Games: 76 through 82

Miller with a decent first quarter

1 Like

How did we only get him 10 shots in the first half when he was that hot. And he made all 10! Lol

Lol only the Hornets could have only gotten Miller 2 shots in 14 minutes of court action after going 9/9 in 13 mins

Magic game, end of the third quarter. Did I hear a lineup of Mann/Bridges/Bertans/Poku/Bolden?

That’s wild. But I know orlando will run that killer jumbo lineup of theirs.

Edit: granted , Bertans and Poku are paper people.

Getting Miller 3 shots in the 2nd half was very on brand. But we win and Portland wins so it doesn’t hurt us in the standings.

Would have loved to see Miller get 50 and I think he would have if we didn’t bury him weakside corner for basically the whole 2nd quarter and all of 2nd half. Good to beat them after they punked us last time

I don’t know if Clifford should be stepping down. He proved his defensive genius tonight. He was able to completely shut down Miller in the second half. That was a matter class.

6 Likes

Sure was. He proves time and time again that Miller is succeeding in spite of his coaching and not because of it. How many times has Cliff frozen him out this season? Magic switched their D up but we responded by making it easy on them by hiding him in the weakside corner AGAIN instead of forcing him the rock. Make it make sense.

I didn’t watch much, but my favorite was with 58 secs left, hornets inbounding the ball under their basket up 10, Eric Collins says “all they have to do is inbound the ball and get the victory”. Miles promptly throws it to no one and it goes out of bounds.

My wife and I laughed, they challenged but by then I changed it to the first 48

3 Likes

They shouldn’t make Richards a bobble head, we should make him a bobble hands

Doug Branson in house holding up his baby for the Simbacam? Odd sight

2 Likes

Poku has the best flex after a dunk ever.

2 Likes

So during the game, league office changes a called 2 by OKC to a three. I’m still mad at the Kyle Lowry 2 that was called a three, however long ago that was. Guess they’ve changed the process of looking at that. :rage:

Edit: did it twice?

1 Like

Fun game. Not sure we really need to win but it’s not in me to pull for losing.

What about that trade deadline lol! And they just gave us Poku!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Good game, like that Brandon made that FT, love that he took that last shot.

2 Likes

He got fouled on that tough 2 he made but no call. That last shot was about an inch short. Good shot

Ooof, that’s a stinker

PJ Washington with 1 point in his return to Charlotte. And he looked bad from the start. How appropriate. Lol

2 Likes

And they absolutely dismantled us, how even more apropos

1 Like

About those former hornets…

Isn’t that interesting how bad Hayward has been for OKC? They basically threw away players for nothing.

How rozier has been relatively lackluster for Miami? It’s not that Terry has been bad, but a lot seemed to think he would provide a spark they were missing, and that hasn’t necessarily been the case. (Or moved the needle like they thought)

And PJ has been okay for Dallas, especially as of late. Rebounding and three point shooting is up. Apparently, he does some of the heavy lifting on the defensive end. But this dud game against the hornets shows PJ still can’t be relied on and is still as streaky as always.

Upon reflection on those three trades, what a huge win for the hornets. Finally being able to offload the deadweight, and getting useful pieces and picks back. I’ve been wanting it for two years.

If we’re nitpicking, it would’ve been nice to get a good young player from Miami along with the 1st.

1 Like