

1 Like

Chances of me winning the lottery > chance the Hornets can get the ball inbounds and get a good shot after a timeout at the end of games.

1 Like

My overriding take from the game, I loved the moment when LaMelo hit his forst 3 and you could just tell he felt it … from then on, he was a joy to watch. Something clicked, and we all hope it signals a return to true LaMelo.

Speaking of true, whenever I see a double-double, or tripple-double, I always take the turnovers away from the assists to see if it was a ‘true’ statline. Nice to see LaMelo still qualified.

Once again, horrible numbers from 3, and also exceptionally poor from the freethrow line, this game at least.

3 Likes

Yep, you could say Indy was won at the FT line but Dal was definitely lost there.

But while many of our wounds were self inflicted, like shooting 57% from the line, or not being able to simply inbound the ball, there were several pivotal calls that also impacted this game. I hate to be that guy that gripes about the refs, but we had a chance in this one and we certainly didn’t get any help from this crew.

1 Like

With how we lost this game, it should be easy to correct. But… Hornets law says we will not ever correct these obvious things.

Anyway, I’m all in again next game…. if Bally Sports lets me watch it.

I think we all were able to have the vision for the first time this year, we can see it now.

That was Superstar Melo. That was max worthy play. The ability to take over a game and be unstoppable for possession after possession. The “I have the ball, I’m gonna get the shot I want, you can’t guard me” feel.

Kitch, you said it, the moment he hit that 3 in the 4th, a new vibe took over. There was this extra burst of energy, a literal pep in his step, an extra gear. His movement was not of overthinking or worry, it was freedom and creativity and full of confidence.

He wasn’t settling for just 3’s, although when you’re on fire like that, he should’ve actually taken all the 3’s. But he was driving with a purpose, knowing he would get to the basket and able to finish.

I wonder if going against Luka kinda upped his game a little, knowing it was gonna be mano a mano to close the game. The biggest difference though was Luka’s role players hit all their open 3s. Our guys… Gordon bricked all his wide open 3s he was set up with, maybe PJ hit 1 out of several. Those go in, we win the game.

The other thing I liked was Melo starting the game with a controlled pace, looking to set up his teammates and not forcing anything. I think Kobe or Lebron said that was their approach, let your teammates shine in the beginning, to get their confidence up, and then at the end, thats when you takeover at the end of the game.

Not a big fan of moral victories, but if they were able to uncover the blueprint for getting our #1 guy going, then I’ll take it.

Oh, and I’m keeping a watchful eye on Bill Kennedy now. Something more fishy is going on than I ever noticed before. The non and-1 for Mark, when he was literally pushed once he was in the air was very suspect. But that goaltend not being overturned, after reviewing 10 minutes of slow mo video with proof, along with his actions in the Detroit game - this doesn’t look like coincidental shittiness.

3 Likes

I did not get how that wasn’t an and 1 at all. He was still in the air getting hit when he shot the shot. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an obvious and 1 before. Make it make sense.

1 Like

Even if his argument was that the foul occurred on the initial shot and the re-gather was a second shot attempt after the play was over, he should’ve at least been at the line for 2. I don’t even agree with that though because all of that happened while Mark was still in the air so it should’ve been continuation, especially given the continuation Hardy was granted later where he literally took two steps after the contact occurred. But to say he wasn’t even in the act of shooting at all, that’s inexcusable,

Kennedy should be fined and suspended for making a call like that. At a minimum we should be able to petition the league to ensure he doesn’t do any more of our games. This is one of the biggest reasons why I don’t think it’s fair that players and coaches aren’t allowed to comment on officiating or that refs don’t have to address the media after games. He should have to stand there post game and give an account to the media like the players and coaches do and explain why he made that call.

Have only watched the first half, but will watch the 4th Q later. I’m very happy the team has stepped up the defensive intensity. The open 3’s problem from 2 games back seems to have been greatly checked.

I’m so sorry but when Terry got hurt…no disrespect; he’s a dawg, but I swear the Team (with a capital T) plays better without him. I was looking forward to this game more than normal, just turned out couldn’t stay awake for all of it lol.

Wondered how long it would take before we saw the first “we’re actually better without Terry” post. No we’re not. We desperately missed his 4th quarter shot making last night. That’s where he shines most and we maybe pull that one out if he plays.

Edit:if you’d watched the 2nd half you’d see what I mean.

RE: Mark’s foul. The foul has to be in a continuous shot motion, so it wouldn’t be an and 1. What was the called result? Ball out of bounds?

They called side out.

Most egregious was not overturning the goaltend call on a clean Richards block after review. It was very fishy

Yeah, engagement is the name of the game. It’s hard to stay locked in if you’re mostly standing around watching. The more involved you are, the more intense you’re going to play on both sides of the ball.

That’s why the Terry question is interesting. He obviously brings great things to the team. But if he goes in hero mode too early, I think it can have an adverse effect on our general flow.

That’s the big challenge for Ball: blend his natural instincts and joyful approach with a more disciplined approach of getting everyone involved. And do it without getting into your head too much. It has to become natural. But last night was definitely a model for what that might look like.

1 Like

But this one was on an alley oop though. Mark caught it in the air and then was pushed. I always assumed once you catch an alley, it’s all considered part of your shot. Don’t know how you’re supposed to determine the precise moment after it hits your hand that it is then converts into a shot.

But besides that, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone fouled on an alleyoop not to be considered a shooting foul. But I also once thought that when someone steps on the 3 point line, then you shouldn’t get 3 points for it (and also thought you could review it inside 2 minutes), but the Hornets are first for a lot of things that go wrong. According to Rule 2.6b(h2)

Rewatching the game this morning, when we got screwed on the goaltending call the game immediately flipped for Dallas. We started getting a lot more foul calls also. It was very strange to say the least.

2 Likes

I tried to be nice, but eff that. We are better without Terry. I’m out.