Going For 3 In OKC

I want this version of PJ all the time

1 Like

What is this life?

2 Likes

This is so much fun!

1 Like

Calling it now… 2023-2024 champs! Haha

I don’t have stats to back me up, but I think another thing we’re seeing is PJ as more of a playmaker, where often times he’s – holy crap, that Nick dunk-- standing on the weak side waiting for a pass. Probably need to get him involved more, which I think will make him more active on both sides of the ball.

1 Like

I think this is more of what PJ can be if he has to. We have to find a way to get this PJ…

2 Likes

Got the ball in bounds.

Trust the process.

I like how we’re randomly a very fun team to end the season

1 Like

Hornets: West Coast Killers

1 Like

This is some great shit!

4 Likes

The Charlotte Spoilers

1 Like

Wish we could just start the season over playing like this. Really fun to watch.

1 Like

PJ was the MVP, but, man, some great all around contributions, particularly Theo filling in and going 19-9 with 4 BLOCKS.

Like everybody else, hope we can maintain this the last few games.

We need to sign PJ to a 1 year deal lol. I am so dang fearful this is a contract year thing because his issue has never been talent, always between the ears. I hope this is a new PJ but I fear he is just chasing the contract.

If this is the new PJ, it is what I have been waiting for for many many games.

1 Like

Last few games have been so much fun to see the young guys get extended time and opportunities to play thru mistakes. And play winning basketball against good teams who aren’t anywhere close to being as short handed as we are. Who are playing with the urgency of their playoff lives on the line. These aren’t just meaningless wins. Valuable experience and confidence builder for the young guys.

We’re locked in at fourth best lottery odds and I’m ecstatic about that. Sure I would have liked to see the young guys play more earlier in the season which may or may not have got us more losses (look how they’re winning now) but whatever it took to get us fourth best lottery odds this year I’ll take it. You can’t ask for any better than that for a team that wasn’t tearing it down to the studs and is trying to maintain a roster that could compete for the playoffs next year with the addition of a top 3 pick and good health. I’m feeling confident this is our year and we’ll be adding Wemby, Scoot or Miller.

But no matter where we land in the lottery we’re gonna add a very talented player and I don’t think it would have been worth it to do what was necessary to out tank Houston, Detroit and San Antonio this year.

4 Likes

I’ve loved seeing the younger guys step in. They only got that chance because the senior players were absent. It’s time for the front office to ask questions about which experienced vets we want back. Who, by simply being themselves, is stifling the younger guys? Who doesn’t fit with the ethos, drive, determination, effort on both sides of the ball that we have seen so clearly the last few games?

Every single win that’s earned by our young guys is worth a huge amount to the entire group. Hopefully, this late surge of form can propel the likes of Thor into the off-season.

1 Like

Knowing we can’t catch the Magic made these last couple games as fun as I’ve had in a long time.

Thor’s lack of productivity had me doubting if he’d ever get it, that he even had enough to be a long term NBA player. Credit to Cliff for sticking with him, it seems that light bulb is turning on. His instincts are still shaky, but with his outside shot becoming more consistent, with his athleticism, length, and defense, he can become a great role player for a good team. Maybe a Thaddeus Young, Jeff Green type player if he keeps developing.

The tough love with Bouk seems like it’s working too. He seems more engaged and focused in his time, playing hard, being more decisive, knowing how to find teammates. Rhythm and confidence always take time, but the basketball awareness and effort side seem much improved.

The star of the show is PJ of course. I’ve always liked… his potential, but the consistency and lack of aggressiveness gave me much pause over the last 2 years. I think the loss of Miles and all the injuries may have developed him in ways that might not have ever happened for him. I feel a lightbulb has gone off for him.

He’s been forced into more of a leadership role, and it’s apparent on the court. He’s going after rebounds more, he actually tries to attack the rim instead of settling for so many jumpers. His handle has actually improved a lot in being able to get to the rim. His passing has gotten better in setting up teammates.

None of these have been incredible leaps, but the incremental improvements have been noticeable. The Miles jump we were hoping for took longer and was less sudden, but I see the hallmarks of him becoming a guy you can go to rather than a passive role player that he seemed to had settled on earlier.

As for the Thunder, I’m really impressed with Giddey, Joe, and the shooter Jalen Williams, not the big one. Seeing Williams success as a mid college high draft pick shows that the talent level is even, so that a less known name like Taylor Hendricks could be a similar “steal” even though he was only on a non tourney UCF team.

I just hate that OKC doesn’t have to suffer in mediocrity for a decade. What the hell did that city do to deserve fun talented teams for their whole existence? Yes, I’m hating on them, I like their young guys, but we deserve the good vibes and fun loving times much more than the stolen SuperSonics team deserves.

3 Likes

Classic PJ Washington. Streaky player who can go on hot shooting streaks and stack up points when it doesn’t matter against meh teams.

Charlotte front office: GIVE THIS MAN 20m PER YEAR DEAL HES PERFECT FOR THE STATUS QUO!

Edit: okay, here’s some non snarky content that contributes to actual discourse: I’m fine with PJ coming back on a 3yr/36m deal. But nothing more than 12m or so.

Anything more than 12m is fine on a one year deal. PJ is nothing more than a below average starter who is more realistically suited in a role off the bench, who can start some games if needed.

1 Like